Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineredshadow
Kaskaladin' OnBy
 User Gallery

need some helph
    #3998448 - 04/01/05 02:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ok, im about to start growing some mushrooms for the first time. im goign to use vermeculite and brown rice flower for my cakes and my chamber is basically like the The Economy Semi-Automated Terrarium setup only with a very tall lid to try and get long stems.

my first question is, will one fish tnak air pump be enough for the mushrooms or will i still need to take the lid off once or twice a day for fanning?

my second question concers the temp. my thermometer usually reads 68-72F. is this too cool for the B+ strain? will it effect size and potency? also, is it possble to cold shock the B+ strain? ive herd some strains can take very low temps and not get cold shocked.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlines3x3s
Stranger
Re: need some helph [Re: redshadow]
    #3998494 - 04/01/05 03:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There is a chart ( sorry I dont have the link ) on the site, which shows the ideal temps for cubensis. It showed 86 degs F being the ideal temp ( I am having alot of trouble reaching this temp, I was running WAY too hot ) at 70 degs it will take a while for your cakes to cultivate, at 95 you will evap off your water, and at 105 you will fry your spores, which I may have done last night. =(
I hope I have been helpful.
s3x3s

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: need some helph [Re: s3x3s]
    #3998851 - 04/01/05 07:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.fungifun.org/GROWTH_PARAMETERS.htm
68-72 is wayyyy to low not wayy to low but its very very low and colonization will take forever!

one fish tank air pump will be suitable and no fanning will be needed with it

also the nutrients in your cakes not the size of your terrarium will determine how long ure stems get and brown rice flour cakes typically do not support very big shroomz

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlines3x3s
Stranger
Re: need some helph [Re: s3x3s]
    #3998855 - 04/01/05 07:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I found 2 links for you.
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23276
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23457

As I learned the very hard and painful way, Test your heating setup before inoculation to ensure that your spores will not be burnt off. I think 1 or 2 of my jars may have survived the 'heater incident'. I will be switching over to the 'heat bomb' or the 'tub in tub' *TiT* tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3315050/an/0/page/0
-s3x3s

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation