Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMasterZen
Stranger
help me
    #3988865 - 03/30/05 04:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ok so before i go and case my substrate i need a few more qeustions answered. for one do the casings need to be incubated at the optimal tempature before birthing or will it just slightly slow the proccess just like the pf jar colonization?
is it bad to case in a foil baking tray and cover with tinfoil?....it think i saw a guy say soemthing about it being a bad idea.

if i was to colonize the casings layer at temps around 70-72 degrees when should i check for mycelial growth?is it bad to check for mycelial growth to freqeuntly?should i make all efforts to make sure it sees as little light as possible when i open to check?with the 60/40 verm/cocoa coir casing mixture, does it need to be nuetralized or altered in ph like the peat and verm mix mixture? and finally how much do casings increase yeild in comparison to pf cakes?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: help me [Re: MasterZen]
    #3988884 - 03/30/05 04:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the temperature helps speed the casing colonization rate, but it wont ruin ur casing if the temps arent at 85 for colonization. 70-72 degrees is a little low but it will work. dont let the temp go into the 60's because the growth may stall which can make the whole thing go fubar. after casing it let it colonize for a good 4-5 days before checking it. frequently checking increases the chances for contams, however can sometimes increase gas exchange which helps speed colonization. just check it once every 4 days until u see patches of mycilium starting to bust thru the casing layer. once these white fibers are noticable start fruiting it. the ph can help, but is not necessary. i never balanced the ph in any of my casing layers.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation