Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Our Responsibility
    #3984846 - 03/29/05 11:05 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

To change the world, we need to start with ourselves; and as we do this, what counts is our intention.
Our intention should be to truely understand ourselves, and not to leave it to others to transform or provoke an exterior modification by means of a left wing or right wing revolution.
It is important to understand that this is our responsiiblity, yours and mine, because, as small as the world might be, if we can transform ourselves, if we can introduce a radically different point of view in our everyday life, maybe then could we affect the world in a broader way, in the extension of our relations to others.

:wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Our Responsibility [Re: exclusive58]
    #3984870 - 03/29/05 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Yes  :thumbup:  Thanks for the reminder :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Our Responsibility [Re: egghead1]
    #3984877 - 03/29/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

hey, thank YOU! you reminded me first :wink:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3984881 - 03/29/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Cause and Effect :grin:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3984896 - 03/29/05 11:20 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

hehe, yup, and its a whole big positive chain reaction of cause and effect that i'm trying to (re)start here.

wouldn't it suck to die thinking that you've never puposely influenced the world in a positive manner?

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3984914 - 03/29/05 11:26 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Yep, thats what that film 'About Schmit' was all about. I know i have made some difference, but its not a fraction of the difference i want to make. But at least i make the wishes to do so  :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3984969 - 03/29/05 11:44 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

"We must become the change we want to see." ~Ghandi

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #3988595 - 03/30/05 12:46 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

To fly like a dove of peace, it takes two wings, this is true....
To remain "unstaind" with a prayer, a gift from GOD for you, and me too....  :heart:

:egg:, sometimes, Effect IS the Cause....  :wink:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3988683 - 03/30/05 01:16 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

but its not a fraction of the difference i want to make. But at least i make the wishes to do so

This is yet another subtle ego trap.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Our Responsibility [Re: Swami]
    #3988979 - 03/30/05 03:39 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yes that is very true. But wishing to be free of ego so that i may have the capacity to help more people gives me the determenation and perserverance to continue to try to do so. Without this wish i can never be free from the processes of striving for personal happiness which is 'ego'. Selfess wishes help reduce the 'ego' and open the heart..... :heart:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3989106 - 03/30/05 06:04 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

the attention is allowed to drift
then you bring it back.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #3989499 - 03/30/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said: But wishing to be free of ego so that i may have the capacity to help more people gives me the determenation and perserverance to continue to try to do so. Without this wish i can never be free from the processes of striving for personal happiness which is 'ego'. Selfess wishes help reduce the 'ego' and open the heart..... :heart:

Nice thoughts I guess, not my exact experience though. I don't think you can be free of ego and be alive on this planet. IMO a healthy relaxed ego is not a problem for spiritual work. (maybe that's what you meant).

I think personal striving for happiness is also part of the human experience and cannot be avoided. If you know what truly brings you happiness I don't think you can do any harm and you will also serve the world. Maybe that's what you meant also.

The only reason I bring this up is I have watched so many people beat themselves unecessarily over the fact that they are not perfect egoless selfless people. Which in my experience is quite impossible. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Our Responsibility [Re: Icelander]
    #3989552 - 03/30/05 09:42 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yes you can be egoless and still be alive on this planet. The whole point in 'spiritual work' is to remove the processes of 'ego' that obscure our basic happiness. The processes of ego are pointless because we are searching for what we already have, how can we be happy in a situation like that, we are like beggars who are unaware that we are sitting on golden stools. The processes of ego cannot and should not be avoided, they should be observed without judgment for what they are, freeing ourselves from these processes is not a n entirely painless process but it requires humility, perseverance and compassion for ourselves as well as others who are also in the same sinking boat.

Beating oneself up is also a pointless activity because that just brings more pain and suffering upon ourselves, we all have these processes in our minds, its no use trying to combat them with aggressive maneuvers or trying to hide from them with defensive maneuvers, because these actions of attacking and defending are also the processes of 'ego'.

Perhaps if you have some time, you could look at two of my old threads about ego and egolessness:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3943675
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3943767

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (03/30/05 10:25 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3989646 - 03/30/05 10:15 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

is this a good time to call in the cowboy?
or are you gonna lassoo that heiffer on your own.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Our Responsibility [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3989690 - 03/30/05 10:29 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

She's all yours cowboy, i already lassoed me a heifer this morinin. Im still cleanin her out ma teeth with a toothpick :cow:  :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3989872 - 03/30/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah... I agree, but too many focus solely on their own improvement that by the end of their time, they've accomplished nothing as far as the greater picture is concerned.

How about it is our responsibility to get off our own collective asses and do something that is beneficial to not only ourselves, but also to others?

:lol: It won't happen, too many people are concerned with talking about issues rather then having the motivation to effect a situation.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #3989879 - 03/30/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Yes you can be egoless and still be alive on this planet.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Show me one person! I haven't met one. Yet I do know of at least two friends who have very healthy egos, who live often in a state of bliss. At times they act in a most enlightened fashion.

To me an ego is just one of the aspects of the human form that is dreaming. To negotiate this reality dream state an ego is essential.
I believe it is often the ego structure that preserves the life of a child who is being abused inside the matrix structure of culture, and preserves the self until future spiritual evolution is possible.

The ego is intended to be a broad minded guardian of the psychosocial and emotional self. It often turns into a despotic guard because it can't let go of its unhealthy role as savior of psyche of the young child. It lives in the same fear survivor mode that it did when it preformed it's life saving role in youth. If healing takes place through the surrender of the death experience :mushroom2:. The ego can become a healthy guardian and not inter fear with spiritual growth.

We are all self serving and that is self evident. That is unconditional love for the self. When the self is living love, it serves itself by also serving others.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3989894 - 03/30/05 11:36 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Can we rid ourselves of all this ego shit please?

/shows an ego

The ego isn't the issue, it's what motivates the ego, hence what motivates the individual as a unified self including the ego.

It'd be much better to speak in terms of what motivates an ego, rather then ridding ourselves of an ego... that's asking someone to lose all subjectivity essentially, and to think like a computer... which is an impossibility.

Not so much an impossibility, but it seems as if many are in worship of those with similar psychological disorders of Asperger's syndrome, for it has the "ego-loss" traits as per the diagnosis of the disorder.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3989965 - 03/30/05 11:51 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

You obviously didnt click on the links and read my post on ego and egolessness. If you did then you wouldnt be arguing with your own idea or interpreation of 'ego' becuase we each have our own confused opinions of what 'ego' is. Perhaps now you should take a look at those links now and then comment becuase i dont wish to repeat myself.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Our Responsibility [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3989989 - 03/30/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Yeah... I agree, but too many focus solely on their own improvement that by the end of their time, they've accomplished nothing as far as the greater picture is concerned.

How about it is our responsibility to get off our own collective asses and do something that is beneficial to not only ourselves, but also to others?

Well, the thing that you missed that i was trying to get through to you is that by helping yourself, you are helping others. By improving yourself, you are improving the world, and that's as big as the picture gets  :smirk:

"To change yourself is to change the world, because the "I" is at the same time the product and an integral part of the total process of human existence."
-Krishnamurti

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order