Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

27 pounds butsed
    #3992264 - 03/30/05 10:02 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

any one hear about that, it happened out in PA

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3992354 - 03/30/05 10:23 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

You mean that one grower? He's kinda nearby to me....I hope the piggies fucked up their warrents so he'll get off on a technicality.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3992371 - 03/30/05 10:28 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah the grower, i wonder if its going to fuck up my smoking habits?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis

#3992389 - 03/30/05 10:32 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I've been wondering the same thing, the shit he was growing was extremely high-grade, and we've been getting extremely high grade headies around here; white rhino and AK-47 for instance. I wonder if it's his shit that we've been getting.

--------------------

User Gallery

#3992399 - 03/30/05 10:36 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

i wonder........

--------------------

OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3992422 - 03/30/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

If 9/11 didn't permanently hurt your ability to obtain weed, I doubt if this guy getting busted will.

I wish the best for him and his family, though.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: Learyfan]
    #3992447 - 03/30/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Oh yeah, I know I'll be able to get.....I just wonder if he's been growing all of the good headies that have been around here lately. Anyway, I'm hoping he gets off....nothing gets my blood boiling like hearing about a bust.  :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: Learyfan]
    #3992448 - 03/30/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

seriously....

in Massena people drive accross the border with pounds all the time, and they got caught , rat some people out, and get 1 year ACD's. I don't know how they do it, but they are in the paper a lot.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: Jim]
    #3992463 - 03/30/05 10:57 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hmmmm, your post brings something to mind, a major dealer in my area, both pot and dope was busted a couple months back....this guy was really high up on the chain; people go to him for pounds. I wonder if he ratted out this grower.  :strokebeard:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (03/30/05 10:58 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3992511 - 03/30/05 11:05 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

any one hear about that, it happened out in PA

What happened? Do you have a link?

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3992611 - 03/30/05 11:24 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

A guy got busted growing large quantities of extremely high-grade buds in a suburban home....I don't have a link, but it happened nearby so it was on the news, and on the front page of the paper...I can't find the paper at the moment, but I'll post more details when I do.

--------------------

OfflineDeadHeadNotLed
Stranger
    #3992623 - 03/30/05 11:28 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Hey Grateful Jim.  You mentioned Massena.  Is that Massena, NY?  Is that where you live?  I almost moved there when I was younger.  I heard it's like a ghost town, but if they got a lot of weed I should probably check it out.  :smile:

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: 27 pounds butsed [Re: DeadHeadNotLed]
    #3993426 - 03/31/05 02:50 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

DA: Suburban home hid marijuana farm
Authorities report seizing 300 lbs. of drug, 222 plants from Schnecksville home of Allentown nail salon owner.

By Joe McDermott
Of The Morning Call

Working from the basement of his home in a Schnecksville residential development, Luu ''Jacky'' Pham ran one of the largest and most sophisticated marijuana growing operations ever seen by state and local prosecutors, authorities said Monday.

Pham, 45, of 5166 Arrowhead Drive, may have sold more than $5 million worth of marijuana in about a year and used a nail salon he owned at Sixth and Tilghman streets in Allentown to store and sell the plants, said state Attorney General Thomas Corbett.

His system included a partitioned basement where plants were moved from section to section as they matured, placed under grow lamps of differing heights and treated with special soils and growing materials to produce an unusually high-quality drug, Corbett said at a news conference Monday.

Pham, who lived in the Gateway North development off Schneck Road near Routes 309 and 873 with his wife and children, also had blowers to remove excess heat and odors from the basement, with vents running up through his attic and out the roof.

''This individual was working very hard, spending a lot of time, a lot of money,'' Corbett said.

''I would say this is the most significant growing operation I have seen in the seven years that I have been district attorney,'' said Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin, adding it is one of the most significant he has seen in the 30 years he has been involved in Lehigh County courts. ''We're talking about 1,200 pounds in three growth cycles. That's a lot.''

Pham was arrested Thursday, a week after agents from the attorney general's Bureau of Narcotics Investigation bought a pound of marijuana from him in Philadelphia.

He was charged with multiple felony counts of unlawful possession of marijuana, possession with intent to deliver, and manufacture of marijuana. He remains in Lehigh County prison on $500,000 bail.

Neither Corbett nor Martin would say if any other arrests are pending, but both said the investigation would continue. They also declined to comment on the extent of Pham's alleged distribution system or the geographic extent of his possible sales.

''I think it's reasonable to conclude it was pretty sophisticated,'' Martin said of the distribution system.

Pham purchased the North Whitehall Township home for $269,900 in August 2002.

Neighbors described him as a friendly man who apparently worked long hours. His home remained dark Monday night, with dark curtains covering all of the windows. A movable basketball hoop lay fallen in the front yard and an unfinished, in-ground swimming pool filled the back yard.

Neighbors Carl and Nicole Bowman said Pham greeted them warmly when they moved in shortly after the Phams, and he was always friendly when they would see each other outdoors.

''We just thought he worked 12, 13 hours a day,'' said Carl Bowman. ''I'd see him in the morning and not see him again till late at night.''

Nicole Bowman said Pham's younger children often played outside and enjoyed playing with the Bowmans' dogs.

Jodi Giaquinto, who lived two doors away on the one-block street, said she and her husband frequently would see Pham's children playing outside. The family was friendly, but they did not see much of them, she said. Neighbors were shocked by news of the arrest, she said.

Corbett and investigators say they do not know how long Pham allegedly was growing the pot, but they believe he completed at least three, three-month growth cycles.

State narcotics agents and Allentown police seized 50 pounds of marijuana in the basement of the nail salon and $30,000 in cash. The marijuana was packaged for sale in one-pound, vacuum-sealed bags.

Materials seized from his home included an additional 300 pounds of marijuana, 222 plants at least 2 feet high, 125 buckets filled with soil and stalks from previous plants, and $12,000 in lighting, electrical equipment and other growing supplies, authorities said.

They also seized $12,683 in cash and a business ledger that recorded Pham's alleged drug transactions, Corbett said.

Standing between one table piled high with 30 of the one-pound bags and another filled with 24, 2-foot plants, Corbett outlined the investigation that began March 17 and ended with Pham's arrest:

The first sale occurred in Philadelphia when Pham allegedly provided a pound of what authorities called very high-grade marijuana to agents from the attorney general's Bureau of Narcotics Investigation.

''He gave them a pound of marijuana to walk away with,'' Corbett said. adding the marijuana was valued at $2,400, about $800 to $900 more than marijuana imported from Mexico or South America. ''Obviously, he wasn't worried about the money.''

On March 26, Pham met the agents at a Whitehall Township doughnut shop and led them to the garage at 727 N. Sixth St., where he ran a business called Professional Nails. He gave the agents 26 pounds of marijuana with the understanding they would return with $62,400 within 24 hours, Corbett said.

His arrest came two weeks after Allentown police and federal Drug Enforcement Agency operatives broke an alleged heroin ring that did more than $4 million in business and brought in an estimated $140,000 a month.

Martin said there was no connection between the two, but acknowledged a continuing effort to crack down on drug trafficking in the region.

Though marijuana tends to get downplayed compared to harder drugs such as heroin, it still accounts for a significant portion of the prosecutor's caseload, Martin said.

''It's still a drug of choice, sure,'' the prosecutor said. ''We prosecute in our office about 1,200 drug cases a year, and probably 400 of them are marijuana offenses.''

Corbett said the attorney general's Drug Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section has begun legal proceedings to seize Pham's house, his nail salon property and two vehicles, including a Mercedes Benz Sedan and a Toyota SUV. The nail salon remained open and busy Monday evening, but an employee said no one would comment on the arrest.

joe.mcdermott@mcall.com

610-820-6653

--

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_5potmar29,0,7542389.story

--

I found the story

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can