Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
I think we're f*ckd
    #3996252 - 03/31/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I just realized something, and it's based partly on something which might offend some people but I'm going to say it anyway cause why not
one of two options is true
Terence McKenna's right
Terence McKenna's wrong

If Terence McKenna's right about what he says regarding there being a crisis point for Humanity occuring in 8 years time and he's right regarding the importance of the psychedelic experience as being the only hope for humanity then then we're in trouble cause if you take this board... Is this an accurate reflection of the whole Psychedlic community? Is this just the internet psychedlic community? THere are so many hopeless bastards on these boards like myself. There aren't as many activists??? Doesn't it seem that way? There are evil things posted all the time by the most common posters. If mushrooms are the way to seeing the truth then shouldn't we all be much better than we are? It isn't working like Terence promises it should? The mushrooms are used like pot by most kids.

Then other option is that Terence McKenna is wrong that we aren't approaching a crisis point 8 years from now where there is a mass change. If that doesn't happen in 8 years things will just continue as they are now and in about 30 years Earth will be a living hell everywhere. I don't know.

I guess there's a third option which is that he's partially right. Maybe he's wrong just about certain aspects of his theory like that Mushrooms are a positive tool for extraterrestrials to urge human beings to better morality. That seems very out there to me but then I've never tried DMT. He's definitely saying there is an absolute positive message in the trips, and that jives with my own experience but myself and noone I know is able to adhere to it in many ways, or intensely for very long. Even Terence McKenna smoked herb more often than he believed was ideal. He admits that in many of his lectures.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3996267 - 03/31/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

What's the evidence that the psychedelic experience is the only hope for humanity?

Why is the world going to be a living hell in 30 years?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #3996289 - 03/31/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

How many of these posters use the committed or heroic doses, alone, like TM suggests.

Not many I'll bet.

Still, no one can know if TM was on to something or not.

Try the dose and find out. :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Phluck]
    #3996325 - 03/31/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Good questions.
I'm not saying that the psychedelic experience is the only hope for humanity. I saying that it seems to be one of the fundamental points in Terence McKenna's beliefs about what's happening to Earth. I think he believes that because supposedly Mushrooms are expressing things about reality from God, or something godlike, the anchalogical object at the end of time is his term I believe.
See the alternative to that is they're just a crazy mind altering fungus that's fun to eat. I think that's what about half of all mushroom eaters take the experience as. I think I see that in the shroomery. Here on the shroomery OTD, scat central, gets about 10x the amount of traffic as the spirituality board. If mushrooms are really something that aids people in becoming somehow 'better' than those who haven't had the experience the ratio should be the opposite. A magic Mushroom website should be a beacon of wisdom, love, insight, caring. I mean, the Shroomery gets a lot of quality posts and a lot of quality posters (which I probably don't qualify as), but then there's just way more stupid crap and crappy posters, or people who just appear, and dissapear in a few months.

As far as this goes, I can see the change happening a little slower in order for humanity, there's always lots of people turning their life around in good ways... but I mean lets say things go on more or less as they are now in terms of people just living for themselves, taking what they can get, not feeling the effects of their lifestyles on others who suffer...the population is growing way faster than the people are turning good. it's exponential. resources are going to run out, the environment will go crazy.. mass suffering I see, but clouded the future is.

--------------------

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Icelander]
    #3996345 - 03/31/05 04:42 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I've tried 5 grams or more 3 times I guess. Alone twice. I've never really lost it that bad, or achieved ego loss. I didn't do it in silent darkness though. I'm sure that makes a really big difference to the trip.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3996452 - 03/31/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

There aren't as many activists [on the internet]

duh, they're too busy out doing things and being active to sit in front of their computers. Thus, the Shroomery is not an accurate representation of any community, psychedelic or otherwise, other than itself.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3996506 - 03/31/05 05:05 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

look around, haven't the word become dreamy lately? :P i see it everywhere.. maybe I'm just looking to hard.. he he

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Gomp]
    #3996588 - 03/31/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

We humans have failed to live in compliance with the laws of life. Whats happening to us right now, is somthing that would happen to ANY species on this planet that try to live outside the laws of life. Psychedelic's I feel wont change our future. They do help keep the mind off the subject though, if only for a short time.

Who knows when its all gonna end. It doesnt matter too much at this point. Our only hope, atleast mine anyways, is that after shits gone down, we might be able to go about things a wee bit differently, and try out some other ways of living, as responsable members of this wonderful society called Earth.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3996594 - 03/31/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Put a fool on drugs, and you have a stoned fool, nothing more

Only we can save ourselfs.
You can start by spreading love and spirituality in your own little community. You are not irrelevant.

One man can end it all with one button, and one man can save it all
with one word

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3996602 - 03/31/05 05:26 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

:yesnod: Just answering the topic's title.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3996615 - 03/31/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Show me where that button is man, i'll glady push it.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Gomp]
    #3996617 - 03/31/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Oh the world is indeed wonderfull, the problem is that some powerfull people don't see it, so they don't care much, and are prepared to destroy it. They aren't so much problem on their own, but millions who believe them

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: WildRunner]
    #3996621 - 03/31/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I won't show you if you wish to push it, I like sunshine in the morning and sweet air in the evening

--------------------

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3996634 - 03/31/05 05:31 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I was reading a Wired mag last night. There was an article about our current sources of power, and how ineffecient they are. When A computer/tech mag is talking about the state of our planet, you know somthings up.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: WildRunner]
    #3996646 - 03/31/05 05:33 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah... they'll be labelled terrorists for their dissention on the state of affairs in a matter of years.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3996847 - 03/31/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

the best thing we all can do right now for the planet is to fix ourselves inside. to me, the state of the outer world is a reflection of the inner world.

I don't think we are an accurate example of a psychedelic community, and the fact that everyone should react to a substance the same way is rather odd.

if we really are fixed on the inside, changing the outside wouldn't be much a problem. if people would only calm down.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3996876 - 03/31/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

1. mushrooms are not the 'only hope for humanity'

2. doing mushrooms will not save the world

3. terrance mckenna believed psychotropics should only be used by the forerunners of conciousness exploration, shamans, chemists, psychologists, etc. The reason so much shit gets posted here is because most of us none of those things. A confused, damaged person who does mushrooms will most likely just end up more confused and damaged.

4. Were not fucked. Breathe deep and feel the love. All of us are spirit, temporarily embodied in flesh, drifting home to our source. The waters may get rocky, but we all get there in the end.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #3996955 - 03/31/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I've tried 5 grams or more 3 times I guess.  Alone twice.  I've never really lost it that bad, or achieved ego loss.  I didn't do it in silent darkness though.  I'm sure that makes a really big difference to the trip.

Then try 7 grams then 8. Try smoking DMT when you peak on the schrooms. Don't give up. It's worth it.

You're right there is no way given the way things are that TM is right. In fact the Universe being Chaotic will never let you get a handle on what's happening. You don't have enough information to see the BIG PICTURE :smile:. Infinite mind knows, you and I don't. Ha Ha! I think a sup rise ending is in the offing. Don't dis pair! Enjoy your life. Find a way to love everything unconditionally. You most likely won't be able to, but you'll have a blast trying. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3996959 - 03/31/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I think we are not fucked, yet some people still think we are fucked. Yet some people still think we are fucked. It's funny to think you are fucked when you are not fucked. But how come so many people think we are fucked? Yeah, i wanna know that too. Fucked. A term not used very often.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: I think we're f*ckd [Re: Droz]
    #3997016 - 03/31/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

I think we'll be ok

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies