Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
K, if these questions belong in the not-so-advanced forum, Im sorry.
1. Im going to be growing some cubes on finchseed(penningtons as a matter of fact). I boiled it for about 45 minutes then rinsed it lightly with water, then loaded my pint jars, then preassure cooked it for an hour. The seed looks a little sticky, is this ok or should I have rinsed it more?
2. I also have some organic compost(the stuff out in front of save mart, 1 cu. ft. bag, no manure) that I would like to use. Should I use this as a bulk substrate, as a casing or both?
3. Does my compost need to be pastureized, nuked, or preassure cooked? Is this even neccessary?
4. Does my compost need water added to it, or is an initial heavy misting of my casings enough?
ok, thats all I can think of. I will post more as the questions come.
1. It is a bit sticky evenif you rinse it. But it shouldn?t form big clumps.
You can add 10% vermiculite to make it more shakeable.
3. I microwave the wetted caing material for 10 minutes, some don?t
4. Add as much water, that when you squeeze a handfull in your hand, a few drops of water come out.
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, bodhisatta 625 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]