Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
disinfecting casing containers
    #3991642 - 03/30/05 07:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I rarely ever get contaiminated casings (like 1 out of 100) but recently a pair of my straw casings both got contaminated (I think because my spawn I used was contaminated from being fully colonized and sitting in the incubator for too long afterwards, like 2-3 weeks) so I threw them out. I soaked the containers in an apx 40/60 bleach solution overnight and then wiped em down with alchohol after that. I figured I was in the clear. But now as I've reused these containers both of the casings that were in there got contaminated too. My kitchen is pretty messy but this is so rare and I used the same procedure I've done 1000s of times before so I'm positive this happened because of the containers.

What does anybody do in this situation? How do ya'all disinfect a contaminated plastic container?

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: disinfecting casing containers [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3991654 - 03/30/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would check my procedures because it may not be a problem coming from the containers

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3991663 - 03/30/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

How do ya'all disinfect a contaminated plastic container?

I put it in the bath tub and spray it generously with straight bleach. After letting it sit for an hour or so I rinse it off. This works well, but breathing bleach fumes can be painful. It's best to wear a filter mask.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: disinfecting casing containers [Re: dog]
    #3991715 - 03/30/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hell i just rub them out with alc.but my house is very clean ,you will see that it does really help when your clean,i can do spore prints in the open im that clean ,

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: disinfecting casing containers [Re: sludge]
    #3991853 - 03/30/05 08:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. I'm still confused as all my other casings done at the exact same time turned out fine. I think I'll just get off my ass and clean the kitchen really good and wipe the containers down double this time. Maybe spray straight bleach this time too.

Quote:

but my house is very clean ,you will see that it does really help when your clean,i can do spore prints in the open im that clean

my 1 bdrm. apartment is a total pit not to mention is home to a fleabag cat but in my multiple years of cult the only contam I'm really familiar with is due to too much water in spawn jars. A good disinfect spray of the kitchen always has worked 99% for me.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3991891 - 03/30/05 08:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Scrub the puppies out first & wipe dry.

Fill one mist bottle with white vinigar & abother with H202.

Doesnt matter which goes first. Spray one on, liberaly. Wait a minute, then spray the other on, liberaly. Allow to absorb 5 minutes. Wipe out with clean dry cloth, or paper towels & you are good to go.

Than method will kill e.coli, aids & about anything else.

--------------------

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: disinfecting casing containers [Re: agar]
    #3991929 - 03/30/05 08:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

uhhhhhh cat i hate cats there nasty as fuck,get rid of it lol just playin i dont like cats though ,no afence agar lol

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: disinfecting casing containers [Re: sludge]
    #3992470 - 03/30/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

where is the guy that has the website for cat recipies in his signature when you need him

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation