Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMych
Stranger

foil used for injection contam seal... how much air is needed?
    #3991200 - 03/30/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I know this type of use for foil isnt new, but i need to know how much air exchange is needed here after injecting the spores so i will describe my method:

The plan is to put 2 layers of foil on the jar, screw the lid (with pre punched holes) over the top but leave it about 1/2 a turn loose for air exchange in the pressure cooker (foil resting over the top of the lid just for a drip shiled in the cooker). Then when they cool down to room temp you can tighten the lids all the way.

when its time to inject you will be poking really small holes into the foil to reduce contamination. after you are done injecting you loosen the lid a bit, then slightly rotate the top layer of foil so that the holes are offset and basically closed up. Tighten the lid and let it go!

now i am guessing that the humidity will cause the 2 layers of foil to adhere and basically cause the whole thing to seal up... is this bad? do i need SOME air exchange? a dry layer of vermic will be on the top as an extra filter as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: foil used for injection contam seal... how much air is needed? [Re: Mych]
    #3991291 - 03/30/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

It sounds like you're using the pf tek. Best to follow it to the letter and not try to re-invent it. You need gas(not air) exchange during colonization. Don't do anything to seal your jar.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

Re: foil used for injection contam seal... how much air is needed? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3991308 - 03/30/05 04:21 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

a little confused... can i just put the jars in the incubator covered up with just a towel?? does it have to be sealed 100% in the incubator?? and u mention something about NOT sealing your jars---
so do i seal them half way?, the whole way? just use foil as cover?? for air exchange?? or what...

--------------------
live & enjooooooooooooooooy

OfflineMych
Stranger

Re: foil used for injection contam seal... how much air is needed? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3991354 - 03/30/05 04:30 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It sounds like you're using the pf tek. Best to follow it to the letter and not try to re-invent it. You need gas(not air) exchange during colonization. Don't do anything to seal your jar.
RR

ive never done any yet actually. just drafting some ideas before the start. the foil placement and use confuses me a bit. is foil used just over the top of the jar when sterlizing to prevent water from getting in, or is there one layer of foil between the jar and the lid similar to what i described.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: foil used for injection contam seal... how much air is needed? [Re: Mych]
    #3991387 - 03/30/05 04:35 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

there is not a layer of foil between the jar and the lid

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract