Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Lotus Trifecta: Nelumbo Nucifera is different than Nymphae genus lotuses
    #3994966 - 03/31/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I recently bioassayed Nymphae Alba, Nymphae Caerulea and Nelumbo Nucifera all during the same time period with an eye towards describing the effects and seeing which was most potent.

I have come to believe, through experimentation, that nelumbo nucifera and nymphae cearelua have completely different chemical actives. I used to think they were the same until I tried smoking blue lotus after smoking sacred lotus. There is a special "frontal lobe" activation with sacred lotus (nelumbo nucifera) that the blue lotus (nymphae caerulea) was bringing me down from. I then proceeded to smoke more nelumbo nucifera and regained this frontal lobe activation. On top of that the effects of them differ quite a bit. Nelumbo Nucifera makes me quite lucid and I'll almost always get creative energy that comes out as jokes, improv or whatever I get the notion to do. Nelumbo also seems to make the world slightly more dense. Nymphae (alba and caerulea) seems to be more euphoric, more about touch enhancement and a different character of CEVs. For me it also seems that nelumbo nucifera and cannabis somewhat counteract each other whereas nymphae and cannabis get me way gone.

More Later i've gotta jet.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Lotus Trifecta: Nelumbo Nucifera is different than Nymphae genus lotuses [Re: passitbobbie]
    #4012375 - 04/04/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This is a great post. I was always wondering if they really were the same effects or not.

And your post seems on the money. From what I've heard from people, when they put Nymphae in alcohol and take a shot, they get an enormous body sensation. Like a touch enhancement, like you said.

Anyone else tried these plants?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Lotus Trifecta: Nelumbo Nucifera is different than Nymphae genus lotuses [Re: freddurgan]
    #4012939 - 04/04/05 04:22 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I compare it in alcohol to a mild dose of MDMA

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Lotus Trifecta: Nelumbo Nucifera is different than Nymphae genus lotuses [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4013029 - 04/04/05 04:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Im going to steal a bit from a PM to a shroomerite:

Blue lotus: Feels like a hybrid between pot and opium. Mental Retardation similar to pot, comfortables, touch enhancement and some euphoria and very synergistic with weed lengthening the experience of both herbs.

Sacred lotus: Id describe the instant effects to be like a very clear headed high, very lucid, but also reality distortion. There is an activation of my head that almost feels like my brain is full but in a good way. I also experience severe comfortableness usually before im done smoking but much after the initial effects.

I am quite certain these are different actives and should not be taken at the same time if one wants to fully experience the other. That said sacred lotus exhibits no reverse tolerance like blue lotus. Whereas the proper way to get accustomed to blue lotus is to take 3 grams of raw plant material over the course of 5 days. On the sixth day you should feel free to consume as much as desired but will most likely still be working on the reverse tolerance. A dose by weight of raw plant material is 3-6 grams.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Lotus Trifecta: Nelumbo Nucifera is different than Nymphae genus lotuses [Re: passitbobbie]
    #4014421 - 04/04/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

blue lotus seems alot like a mild cannabis, with a physical enchancement.

this is w/ a bit of 25:1 mixed with calea and salvia leaf

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden