Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
4 Ques. , bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw *PIC*
    #3992722 - 03/30/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

1) I have a few pieces of straw sticking out of the casing and a white fuzzy shit grew on it can this be Mycelium? or I in other words can mycelium grow on straw like this about 1" above casing.  The casing looks like mycelium but reason I ask this is because pinning is taking a while 10 days. 

2)pan cyan better on rye grass seed, WBS or finch seed? 

3) I'm really interested in bulk neglect and I'm confused.  report says only uncover for a few minutes.  what about lighting? is the lighting getting through the bag?  also humidity is there a problem with it the bag is just layered on top? and contamination is there a big risk with contams more so then lets say with a Rubbermaid type of setup?

4)  I use tyvek on my jars could I remove the metal cover and just use the tyvek or would this allow maybe to much air circulation and cause the jars to dry out a lot faster? Also keep in mind that my jars colonize slower then most people I read on here.  Cambodian + rye berries, 7 days ago I just saw signs of growth today. Incub. temp 82

Thanks for the help in advance
  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Edited by GNIOM1498 (03/31/05 12:39 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: 4 Ques. Pan cyan, bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3992889 - 03/31/05 12:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

here's a pic

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: 4 Ques. Pan cyan, bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4002798 - 04/02/05 12:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

wonderful thanks :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 4 Ques. , bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw *PIC* [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4004181 - 04/02/05 10:28 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

1) I have a few pieces of straw sticking out of the casing and a white fuzzy shit grew on it can this be Mycelium? or I in other words can mycelium grow on straw like this about 1" above casing.  The casing looks like mycelium but reason I ask this is because pinning is taking a while 10 days.

Its myc. Its taking a while, most likly because the straw wasnt at 100%. Even if it looked like it was..straws like that. Also if you dont use a good spawn ratio, straws a much bigger pain. But just hold onto it and it should fruit soon.

2)pan cyan better on rye grass seed, WBS or finch seed? 

I'd bet it would work on any of them. WBS and finch seed are pretty much the same, finch seeds just a little smaller and more expensive. I found throwing in a cup of wormcastings into some WBS soaking (enough for about 20 quarts), and leaving it during the simmer, mixing it all up, coats it and helps it along. Any sort of poo would probably work well this way. I havnt tried rye grass for pans, but water content is difficult to get right so I'd suggest going with the WBS or finch seed...plus I'm sure it works on those, not sure how well rye grass colonizes. I actually liked about 70%verm/20%rye/10%verm the best..same as for cubies when I spawn.

3) I'm really interested in bulk neglect and I'm confused.  report says only uncover for a few minutes.  what about lighting? is the lighting getting through the bag?  also humidity is there a problem with it the bag is just layered on top? and contamination is there a big risk with contams more so then lets say with a Rubbermaid type of setup?

Is the bag clear? A few minutes a day should be enough, but as with any neglect tek, its not getting optimal conditions...pinning will take longer and yeild will suffer..compared to if you didnt neglect it. But eventually you'll get some shrooms from it without really paying much attention to it.

4)  I use tyvek on my jars could I remove the metal cover and just use the tyvek or would this allow maybe to much air circulation and cause the jars to dry out a lot faster? Also keep in mind that my jars colonize slower then most people I read on here.  Cambodian + rye berries, 7 days ago I just saw signs of growth today. Incub. temp 82

It could very well dry them out. Some do it no problems, some do it with lots of problems. Those that dont have problems are usually experienced enough to know how to deal with the jars though...most who try sqitching, run into problems. You could try it with 1 or 2 jars from your next batch though. I think your problem though, is most peoples problem with grains, water content. A few to many cc's of water, colonization will be slow..same for to few cc's of water. Also strain can have to do with germination time, some take longer than others. Still, I'd bet on the water content, if temps are perfect (sounds like they are).

Thanks for the help in advance
  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Re: 4 Ques. , bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw *PIC* [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4007179 - 04/03/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks !

--------------------

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere
Re: 4 Ques. , bulk neglect, tyvek on jars, mycelium on straw *PIC* [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4007208 - 04/03/05 01:44 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
70%verm/20%rye/10%verm

Whats that about? Mistype?

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson

It's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles.

Don't be a fool, this is a war on drugs. Act like. The government sure does!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation