Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday.
    #3998019 - 04/01/05 12:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

So yesterday I go to school, and my 1st hour teacher(I use the term loosely) started talking about Terri Schiavo. He is a "liberal" democrat and explained to the class his theory about the situation.

He believed that the Schindler family must have been receiving money from the "right to life" groups, why else would they want to keep her alive, she's a vegetable. For 25 minutes he talked about how bad the media was treating the story, they demonized Michael Schiavo and put a religious conservative slant on the whole situation.

Later that day, in my 4th hour, a friend of mine explained how Michael Schiavo beat Terri and wanted her to die to "cover it up". He is obviously a deranged psychopath who beat Terri into a coma and refused treatment to hide the evidence. Why else would he possibly want her to die.

Is it that hard to believe that Michael loved his wife and wanted to carry out her wishes, every time he saw her it hurt because he knew that wasn't what she would have wanted. And maybe Terri's family loved her so much that seeing her alive gave them hope, and allowing her to die by starvation must have been the most painful thing they could go through.

But maybe I'm wrong, Michael was a sadist and the Schindlers got paid every hour Terri stayed alive.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: shroommachine]
    #3998027 - 04/01/05 12:39 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you're probably right, but you shouldn't go spreading such reasonable opinions. People might think you're crazy.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3998033 - 04/01/05 12:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can see losing faith in the media over this, but what's it got to do with the political process? If anything would make me lose faith in the political process, it would be the election....well, every election, actually.

--------------------

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: Silversoul]
    #3998131 - 04/01/05 01:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I can see losing faith in the media over this, but what's it got to do with the political process? If anything would make me lose faith in the political process, it would be the election....well, every election, actually.

I lost all faith in the 2 party system, 2 very smart people believing 2 very stupid things. People who consider themselves as a part of a political party tend to follow their party more than they follow themselves.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
    #3998196 - 04/01/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The pro-lifers have made a great false data campaign. Lets clear some things up here......
#1- Shiavo was a bulemic. She lost over 100 pounds very quickly. I think right there is a sure sign that she didnt want a feeding tube (kind of a joke).
#2- Micheal Schiavo was offered 1 mil by a man in california to divorce her, he declined the offer.
#3- This is all a money hungry deal anyway, as of now Micheal Schiavo has the rights to Terri's story. The parents only wanted him to divorce her so they could have the movie rights which are worth millions!
#4- Tom Daschle (sp?) who was spearheading this movement had much to gain from this. 1) it took the media coverage off his ethics scandal and 2) gave him favor with his constituency- BUT here is the kicker.... Mr Tom , in 93 i believe, had to do the same decision for his father....to pull the plug or not? guess what he did! he pulled the plug, then sued the ski lift company for some ridiculous amount of money (his father was a vegetable because of a ski lift accident), then to make him even more of a hypocrite than he already is, he later that year, signed a bill which made it almost impossible to bring lawsuit against major corporations for one time supposed negligence.
#5) heard anything about the war lately? hmmmmm, media got caught up?
....everyday, people are taken off the feeding tube, or off the ventilator, this case is no exception...the only diference, was that the media and politicians picked one to ride, since there was a jerry springer type family feud going on.

Once again, you have all been distracted from the agendas. Everyone has an agenda.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3998461 - 04/01/05 03:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

dude, shes not in a coma from being "beaten", are you a terri?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: SoopaX]
    #3998678 - 04/01/05 05:12 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

> Once again, you have all been distracted from the agendas.

I can never decide if there is a darker side to this type of hype or if it simply the media force feeding 'entertainment' to the people... trading in journalistic ethics for more money.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3998744 - 04/01/05 05:32 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Don't worry, the Schindlers filed an appeal to have Terri stored in cryonic suspension

--------------------

OfflineDoom
Rogue

Loc: ghost-train city
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3999441 - 04/01/05 11:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

wow, you lost faith in a 2 party system??

thats like losing faith in an crusty, day-old, bean-burrito.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: Doom]
    #4000556 - 04/01/05 03:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yea her bulemia is what caused her heart to stop and subsequently cause her brain damage. So she brought all this on herself.

but beyond that I have to agree with shroomachine I think mike shiavo was most likely just doing what he thought right. If it was simply because she was a burden to him or if she was a drain finacially he would have divorced her long ago and married his girlfriend of 9 years.

its Tom Delay(the asshole from texas) not Daschle, he was the senate minority leader until he was defeated last year. And yes he was trying to divert peoples attention away from his ethics reviews.

President Bush also has a very flip flopy record on the issue. As Texas' governer he passed a bill that allows for the removal of life support without family consent it takes like 2 doctors or something. I cant remember exactly what it is but it is pretty much the opposite of everything he has said in the last few weeks.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #4000643 - 04/01/05 03:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroommachine said:
So yesterday I go to school, and my 1st hour teacher(I use the term loosely) started talking about Terri Schiavo. He is a "liberal" democrat and explained to the class his theory about the situation.

He believed that the Schindler family must have been receiving money from the "right to life" groups, why else would they want to keep her alive, she's a vegetable. For 25 minutes he talked about how bad the media was treating the story, they demonized Michael Schiavo and put a religious conservative slant on the whole situation.

Later that day, in my 4th hour, a friend of mine explained how Michael Schiavo beat Terri and wanted her to die to "cover it up". He is obviously a deranged psychopath who beat Terri into a coma and refused treatment to hide the evidence. Why else would he possibly want her to die.

Is it that hard to believe that Michael loved his wife and wanted to carry out her wishes, every time he saw her it hurt because he knew that wasn't what she would have wanted. And maybe Terri's family loved her so much that seeing her alive gave them hope, and allowing her to die by starvation must have been the most painful thing they could go through.

But maybe I'm wrong, Michael was a sadist and the Schindlers got paid every hour Terri stayed alive.

god damn, i thought he was illustrating how people occupy themselves thinking about this horseshit, rather than something substantial.
i thought he was going to say at the end how he lost faith due to all of the voting masses being mundane idiots.

now were all still talkin about it.
i mean no disrespect to her.
but allll she was, and still is for that matter, is a distraction.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4001087 - 04/01/05 05:03 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shroommachine said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
I can see losing faith in the media over this, but what's it got to do with the political process?  If anything would make me lose faith in the political process, it would be the election....well, every election, actually.

I lost all faith in the 2 party system, 2 very smart people believing 2 very stupid things. People who consider themselves as a part of a political party tend to follow their party more than they follow themselves.

:thumbup:

Why'd you have faith in it to begin with?  :confused:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4001527 - 04/01/05 06:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes, delay, not daschle..... i was high when i wrote that....i apologize and so does my pipe.

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4015357 - 04/05/05 01:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Now I only have faith in pot. :stoned: :bongload:

--------------------

OfflineOJ
old hand
    #4015938 - 04/05/05 07:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My first impression was that they were keeping her alive in hopes she would not be vegative and make money to pay for medical expenses and losses.

Was just what I thought, either way it is a sad story!

-- OJ

Offlinepc93
Stranger
Terri Schiavo's murder and Michael Schiavo Re: Lost all faith in political proceess yesterday. [Re: BleaK]
    #4048784 - 04/13/05 03:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Too busy driving a new mercedes and his fiancee of 10 years and himself too busy making millions off of their own insurance business which they set up as a shell company and one that was sold for over 50mill. Many in this country are completely clueless and so are many of our leaders, either that or deliberately negligent and complicit in aiding and abetting a murder occurring right before our eyes and before the eyes of the world. A perfectly healthy (non-terminal) human being was dehydrated/starved to death and everyone said she died.. it's called murder and we are reliving Nazi Germany times. I'm glad that there are others like me that have a clue but apparently we were not strong enough to combat those who are in power, judges, law enforcement, etc. who aided and abetted this murder.

http://gnn.tv/headlines/2121/A_Culture_of_Death_Not_Life

Mae Magouirk safe for now. See Tekgnosis for further details.

Tell the Media to report the REAL Schiavo polls!

http://capwiz.com/sicminc/issues/alert/?alertid=7351686&type=ME

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/4/emw226586.htm

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/prweb/20050408/bs_prweb/prweb226586_3

My account, etc. of Terri Schindler's Funeral Mass:

http://tekgnosis.typepad.com/tekgnosis/2005/04/terris_funeral_.html

Main page:

http://tekgnosis.typepad.com

+++

From another before Terri's murder:

INCREDIBLE!!!

WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT YOU CAN SAVE 'TERRI SCHINDLER' .

NOW FROM 'JUSTICE WATCH'-

HOW DO YOU THINK TO CONTINUE ON IN OFFICE AND HAVE ANY RESPECT?

THE FACTS AND DOCUMENTS ON TERRI'S MURDER . OF 15+ YEARS ARE BEING PUBLISHED!!!

The NEW POLLS TO COME-OUT ARE:

IF YOU KNEW THAT YOUR DAUGHTER HAD BEEN BEATEN AND AFTER BEING HOSPITALIZED SOMEONE CRASHED IN HER HEAD. AND THEN FOR 15+ YEARS THE CORRUPT LAWYERS, POLITICIANS AND HUSBAND CONTINUED TO FALSIFY DOCUMENTS AND FACT, WERE INVOLVED IN MEDICAID FRAUD AND MORE, WOULD YOU ALLOW THEM TO FINALIZE THE PREMEDITATED MURDER OF YOUR DAUGHTER - WHEN IN FACT SHE COULD BE CURED?

YES? ________ OR NO? _________

THE POLLS UP TO NOW WERE FIXED!!! THESE WON'T BE!!!! AND WHEN THEY POP (LIKE SWIFTBOAT VETS) THOSE INVOLVED ARE GOING TO 'PRISON'!!!!

http://judgegeorgegreer.com/

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion