Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower
    #3991438 - 03/30/05 06:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hey all,
im planning on growing again but now i live with my gf who wouldnt approve.( i know someone is going to warn me against the legalities involved but ive read about that often enough so u could save the energy in that.) i wanted to set something up where i could just let them grow without checking on them 3 times a day for fanning or misting. the pmp is an easier set up for me but im concerned about the noise it makes with the air pump. she never comes in my office room but just in case she does i wouldnt know what to say the noise is and putting fish or some other pet in the room would raise an eyebrow too(she'ld be like"why not put them down stairs where people would actually see them?)
is the martha quieter? if i do go with the pmp could i set the air pump on a timer to be off for a few hours a day so as not to make noise during the most possible time of day that she might happen to come in? would that be bad on the shrooms? im wondering if i put the pmp in my closet if that would muffle the noise more and maybe even make it unoticeable.
well any input from u guys would be appreciated. thx.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

Re: which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower [Re: Shnezbit]
    #3991561 - 03/30/05 07:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say it depends on what kind of air pump you're using for the PMP or which humidifiers you have f a martha. I have 2 humidifiers for my martha and it's sure not very quiet. Plus marthas are a little harder to hide... I mean you have a big humidity closet with octopus arms connecting to small machines. Of corse I have had people dumb enough to beleive that I use it to keep my "fruits" and vegetables fresh. :lol:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower [Re: Clozedeyez20]
    #3991582 - 03/30/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Is it for personal use?

The 3-liter bottle method would give you low yields, But, it'd be good enough for you...kinda lol..

Personally, tripping w/ friend :thumbup:

I use a PmP...Yea, it's rather loud, water bubbles up through the geo-lite rocks and makes some noise, think of a reason that something would be making that noise and you'll be set :thumbup:
Or you could grow elsewhere? A good friend perhaps?

GL

-Gnostic

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3991601 - 03/30/05 07:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the fish tank pump isn't loud at all. And if it is run a search of the posts for ideas about making them quieter.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower [Re: LethalX5]
    #3991666 - 03/30/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah a tank pump in a closet is pretty quiet and discreet. That way you can have a dozen or so cakes to keep ya flying whenever you want. Wrap it in a towel, that helped me when I had a fish tank in my bedroom. Your gonna have more trouble drying the little guys out discreetly I think.

I actually would suggest getting a new gf with an open mind but thats for a different forum...

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: which is quieter martha or pmp?/covert grower [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3997113 - 03/31/05 09:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

gnostic: im growing for my self and a friend but i want to go for bulk this time so i dont have to do it again for a while. thinking seriously about go with the horse poo tek and a few cakes too.

lethalx5: i think im probably gonna go with a pmp. as far as fish tank pumps go i have seen them but arnt they water pumps? dont i want an air pump? i dont know much about keeping fish so im wondering if they use air pumps?

dirtmcgirt: yea im probably gonna put the pmp in the closet. im not worried so much about drying cause i was dealing with that when we first moved in and i was finishing my second grow. i managed to put them in a desicant chamber until i new she would be gone for several hours(like work) then ild throw them in my dehydrator for like 12hours at about 112(no loss of potency noticed at that temp). as far as the gf goes shes pretty awesome, taking mushrooms wouldnt be much fun knowing shes not in my life. this issue is just one of the few negatives in our relationship so in my judgement its not worth breaking up so i can grow mushrooms. i do believe i could do it and get away with it. i did it b4 for almost 3 months when we first moved in. im hoping after this next time i will grow enough not to need to do it again for a while, thats why i wanna go for the bulk this time.

i can see that with a pmp u dont need to fan but is it true u dont need to mist also? thats hard to believe.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation