Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
they just gave the pope the last rites...
    #3996511 - 03/31/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Probably a good thing if he dies. He's been around way too long and is all set in his ways and stuff. Maybe the catholics'll find themselves a nice young liberal priest who will stop all this stupid shit and promote sensible policies.

Like stop telling people in Africa that using condoms or other birth control will give them aids....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3996524 - 03/31/05 05:10 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Hasn't he already recieved his last rites a few times before?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Learyfan]
    #3996555 - 03/31/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Could be... I didn't know he was this far gone... I think it's about time he died and there was some change in the church however small that change may be...

Learyfan... i like the picture.... very (insert appropriate word here) (can't think of the right word ATM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Kamek]
    #3996659 - 03/31/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

The pope used to sell chemicals that killed Jews to the Nazis during WW2. I hope that old bastard falls out of his wheelchair and dies alone on the floor of some hospital. Too bad when he dies christianity lives on.....

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: DNKYD]
    #3996809 - 03/31/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

It's to bad the catholic church couldn't go the way of the Order of the Star, and have the new pope get up and say:

"We are going to discuss this morning the dissolution of the catholic church. Many will be delighted, and others will be rather sad. It is a question neither for rejoicing nor for sadness, because it is inevitable, as I am going to explain....

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others.

This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley....

Because I am free, unconditioned, whole, not the part, not the relative, but the whole Truth that is eternal, I desire those, who seek to understand me, to be free, not to follow me, not to make out of me a cage which will become a religion, a sect. Rather should they be free from all fears - from the fear of religion, from the fear of salvation, from the fear of spirituality, from the fear of love, from the fear of death, from the fear of life itself. As an artist paints a picture because he takes delight in that painting, because it is his self-expression, his glory, his well-being, so I do this and not because I want any thing from anyone. You are accustomed to authority, or to the atmosphere of authority which you think will lead you to spirituality. You think and hope that another can, by his extraordinary powers - a miracle - transport you to this realm of eternal freedom which is Happiness. Your whole outlook on life is based on that authority.

Again, you have the idea that only certain people hold the key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one holds it. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom of Eternity....

You have been accustomed to being told how far you have advanced, what is your spiritual status. How childish! Who but yourself can tell you if you are incorruptible?....

But those who really desire to understand, who are looking to find that which is eternal, without a beginning and without an end, will walk together with greater intensity, will be a danger to everything that is unessential, to unrealities, to shadows. And they will concentrate, they will become the flame, because they understand. Such a body we must create, and that is my purpose. Because of that true friendship - which you do not seem to know - there will be real co-operation on the part of each one. And this not because of authority, not because of salvation, but because you really understand, and hence are capable of living in the eternal. This is a greater thing than all pleasure, than all sacrifice.

So those are some of the reasons why, after careful consideration for two years, I have made this decision. It is not from a momentary impulse. I have not been persuaded to it by anyone - I am not persuaded in such things. For two years I have been thinking about this, slowly, carefully, patiently, and I have now decided to disband the Order, as I happen to be its Head. You can form other organisations and expect someone else. With that I am not concerned, nor with creating new cages, new decorations for those cages. My only concern is to set men absolutely, unconditionally free."

Wouldn't that be great?

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #3996822 - 03/31/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

The pope used to sell chemicals that killed Jews to the Nazis during WW2.

:rolleyes:

Now I'm as opposed to the pope's brash conservatism just as much as the next guy but I don't believe he had a hand in killing the Jews.  That's either a joke or it's another conspiracy theory without facts to back it up.  I think the pope did a lot of good in this world it's just too bad he wasn't more open-minded.  Look at me I'm already talking as if her were dead.  It really looks like he doesn't have very much longer on this earth.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3996827 - 03/31/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

are you completely ignorant of history? Pope john paul 2 wasnt even a pope anywhere NEAR ww2. Besides which, he was the very top of an already war-hardened and strong generation. His record and personality are exceptional.

It will be sad to see him go because he WAS making the church both kinder and stronger.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3996841 - 03/31/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yeah, after his near-assassination...and I believe some other time due to illness.

I saw the pope live in concert (world youth day) when I was like 13. shortly after was when I decided I was not a catholic/christian.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: tomk]
    #3996890 - 03/31/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
Wouldn't that be great?

Indeed it would.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: vampirism]
    #3996912 - 03/31/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
are you completely ignorant of history? Pope john paul 2 wasnt even a pope anywhere NEAR ww2.

Did I say he was Pope at the time of this sick deed? No, I did not.

Quote:

In the early 1940's, a young Polish salesman, employed by I.G. Farben Chemical Company (manufacturer of cyanide gas) 1 sold cyanide to the Nazis, for use in Auschwitz. He also worked as a chemist manufacturing the cyanide gas that exterminated millions of Jews and other peoples in the very heart of the Auschwitz extermination camp. Fearing for his life after the war, he took refuge in the Catholic church (cult) and was ordained a priest in late 1946. In 1958, he was ordained Poland's youngest bishop. After the thirty day reign and assassination of his predecessor, he assumed the papacy as Pope John Paul II

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Antichrist/Fugitive_Pope.html

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3996920 - 03/31/05 06:12 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

that is pure bullshit.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3996944 - 03/31/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Also from the pastor at alamo ministries:

"The IRS, working with CAN (the Cult Awareness Network? they are the cult to be aware of) and false, bribed witnesses, has been holding a secret grand jury trial against me, Pastor Tony Alamo, in Memphis, Tennessee, hoping to get an indictment against me for criminal tax evasion. Those well-known tyrants are threatening former members and acquaintances of my church. The former members of my church (backsliders) are being told by the IRS and other government agencies that if they don?t falsely testify against me on these trumped-up charges, along with a bogus child abuse case in Southern California, the IRS will file false conspiracy charges against the former members of my church."

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Gospel_literature/heavenlypharmacy.html

Maybe this guy is a crackpot.

That would make him like the pope!

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3996977 - 03/31/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

So long, Johnny.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Silversoul]
    #3996980 - 03/31/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

how american

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3996985 - 03/31/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Hasn't he already recieved his last rites a few times before?

Once before, after his asassination attempt in the early 80s.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#3997002 - 03/31/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
how american

So?

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Silversoul]
    #3997005 - 03/31/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

just completely classless and vapid, thats all.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #3997011 - 03/31/05 06:34 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

http://popejohnpaul.com/php/showContent.php?linkid=1
During the Nazi occupation Karol clandestinely pursued both his studies and his acting while working as a stonecutter to support himself and to hold the work permit he needed to avoid deportation or imprisonment. Karol Wojtyla was active in the UNIA, a Christian democratic underground organization. B'nai B'rith and other authorities have testified that he helped Jews find refuge from the Nazis.

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #3997081 - 03/31/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

learyfan do u really need a nazi pic as ur avator what do u believe in that shit white power this is susposed to be a peacefull site get ridda that sick before i [no flaming]

--------------------
death, its a one and a life time experence ill be ready will you?

Edited by Learyfan (03/31/05 08:38 PM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: pink_buffalo]
    #3997088 - 03/31/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

The Swastika was not a symbol of rascism, death and destruction until the Nazis got a hold of it. And his avatar is not a nazi pic.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997096 - 03/31/05 07:00 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

and now it is, fancy that!

like it or not its burned into history as a symbol of hatred for at least a long time to come

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997098 - 03/31/05 07:01 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

the Swastika is the symbol that the nazis used the nazis killed millions of jews if you can live with that not being racist fine i cant

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3997117 - 03/31/05 07:08 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

In the 1800s, countries around Germany were growing much larger, forming empires; yet Germany was not a unified country until 1871. To counter the feeling of vulnerability and the stigma of youth, German nationalists in the mid-nineteenth century began to use the swastika, because it had ancient Aryan/Indian origins, to represent a long Germanic/Aryan history.

By the end of the nineteenth century, the swastika could be found on nationalist German volkisch periodicals and was the official emblem of the German Gymnasts' League.

In the beginning of the twentieth century, the swastika was a common symbol of German nationalism and could be found in a multitude of places such as the emblem for the Wandervogel, a German youth movement; on Joerg Lanz von Liebenfels' antisemitic periodical Ostara; on various Freikorps units; and as an emblem of the Thule Society.

Hitler and the Nazis

In 1920, Adolf Hitler decided that the Nazi Party needed its own insignia and flag. For Hitler, the new flag had to be "a symbol of our own struggle" as well as "highly effective as a poster." (Mein Kampf, pg. 495)

On August 7, 1920, at the Salzburg Congress, this flag became the official emblem of the Nazi Party.

In Mein Kampf, Hitler described the Nazis' new flag: "In red we see the social idea of the movement, in white the nationalistic idea, in the swastika the mission of the struggle for the victory of the Aryan man, and, by the same token, the victory of the idea of creative work, which as such always has been and always will be anti-Semitic." (pg. 496-497)

Because of the Nazis' flag, the swastika soon became a symbol of hate, antisemitism, violence, death, and murder.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997125 - 03/31/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

whats your point ? :/
the past is the past

you cant prove the swastika means nothing by pointing out its origins. The cross, particularly the ankh had no association with christ until he came along, and to this day it is an instantly recognized symbol for christ

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997165 - 03/31/05 07:22 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

the swastika is used by millions of hindus, jains, and buddhists throughout the world. are you saying they should not?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/manwoman/

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997167 - 03/31/05 07:22 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

my point is if you go around germany do you see that symbol anywhere no because that was a horrible time and millions of people died because of one unsecure person you do not need to advertise this. i am italian and at one point they were on the nazi side in war im not jewish and this offends me i cant understand what a jewish person would feel after there past relitives were held in concentration camps, beaten, raped, killed and you think its just a symbol its not it represents what hitler did so you can [no flaming]

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (03/31/05 08:39 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3997172 - 03/31/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
whats your point ? :/
the past is the past

you cant prove the swastika means nothing by pointing out its origins. The cross, particularly the ankh had no association with christ until he came along, and to this day it is an instantly recognized symbol for christ

Wait, wait, isn't the cross the symbol of the KKK. They have been one of the most recent to use it, right?  :wink:

Also a swastika is only really a nazi icon if it is tilted and reversed, so it really isn't even the same as the old Buddhist symbol. Comparing the two is akin to comparing the cross, the symbol of christ, and the upside down cross, which is commonly linked to satanism.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3997178 - 03/31/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

no.

I have said nothing of what should or should not be when relating the swastika.

However, I am not hindu or buddhist and I suspect that you are not either. The Swastika is not a religious symbol to me or anyone in either of my cultures.

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997179 - 03/31/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yes im saying they souldnt use a symbol that represents the killing of millions of people how would u feel if i kiiled you then started killing millions of other people and then said it was ok to use the symbol b/c it dosnt only mean that

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #3997188 - 03/31/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

pink_buffalo said:
this is susposed to be a peacefull site

Quote:

pink_buffalo said:
before i kick your ass

:lol:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: d33p]
    #3997189 - 03/31/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

thats a good point about the tilt and reversal

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3997197 - 03/31/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

It does not represent the killing of innocent people. That is your interpretation of the symbol based on historical facts that have been presented to you.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997200 - 03/31/05 07:28 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yeah, it is a good point. It's not unlike an upside-down burning cross, and a regular one.

They aren't the same symbol, there are differences. If you're not able to see them, it's a personal problem, and not a problem of the person using the symbol in a non-hateful way. Sheesh.

--------------------

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997201 - 03/31/05 07:29 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

ya your right but when racism is brought into the picture i dont care all racist people shoud be hung untill almost the point of death then thrown underwater till drownding, then revived, then have fingers cut off and so on and so on

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3997204 - 03/31/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Those are some strong feelings you have there.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997205 - 03/31/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

how kind

why? And who will define when someone is a racist?

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997208 - 03/31/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

what the hell? Please be quiet now, you're making a total fool of yourself. Hating those that practice hate does no good.

--------------------

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997217 - 03/31/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

why should you be racist its not someones fault that they were born with whatever background they are

i cannot exactly define racism but i no that nazis are

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997228 - 03/31/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

ill admit that I wouldn't care too much if all the world's neo-nazis dropped dead. But torture and etc ? Can you imagine the monsters who would be the only ones capable of carrying out the sentence?

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997235 - 03/31/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

what am i susposed to like racist people, think its ok, its not and people who think that that arnt right thats whats rong with society people hating people for no real reason i have a great reason for hating racist people what valid reason do racists have

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997255 - 03/31/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Look, they think their reasons are just as valid as yours. Personally, I think your reasons are stupid and childish. Hate fuels hate, I can't explain that to you enough. If you want racism to end, it'd be a good idea to quit preaching the hate that they thrive on...

By the way, how old are you?

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997266 - 03/31/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
no.

I have said nothing of what should or should not be when relating the swastika.

However, I am not hindu or buddhist and I suspect that you are not either. The Swastika is not a religious symbol to me or anyone in either of my cultures.

actually, I am a student of the rinzai school of zen here in my town - I am learning. And there are millions of hindu and buddhists in the US and a small number of jains.

symbols only reflect the meanings that we give it. if you want the swastika to be a symbol of hate, it will be. the only way to reverse the damage to the swastika (although I would not say it is damaged - only to westerners who know next to nothing about eastern thought) is to emphasize the deeper and true meaning of the symbol.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: lukeboots]
    #3997271 - 03/31/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I'd say not old enough to understand sentence structure.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997294 - 03/31/05 07:43 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

What about the reversed and tilted swastika, hmmm ?

You can believe what you will about symbols, but some symbols transcend individual perception and are socially important. There is no escape from this. Words and letters are symbols, but if you decide the word "fuck" means "love" and you go around yelling it at people, are they wrong to interpret it as an insult?

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997302 - 03/31/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

The difference being that he didn't 'decide' the swastika means something different, he is just aware that it doesn't always (and didn't always) represent murdered jews.

--------------------

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997304 - 03/31/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

my views are childish how would you feel if you were killed, imprisioned, raped, beaten because of your race maby you people need to have a little taste of racism before you can understand it and noone has the right to hate someone because of there race or what they believe in if you cant see that you are the one who is childish

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997329 - 03/31/05 07:49 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I'm calling you childish because you a) Threatened to beat up Learyfan on the internet. b) Want to torture and murder a whole group of people because they hold a certain belief. c) Don't and won't understand that the swastika has a much longer history and use outside of Nazi Germany.

Hating racists is fine and good - I'm not too fond of them myself. However, saying you want them all hung? Now that's going a bit far. In my opinion, you're just as bad as they are for wanting them all dead. The KKK murders people because of their views (among other reasons), and here you are wanting to murder a humongous group of people because of a view they hold. See the similarity? Why not educate them instead of hang them? Do you even understand what I'm trying to tell you?

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997331 - 03/31/05 07:50 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

that's right, but the nazis made a decision and it took hold. I maintain that the origins of any symbol are detached from its current meaning outside of scholarly exploration.

Within the Scope of Buddhism and other... organizations , the swastika has some religious meaning. They gave meaning to the symbol before the nazis, but the nazis changed the symbol around a bit and gave it their own meaning. It is a new symbol which happens to have origins in a religious symbol, but this is just an interesting curiosity from the standpoint of the reversed and tilted swastika.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997335 - 03/31/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
The difference being that he didn't 'decide' the swastika means something different, he is just aware that it doesn't always (and didn't always) represent murdered jews.

:thumbup:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3997340 - 03/31/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

So, what do you want to do? Kill, imprison, rape, and beat the people who did that? What would that solve?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997346 - 03/31/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

that's right, but the nazis made a decision and it took hold. I maintain that the origins of any symbol are detached from its current meaning outside of scholarly exploration.

Within the Scope of Buddhism and other... organizations , the swastika has some religious meaning. They gave meaning to the symbol before the nazis, but the nazis changed the symbol around a bit and gave it their own meaning. It is a new symbol which happens to have origins in a religious symbol, but this is just an interesting curiosity from the standpoint of the reversed and tilted swastika.

...you obviously have never traveled to Asia. There sure are alot of Nazis there flaunting their symbol of hatred  :rolleyes: Only those of "scholarly exploration" know of the non-nazi use of the swastika... :rolleyes:

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997348 - 03/31/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

obviously you will never understand that racism is not a part of a healthy society maybe i went a little far with the hanging ect but i dont want thoes kind of people apart of my life

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997356 - 03/31/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

who is the racist here?

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997370 - 03/31/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

No, I do understand that racism is not a healthy part of society. But I also understand that trying to stop a group of hate-mongers by hating them will never work..

--------------------

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997386 - 03/31/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

the problem with it is they dont learn whats the worst that can happen to someone if they are rasist i dont even no if there is a law there may be i dont no but im sure if it was inforced in someway maybe not to the extreme as in what i said it could be stoped or atleast slowed down

--------------------

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
    #3997405 - 03/31/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

anyways im not going to waste my time argueing this any more obviously you dont understand that these people are rong and need to be punished

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3997411 - 03/31/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I don't know where you live, but in America we have Freedom of expression, religion, speech, press, assembly. Racists have the freedom to hold their racist belief. If they act on that belief and it harms another person or infringes upon another person's freedoms, the racist person will be disciplined. There cannot be a law against racist beliefs.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
    #3997415 - 03/31/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

There's laws against [acted out] racism. They're called Hate Crime laws.

Martin Luther King Jr succeeded in eradicating much racism, however, he didn't do it by hanging white people. There's other ways to help people learn their foolishness.

For instance, had we had this conversation in real life - I would not have punched you in the face for saying you were going to hang a bunch of people. That'd be fighting hate with hate. I'd do exactly what I did in this thread and try to communicate non-violently with you about why you should not think hanging people is a good solution to racism.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997427 - 03/31/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

:thumbup:

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997451 - 03/31/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

what are you talking about?

In asia, people hang symbols of a black, reversed and tilted swastika on a white circle with a red background?

If no, my point still stands!

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3997472 - 03/31/05 08:13 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol: You know nothing about Learyfan my friend, he's a good man.....and far from racist. He posts pics with every post, and each pic has something to do with his post.....the cross/swastika was most likely an ironic reference to the evils of christianity...esp. the Catholic Church. One more thing, you just prejudged Learyfan...making you no better than racists.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997502 - 03/31/05 08:18 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

the swastika is held at many different positions. it is a myth that the symbol was "reversed and tilted" - you can see the symbol in dozens of different ways...as for the red flag and white circle as seen in nazi symobolism, that is the distinct symbol of hate - not all of the other variations of the swastika that are much older and probably more widely used per capita than the nazi swastika.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997549 - 03/31/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

damnit you're right, i feel like a moron for not checking out the swastika first. Ughhhh /repeats to self: never ever trust someone, even to do the simplest thing imaginable

Anyway, the distinct symbol of hate is precisely important. Any visual referencing to it must now be suspect outside of clear religious meaning, at least in contemporary Western Society. This may not be just, and it may not even make much sense but thats how it is- it has become socially, and even culturally very significant. When john deerfield made a poster of a christmas tree made of swastikas in the 30s, he was not making a religious statement, and no one thought so for a second!

If you look at per capita recognition of the symbol, I think it would at least be about even between swastika as religious symbol and swastika as hate symbol. Besides which, it obviously differs on region.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3997611 - 03/31/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

oh and i noticed that I always argue about every single thing with you, with both of us railing on the other with different approaches and points- it feels like you're my opposite

that said, youll probably think I'm crazy and deluded, but could I get your birthdate? If not, which of these are you: http://astrodreamadvisor.com/free_mayan_readings.html ? find out with the image link on top

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3997647 - 03/31/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

yeah, what the fuck man?  :grin: we are always arguing about some dumb bullshit - and the bad part is we are both persistent. I need to chill out...

I can pm you my birthday, I suppose.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3997654 - 03/31/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
the swastika is held at many different positions. it is a myth that the symbol was "reversed and tilted" - you can see the symbol in dozens of different ways...as for the red flag and white circle as seen in nazi symobolism, that is the distinct symbol of hate - not all of the other variations of the swastika that are much older and probably more widely used per capita than the nazi swastika.

It is not a myth. In hitler's early literature he states that he reversed the symbol to provide distinction from the original symbol(although there are thousands of other explanations) and he tilted it because he felt it looked more aggressive. The nazi swastika is always to be reversed, if presented otherwise, it is an error. As for the tilting, in the millions of reproductions of the nazi swastika since hitler began using it, on some occasions it is not tilted probably to create variety, or when reproduced in metal above an emblem placing it untilted may have made the medal stronger, etc.

That does not escape the fact that the true nazi swastika is to be reversed and tilted.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3997964 - 03/31/05 10:23 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Thanks Dark Star  :grin:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3998081 - 03/31/05 10:49 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I don't see how an intelligent person could look at the picture that LearyFan posted and think he's a racist.

It's obviously meant as an attack on catholicism or christianity. Perhaps a critique of the catholic church's actions during the second world war, or perhaps other things.

Before accusing someone of being a racist, try thinking. With your brain.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Phluck]
    #3998112 - 03/31/05 10:55 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Before accusing someone of being a racist, try thinking. With your brain.

Blasphemy!

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: tomk]
    #3998479 - 04/01/05 01:19 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Gospel_literature/flying_saucers.html
Flying Saucers and the Gospel, two things that make me doubt this guys sanity.

I?ve written several pieces of literature concerning visions, signs, and wonders given to me by the Lord.1 There are many other visions, signs, wonders, and messages God has given me that I?ve never written about. I never thought I?d write an article regarding this particular experience that Susie and I had with UFOs, but the Lord has commanded me strongly to tell it now. That is why I?m informing the world of it at this time.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale