Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMasterZen
Stranger
i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive
    #3997337 - 03/31/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

ok you need:

-1 tupperware container, not to big

-desk lamp with 60 watt incandesent bulb or blue plant grow light(any bulb that expends allot of enerygy outputting heat as opposed to light)

-7 or 8 black garbage bags

-stick on fish tank temp gauge..again very cheap

procedure:

ok this is for the guy that wants to go cheap, first of all wrap up your tupperware container in one plastic garbage bag and stick the temp gauge on the inside of the tupper ware container.now heres the crucial part you need to cover the top of the tupper ware with enough folded over garbage bags so that no light can get through.because the bags are black they attract the heat of the ligth and make it warmer inside of the tupper ware to act as incubation heat.what i did was fold over about two bags and put them both together using pins for an 6-8 bag layer covering the top of the tupperware.if you ahve done this correctly the tupper ware should be in a garbage bag, thier should be a temp gauge inside of the tupperware(fish tank stick on), and a layer of binded garbage bags that si set on top. now take the lamp and mount it on something, the position it to face over the top of the tupperware conatiner right on top of all those garbage bags so all the heat will be inside the tupperware but the light cannot get through. wait a couple of hours and check the temp, adjust the heat by adjusting how far away the lamp light is until condition s are optimal.okay i forgot to mention one thing and that is NO LIDS...do not use your lid that comes with the container this process has no use for it.

give me any comments you may have on the ghettoest of the ghetto, good or bad.

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuzzy420
the 'shit'
Loc: colonized state
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: MasterZen]
    #3997392 - 03/31/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

poor guys dont have that much electricity, i rather throw some manure in a big and put in a dark p[lace :blush:

--------------------
You may not be the 'shit'... but its still useful, Moes knows burritos :o

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: MasterZen]
    #3997401 - 03/31/05 08:01 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

im a total newb of coarse but i wonder if this would dry the cakes.but 82 degrees or so isnt that hot, so it might just work. i applaud ur efforts to find new ways, especially for newbs looking to do it economically.  :scrambled:

OfflineFirewolf1327
Mycelial Ninja
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: Buzzy420]
    #3997407 - 03/31/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I feel sorry for the poor bastard.

Offlinejabatheglut
i smoke 10joints a day
 User Gallery

#3997450 - 03/31/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

thats a smart idea..probably not a lot of gas exchange in the bags tho..
good job

i got a pretty ghetto rig myself
got a TiT heatpad incubator
cost me like 30 bucks..not as cheap as your beast, but not bad eh?
and i just got it to stabalize the temp at 83-84--PERFECT!!

--------------------
my brain is melted.

OfflineFirewolf1327
Mycelial Ninja
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: jabatheglut]
    #3997492 - 03/31/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I'm just running a large tupperware container with a woobie and a heating pad.. 83 degrees with no added labor. (Woobie is a synthetic fiber blanket also known as a "poncho liner" for those with a military surplus nearby...It's practically an emergency blanket, but it's oh-so snuggly)

OfflineMasterZen
Stranger
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: jabatheglut]
    #3997519 - 03/31/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

yah i invented this right after i fucked up my fish tank heater, i dont really see how it could harm anything, gas exchange may be an issue as been mentioned.but im a newbi at cultivation and never really though of those things because i didnt have any gas exchange in my other incubator either.oh well everything i needed was right thier in front of me and pretty much common house hold items so i thought why not

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3997782 - 03/31/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

man, this seems like a pain in the ass. My incubator is pretty cheap, simple, and works great!

Rubbermaid (<$4) + smallest undertank reptile heater ($16) + old rag from around the house to put in the bottom of the container to prevent direct heat transfer to your jars ($0) = $20 for great working incubator. Fits perfectly in my nightstand drawer!

If you have an extra $4 you can get a thermometer while your at the pet store too, but this is practically unneccessary since it stays at a perfect temp (~82F)

But I suppose there are some poor fucks out there who can't spare an extra $20... sorry guys!

OfflineMasterZen
Stranger
Re: i think i just invented an incubator for the poorest bastard alive [Re: dr0mni]
    #3998463 - 04/01/05 01:09 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

ive got a reptile heat rock but id say most people dont and have garbage bags and a rubbermaid container.this is an incubator using common household items and a 2$ stick on fish tank heater which is optional, i incubated my jars without it and just felt the inside with my hand. when i made this post i didnt mean for it to be a poor man only thing i meant for it to be easy,simple,free,faster to make...but actually i have a heat rock laying around and im gonna try your idea

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds