Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStoneyTheBear
Stranger

First trip...on saturday
    #3997260 - 03/31/05 09:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Saturday will be the day that i will be having my first trip. There were questions on my mind that i didn't get answered correctly so maybe if i posted on the forums it would be much easier first off, I have very low tolerance with drugs, so what should i take 1.5 g or 2 g? Secondly can anyone give me a list of artists or songs that u recommend that is great for the trip. Another thing, i will be eating the mushies at 12 45 is it a good idea to eat it at that time then go home at 4 30 - 5 pm?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: First trip...on saturday [Re: StoneyTheBear]
    #3997320 - 03/31/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hey man, whats up.

I also have a low tolerance to drugs. Go with 1.5G. Read up on some trip reports to get an idea about the effects so there are not any surprises. 12:45 sounds like a cool time. I found that Daylight=happy, good vibes but less visuals. Nighttime=more intense and more visuals. Good luck!

As for music. Anything that's upbeat. Any kind of sad or depressing song can lead your mind to unwanted thoughts.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: First trip...on saturday [Re: Toddo]
    #3997924 - 04/01/05 12:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think that either of those doses would be fine. Good for a trip, but shouldn't be overwhelming.

Any time is a cool time to trip, but ONLY IF YOU HAVE 6-8 HOURS TO SPARE!!!!If you eat them at 12:45 you will be PEAKING between 4-5!

I suggest not going home, or finding a day when you have more time to spare. You don't want to have to have any responsibilities when you are experiancing this for the first time, especially if they involve GOING anywhere. You don't know what to expect and you shouldn't assume that you can handle something like going home to parents, kids, wife, whatever...

Just some advice, try to stay in one spot where you know you will be safe. Too many people get freaked out or put themselves in danger when they are riding in a car, or walking anywhere while tripping.

You may think nothing of sitting in a car sober, but when your tripping... YOUR LIKE SITTING IN THIS FUCKING CAR! HOLY SHIT I'VE NEVER SAT IN A CAR LIKE THIS!!!

you get the idea. Be safe, have fun, and god bless!

dr0mni

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: First trip...on saturday [Re: dr0mni]
    #3998018 - 04/01/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Haha, I had the "sitting in a car" problem my first time tripping, I kept trying to get out of the car, but we're smoking a bowl so we can't go out of the car, but the outside looks so nice, but there may be people outside, oh we're smoking a bowl, hey I wonder what it's like outside... (and that continued in my head until we left, heh).

I'd give myself at least 8 hours to completely get off it, I hate having to go home with pupils the size of quarters, makes me paranoid. Wish I had my apartment back....

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: First trip...on saturday [Re: eggystardust]
    #4002356 - 04/01/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good vibes to you brother  :smile: :sun: :mushroom2: :thumbup: :heartpump: :loveeyes: :laugh: :grin:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (04/01/05 10:28 PM)

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: First trip...on saturday [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4002933 - 04/02/05 12:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well if you've read up on mushrooms I'm sure you know there's different levels of trips. I always recommend you start off with a low dose, because everyones reaction to drugs is different. 1.5-2g should be fine. So assuming you won't be going for a high hallucinogenic dose here's what I'd recommend you take a look at:

The XAOS fractal program. This thing is amazing to look at on a mushroom trip, especially with some good music on. It lets you zoom into fractals that seem to go on forever. Very fun to toy around with.

As for music Boards of Canada is great to listen to. Other good ones include Radiohead's Hail to the Theif album, And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead and The Mars Volta.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Edited by Kodath (04/02/05 12:40 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience