Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Subject: Banning Sales of Food Supplements Worldwide
If we don't act now, we have no right to complain afterwards. Please act now!!!
Please read the very important health message below and contact everyone you can think of.
Your right to choose your vitamin, mineral and other supplements may end in June of this year (2005). After that U.S. supplements will be defined and controlled by the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). The CODEX ALIMENTARIUS (Food Code) is setting the supplement standards for all countries in the WTO. They will be enforced by the WTO and will override U.S. laws. The U.S. President and Congress agreed to this take-over when the WTO Treaty was signed. Violations are punished by WTO trade sanctions. CODEX drastically restricts vitamins, minerals, herbs and other food supplements. CODEX met secretly in November, 2004 and finalized "Step 8 (the final stage)" to begin implementation in June '05.
The CODE includes:
(1) No supplement can be sold for preventive or therapeutic use.
(2) Any potency higher than RDA (minimal strength) is a "drug" requiring a prescription and must be produced by drug companies. Over 5000 safe items now in health stores will be banned, terminating health stores as we now know them.
(3) CODEX regulations become binding internationally.
(4) New supplements are banned unless given very expensive CODEX testing and approval.
CODEX now applies to Norway and Germany, among others, where zinc tablets rose from $4 per bottle to $52. Echinacea (an ancient immune-enhancement herb) rose from $14 to $153 (both examples are now allowed by prescription only). They are now "drugs!" Vitamin C above 200 mg, niacin above 32 mg, vitamin B6 above 4 mg -all are banned over-the-counter as drugs. No essential amino acids (arginine, lysine (used effectively for fever blisters), carnitine, L-Tryptophan (used effectively for eliminating depression), GABA (used effectively for eliminating anxiety), etc., Essential Fatty Acids (omegas 3, 6, 9, etc.), or other essential supplements such as DMAE, DHEA, CoQ10, MSM, beta-carotene, etc. are not allowed!
The CODEX rules are not based on real science. They are made by a few people meeting in secret (see web sites below), not necessarily scientists. In 1993 the FDA and drug corporations tried to put all supplements under restriction and prescription. But over 4 million Americans told Congress and the President to protect their freedom of choice on health supplements. The DSHEA Law was passed in 1994, which does so. But this will be over ruled by CODEX and the World Trade Organization!
Virtually nothing about it has been in the media. What the drug corporations have failed to do through Congress they have gotten by sneak attack through CODEX with the help of a silent media. What can be done at this late hour?
(2) Oppose bills S.722 and H.R.3377. These support the CODEX restrictions with U.S. laws, changing the DSHEA law.
(3) Support H. R.1146 which would restore the sovereignty of the U.S. Constitution over CODEX, etc.
(4) Express your wishes to the President, Senators and Representatives (They got us into this!) ASAP.
(5) Contact multi-level health marketing groups that can get their members to inform the government.
(6) Contact the British Alliance for Natural Health (see Web site above). It has succeeded in challenging the CODEX directives in World Court and will appear in court again later this month or next. They need help financially, having carried the fight effectively for everyone. CODEX and the FDA wish to "protect" us by controlling supplements in the same way they do prescription drugs. A study of the latter by three medical scientists was reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association, April 15, 1998 -Vol. 279, No. 15, p. 1200: "Incidence of Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR's) was found to be extremely high." Covering 30 years (1966 to 1996) it was found that in the U.S. an average of 106,000 hospitalized patients per year (290 per day!!) DIE from ADR's and 2,200,000 need more hospitalization for recovery! These were FDA approved drugs, properly administered by competent professionals in hospitals--none were considered malpractice. This is the number four cause of dea! th in the U.S. When combined, these account for 7% of all hospitalized patients. This is equivalent to a 9-11 attack every ten days. There are very few fatalities from supplements or the news would be on every front page. There is no need for more FDA control of supplements than is already in place, which is substantial. Instead of drastically restricting supplements, why doesn't the FDA better control, restrict the extremely dangerous pharmaceutical drugs and require double-blind studies of multiple Px interactions which are now killing us at the rate of a major airline crash per day?
Wallace G. Heath, Ph.D. 1145 Marine Drive Bellingham, WA 98225
Do a LYCOS search for "codex alimentarius" and read all you can . . . . This thing is REALLY, R E A L L Y BAD !
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." [Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government]
For Liberty in Our Lifetime, R.J. Tavel, J.D., Founder
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Magash, karode13, naum, Mostly_Harmless 511 topic views. 7 members, 21 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]