Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3998618 - 04/01/05 02:42 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

how does he have big balls? its the internet. nothings going to happen to him.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #3998632 - 04/01/05 02:54 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

It's an expression, "like you got some nerve"
I never said "big balls"
and I don't think I implied courage either.
"big mouth" might have been more appropriate

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3998673 - 04/01/05 03:10 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I persoanlly admire MJ very much so for his wisdom he has shared with us through his informative website and posts---this little dilemma does not affect this at all and I believe he is coming here to seek advice, not kick up dust.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: oDin]
    #3998710 - 04/01/05 03:24 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

On google I find three site refering his name in connection with the shroom bust. One is the Shroomery
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/1224446/sb/7/

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3998922 - 04/01/05 06:20 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

MJ get a damn job...you have way to much time on your hands
Youre getting senile and meaner than you usually are

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: SoopaX]
    #3998971 - 04/01/05 06:48 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
I know, Thailand is. Thats why it's such a MASSIVE coincidence.

you're obviously very unaware of anything that MJ does and are basing it on
hearsay, do a little reading, U.S. Code, Title 18, Chapter 117, SubSection 2423

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3999010 - 04/01/05 07:17 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

First off, I question the reasons that mjshroomer has posted this in this thread. I don't understand why this whole situation requires posting about it on the Shroomery.... :confused:

However, I do agree with the vast minority here that the article should not be removed, or that this man's name should not be omitted from the article. It seems as though mjshroomer has created an archive of mushroom related news stories for historical reasons, and that he is also concerned with accurately portraying these accounts as they originally were. He displays that he is interested in journalistic integrity in this regard - he is collecting information and news on the subject at hand, and will not compromise this information, in the interest of preserving the accuracy of this information.

While this particular news story is not relatively that important, to alter the news story because an interested party requests it be changed out of their own interests would be the same as the Southern states that seceded from the Union formed a lobby to remove anything regarding the Civil War from the history books, as these states have since then changed and do not want such information influencing people's opinions about them.

History is history, and mjshroomer seems to be interested in properly keeping accounts of this particular history, to maintain a complete archive of 'shroom related news. The fact that he posted all of this on the Shroomery in this manner seems to suggest other motivations for refusing to remove the dude's name, and perhaps that is why so many people have responded to this in the manner in which they have... however, I feel that the name should remain a part of the article. A person must learn to live with their mistakes. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3999088 - 04/01/05 07:59 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I've now read the article, and I think it is important for the name to remain in tact within the article. The article contains some interesting information regarding how the State can and cannot charge agansit mushroom possession, especially in regards to how this particular state doesn't have a definition of what a dose of mushrooms is. If someone was in a similar situation and needed to refer to the particulars of this case, having the name of the dude would certainly help. Someone could possibly get out of a charge, or at least lessen the charges....

The point is that the article has information that requires the name to be included in the event that someone had to investigate further into the case. This is a good reason why such an archive of news needs to exist and needs to be in-tact, especially if a government started to tamper with or destroy other archives. Its unfortunate that the dude had to go to court in this manner, but the fact that he did is archived in state records, multiple news archives both on and off the web, and the Shroomery itself. I think it benefits the shroom community to have this archived, even if it isn't that important.. its the principle of the thing, really.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: tomk]
    #3999787 - 04/01/05 10:53 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
Does anyone else feel sort of like they would feel if a prof were at an underage kegger when mjshroomer posts in the pub?  A very cool professor, no doubt, but still, I always just feel outclassed by this guy.  Well, until now.

Anyway, my point was, this thread was kinda like seeing that professor sloppy fall down drunk and make a complete ass of himself without even being aware that he did it.  It's OK, thats all ego shit and we all know the ego must be crucified, and he's still a cool guy, but the mystique just deflated a little.

The guy wants to minimize the harm the war on drugs did to his life.  Yes, he is an idiot.  He is also another incarnation of the same cosmic mind that is behind all existence.  An idiotic incarnation, no doubt, and a rude and offensive one, to us more sensible incarnations, but you've done enough drugs to know that this guy is you in some sense, and you're making his situation worse, with no benifit to yourself, expect for the pride and 'rights' of your illusory ego, and so, in that interaction, are making the world a worse place.  That is too bad, because most of your work serves to make the world a better place.

(ETA:  if there was more to the story then we have heard, then this analysis might not be applicable to the story we have so far)

5 shrooms to you for this and the other post. :thumbup:

I need not say more then that ^^

:sad:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3999792 - 04/01/05 10:59 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

This situation is so fucking stupid.  Lots of ego issues going on.  Even the title of the thread - Not "a drug dealer threatened me!" but instead "drug dealer threatens mjshroomer."  beyond calling the dude Drug Dealer, the title of it just makes it sound like, Oh My God - he threatened...MJSHROOMER?!  NO! This cannot stand!  Get over yourself. :thumbdown:  I prefer this thread to this thread.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3999842 - 04/01/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

think about it, if YOU were in the kid's position and you politely requested to have your name taken off a website and some [no flaming] wouldn't take it off just to prove a point and/or inflate his already out-of-control ego ... how would you feel?

give the guy a break and stop trying to be so eTough ... you're not impressing anyone

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (04/01/05 12:54 PM)

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4000036 - 04/01/05 11:45 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Even the title of the thread - Not "a drug dealer threatened me!" but instead "drug dealer threatens mjshroomer."  beyond calling the dude Drug Dealer, the title of it just makes it sound like, Oh My God - he threatened...MJSHROOMER?!  NO! This cannot stand!  Get over yourself. :thumbdown:  I prefer this thread to this thread.

:lol:  I was thinking the same thing about the title

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Boom]
    #4000071 - 04/01/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

agreed man... this kid asked nicely. From noe troubled drug user to another... just do him a favor, man.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: BrAiN]
    #4000208 - 04/01/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

As I have posted over and over, the name stays.

Here is the google url to the January 1, 2003 post by shroomery member Viscid, who was never flamed for the names being included in his posting of the articlet.

Quote:

Forums: Viewing forum: Shroomery News Service
... Man pleads innocent in mushroom case ( Pages 1 2 all ), viscid, 658, 14,
* * * *, 02/05/03 04:04 AM by Prisoner#1. Pages: 1 . ...
www.shroomery.org/forums/ postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/News/page/103 - 48k - Cached - Similar pages:

And this kid never once asked to have the shroomery remove the name. In his last letter above he now claims that someone else on the internet wrote and made up the whole story about him.

So it would appear that he he is just fucking with me.

And as noted above. whether the name is removed or not, his name will stay on the various search engines throughtout the internet.

Google, Yahoo, Mozilla and other search engine sites will not remove those reference urls regardless of if the name is on the mushrom site, the shroomery or any other search engines.

If you open the google link I posted it opens here to another post and it has his name right here at the shroomry posted all over the page. It is also at several electronic news services.

mj

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
    #4000221 - 04/01/05 12:24 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

just do the poor kid a favor. jesus.. maybe he's workin on it, trying to get his name out of as many places as he can... give the damn kid a break man. The only reason he turned into an ass is because you were a dick to him.

Male

#4000224 - 04/01/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

:yawn: :thumbdown:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4000292 - 04/01/05 12:36 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Mjshroomer,

You are a very well respected member here for your mushroom work over the years.

Please re-think putting up posts such as this in the future; you don't want us to remember you for your inane battles with a kid who's about to graduate college, and doesn't want it to be even harder to find a job when he does.

It is clear that you have the support of no one here. Maybe it's because we've all seen you make threads similar to this in the past that just seem inflammatory and self-serving.

As I said before: we have tons of love and respect for you. Please don't let your stubbornness and dramatics change that.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4000305 - 04/01/05 12:38 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Us drug users know what it's like to be hastled by 'the man' and should be willing to help each other out.

Stop [no flaming].

Edited by Learyfan (04/01/05 12:55 PM)

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: BrAiN]
    #4000324 - 04/01/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I love your new avatar, BrAiN.

Off-topic, I know, but I don't think it really detracts from this thread.

Male

Re: Drug Dealer Threatens Mjshroomer [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4000327 - 04/01/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Off-topic is just what this thread needs. THat IS an awesome choice of avatar.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag