Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
If god...
    #3992194 - 03/30/05 09:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

were simply a material creator of human life, like In the scenario we discussed in another thread, do we have a right to fight back if we got attacked with the intention of "judging"?
should we pick up all the F-16 we have and bring down those damn angels with trumpets, or should we be humble and pray we get marked and saved?

Or to put it like this..
If we made a new breed of chipms by sequencing DNA from scratch, or a breed of mechanical robots, would we have total command over them?
Would it be ethical to impose rules on them and killing them of if they didn't obey us? Should they fight back if we wanted to kill them all and make something else instead of them, even if every molecule of them was made by us?
Or is biblical god the worse tyrann ever?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: If god... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3992355 - 03/30/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

but god is not a material creator.. god.. or All-That-Is.. Creation.. is a spiritual creator. "It" created the material world in order to experience a different aspect of existence for which to further its evolution and gaining wisdom through experience. All of existence is Creation.

Now if we were talking of physical beings creating another race of intelligent life.. would not those physical beings be just another manifestation of God/Creation in the flesh? And thus subject to the same laws of the Universe?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: If god... [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3992412 - 03/30/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If hypothetically there was a Christian god, then:

Quote:

If we made a new breed of chipms by sequencing DNA from scratch, or a breed of mechanical robots, would we have total command over them?

No, because you're just altering what God has given you, you can't make anything from scratch. Just like making LSD, you need naturally occuring chemicals to make this beautiful synthetic one.

Quote:

Would it be ethical to impose rules on them and killing them of if they didn't obey us? Should they fight back if we wanted to kill them all and make something else instead of them, even if every molecule of them was made by us?

Ethics don't exist except in your subjective mind, and every molecule couldn't be made by us because we can't create anything that doesn't exist. So sure, if you wanted to, you could kill them. Hell, what's stopping you from killing anything God created right now, besides man's natural law? Surely God's not going to do anything if you go and cut someone's throat.

Quote:

Or is biblical god the worse tyrann ever?

If the Biblical god existed, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't. He seems too angry and hateful to allow us to exist as we have. Natural selection may use death to help the living, but it operates under no malice or spite, simply allowing trial and error to take its place over millions of years, and therefore seems to be a much more logical (and loving, ironically) force than the Christian god ever could be.

Unless you want to discount the Bible and view the Christian god from a Taoist sense, as many Christians try to do to swipe the rug out from under your feet in a debate, but if you're viewing the Christian god as an all-pervading loving force, why even bother referencing the Christian aspect? The last Christian that would even truely know such a force died on the cross anyway, after that God has been portrayed as torturing people for eternity while sending mindless conformists to some gardens above the clouds.

It's hard to talk about hypothetical scenarios based on complete bullshit anyway though. How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: If god... [Re: Ravus]
    #3992429 - 03/30/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Life is not this, this is the 'mirror', and we see not the 'reflection' of us, not our true self, but the 'mirror'.

This 'mirror' is our body, it is you an me!
---
erhm, ... i have not slept since i been sleeping.. :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology