Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTacobot
oppo
Loc: GA
Lucid Dreaming
    #3981525 - 03/28/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

i've heard of people being able to put themselves into a state of lucid dreaming. I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this, it sounds fun.
I think the closest i've gotten to it is falling asleep in class and dreaming that i got up and did random wierd dreamy things that i thought were real, then waking up and saying "woah" and wondering how i got back in my seat...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Tacobot]
    #3981925 - 03/28/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Lucid

Lucid Dreaming ... I'm speechless.. some day..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #3982380 - 03/28/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

There are some things we can't do in dreams

1) Read written words.  If you read a sentence, then re-read it, it will change.

2) Tell time. It it either changes while you're looking at it, or it will appear unplugged.

If you test yourself through the day by looking at a watch or something written on your hand, it will eventually carry over.

LaBarge developed many techniques for inducing these, NASA gave him a grant to make a psychadelic that would place people in dream time.  He eventually discovered naps.

The tricky part is not to get too excited when ya figure it out :wink:

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #3982555 - 03/28/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Get in the habit of checking whether you're in a dream (pinch yourself, try to fly, fiddle with a light switch, etc) regularly on certain common cues (whenever you eat something, whenever you go to the bathroom). Once you make it a habit, you will begin doing it while you are dreaming.

Keep a dream journal, and write your dreams in it immediately after waking; this will greatly improve your dream recall.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: TinTree]
    #3983747 - 03/29/05 01:26 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

go to www.ld4all.com and check it out. I learned how from reading those boards.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3985906 - 03/29/05 02:59 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Watch the movie "Waking Life" it's about lucid dreams, life, and conciousness.

Edit: I just realized I posted this in another topic about dreams... none the less great movie.

--------------------

InvisibleveggieM

#3986161 - 03/29/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

You may want to check out Lar's Lucid Dreaming Faq and if you are a usenet user try alt.dreams.lucid as well.

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #3990914 - 03/30/05 02:50 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

psyc yourself into sleep
concentrate but let go of expectation
Remeber to forget who you are!

Next time I make the trip in, I'll attempt to create a mirror, and step through it.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: signoffate]
    #3991089 - 03/30/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

try to fly this is what I do whenever I can see far into the distance, or if I am around very tall trees. It works well for me. I'll have maybe 2-3 lucid dreams in a week in which I can fly or jump around the city. Playing morrowind with a character that can levitate and jump really far has added to the realism of my jumping/flying dreams.

--------------------

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3992984 - 03/30/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

breath underwater, take a trip to the moon, lift a tree out of the ground, or float like Magus(from crono trigger)

these are all fun to try, but in every lucid dream that I have found myself in... never have I tried to break though the looking glass.

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: signoffate]
    #3997475 - 03/31/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I've tried flying but could never do it, then again times I didn't try I did out of nowhere.

--------------------

OfflineReal_Poopypants
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Surrey, B.C.
    #3998223 - 03/31/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 1 day ago)

Last summer, I had my first lucid dream. It was the wierdest feeling I have ever had and it's so hard to explain, but I'll try.

I had woke up one morning to answer the phone and then went back to bed - I always have the best dreams when I'm falling back to sleep. I remember feeling like I was just lying in bed staring at the cieling, but things in my room were out of place. My bed, for example, was on the wrong side of the room. It didn't seem too odd at the time though. I tried to get out of bed. All I could do was roll my body back and forth, until finally it felt like I had fallen off the edge of the bed. I heard a cracking noise as I was falling. I have read a lot of reports of lucid dreaming and out of body experiences where the person had heard the same cracking noise just before they left thier body. Suddenly I was transported out of my room into bright daylight. I felt like my arms were flapping, like I was trying to fly and I could hear a buzzing sound. I was looking through eyes that had hundreds of lenses, like a fly or a bee. The view was from our patio. I could see the barbecue to my left. I could see my backyard very clearly - my dog lying in the grass; my dad walking down the driveway to the garage; the trees waving in the breeze. This vision only lasted a few seconds and then I was back in my body; wide awake and thinking "what the fuck was that??".

A couple of days ago I had the same sort of experience, but it was much shorter and I didn't leave my body. I was just lying in my bed wondering how I could see things in my room when I was fast asleep. I'd like to know how these things happen so I can make them happen when I want. It's so cool.

--------------------
Salvia Experiences:

First Time With Salvia

A Visit With The Queen

Mushroom Experiences:

My first mushroom trip changed my life.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: Lucid Dreaming *DELETED* [Re: Real_Poopypants]
    #4014336 - 04/04/05 08:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #4034007 - 04/09/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce is, for lucid dreamers, the equivalent of the PF Tek for growers.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: TinTree]
    #4038249 - 04/10/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TinTree said:
Keep a dream journal, and write your dreams in it immediately after waking; this will greatly improve your dream recall.

this is one of the big things that helped me to learn to lucid dream

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinehuxmush
Wanderer

Loc: Australia
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4040461 - 04/11/05 10:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
Quote:

TinTree said:

this is one of the big things that helped me to learn to lucid dream

I'll definitely agree with this. The dream journal gets you into a pattern of behaviour where you place importance on remembering your dreams. You may already in fact have had lucid dreams, but not recalled them.

Additionally, something else that helps is thinking about your intent to have a lucid dream (or at least to recall dreams when you normally don't) as the last thing you do at night before you fall asleep. Until recently I hadn't kept a journal / remembered many dreams at all. The other night I decided I was going to start dream journaling again. I went to sleep with that intent and remembered 5 distinct dreams in varying levels of detail the next morning, which is way better than normal for me.

As other people have said, check out Lars's dreaming faq, Stephen LaBerges Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming books, websites on so on.

Once you can become lucid, the next step is learning to retain the lucidity without either forgetting you're lucid, or over-exciting yourself and waking yourself up.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: huxmush]
    #4053979 - 04/14/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

if you smoke weed, you might wanna stop as ive heard that this hurts your ability to dream at night.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: guri]
    #4055390 - 04/14/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The other night I was conscious of my entire sleep process. It was just like it is described in Tibetan Tantric texts. My body felt a surge of heaviness, became paralyzed and dissolved from the extremities inward, and I heard a sound like howling wind. In Tibetan Buddhism they say this is the experience of the inner energy winds collapsing into the subtle mind.

I found myself in a dark place like deep under the ocean, or in a dark tunnel. I felt the deeper I went the calmer and clearer my mind felt. I though that this was like the storehouse of my mind, like the backstage place where my unconscious is stored.

As I heard in Tantric writtings the most important part of this technique is to experience the Clear Light of Sleep. I looked around for this light, but soon I found myself in a dream. I got up from my bed and walked right through my window. I started flying around the street, all completely aware I was asleep. After awhile I drifted into a more normal dream, but when I woke it I just remember thinking: am I awake? I am awake! It was weird. Very little transition.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom