Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMachmood
Stranger
ulra sonic for martha
    #3986029 - 03/29/05 03:45 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

i just bought a 2.0 gallon ultra sonic that i am going to hook up to my martha but it seems exremly week(hole is only about 1 1/2 inches) will it make it through a tube n into my martha, and can i just put it directly into the martha or is this a bad idea??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: ulra sonic for martha *DELETED* [Re: Machmood]
    #3986103 - 03/29/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: xxx

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: poboy]
    #3986137 - 03/29/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

poboy said:
I would use a hose.It will make it into your martha like a mofo.You will have to turn it way down and put it on a timer.A good place to start is on for 10 min every 2 hours.Ihope this helps.Poboy

Not knocking your advice.

But, toilet flush simple is always best.  :wink:

Just place unit inside the Martha, on top shelf.

No odd connections, hoses, pipes or holes to fool with. Hoses & pipes are wonderfull place for contam's to find a foothold & flourish. Hard to clean out pipes or hose - also.

Easy to clean unit, if free standing.

What you will find is. Timer is the bitch, as digital with minute/hours settings start around $80.

If you are around. You can simply plug in, or unplug the hummer, to start/stop it. If not, timer is a must.

You want to pipe coolmist in, as besides RH, it provides fresh air exchange. Keep pipe or tubing easy & simple to take apart. Otherwise, you cannot clean them out - easy - either.

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: agar]
    #3986710 - 03/29/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Agar, what's up? I saw on here that someone got a 24 hr timer at Lowe's, took a gear out and now it runs a 24 hour cycle in two hours. That would be perfect. If anyone knows about this, please PM me.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: HippieChick]
    #3986738 - 03/29/05 07:08 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

HippieChick said:
I saw on here that someone got a 24 hr timer at Lowe's, took a gear out and now it runs a 24 hour cycle in two hours. That would be perfect.

I'd like to hear more about this timer as well please :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: agar]
    #3986851 - 03/29/05 07:32 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

agar said:
Quote:

poboy said:
I would use a hose.It will make it into your martha like a mofo.You will have to turn it way down and put it on a timer.A good place to start is on for 10 min every 2 hours.Ihope this helps.Poboy

No odd connections, hoses, pipes or holes to fool with. Hoses & pipes are wonderfull place for contam's to find a foothold & flourish. Hard to clean out pipes or hose - also.

What you will find is. Timer is the bitch, as digital with minute/hours settings start around $80.

If you are around. You can simply plug in, or unplug the hummer, to start/stop it. If not, timer is a must.

You want to pipe coolmist in, as besides RH, it provides fresh air exchange. Keep pipe or tubing easy & simple to take apart. Otherwise, you cannot clean them out - easy - either.

not to knock your advice agar , but the manual says not to run the unit in over 60-70% humidity, so unless you port the air intake to the outside, i dont think running it in 90% is good for the life/function of the unit

and you can get a digital 24 setting a day timer for ~24.99

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: fresh313]
    #3986912 - 03/29/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

No pissing match meant :wink: on which is a better way.

Ponder this................

Does everyone in the Martha world have the same exact ultrasonic unit - you have?

They vary.....for sure  :wink:

I use a FOGGER, which is submerged in water & auto/shuts off if container goes dry.

Quote:

fresh313 said:
Quote:

agar said:
Quote:

poboy said:

not to knock your advice agar , but the manual says not to run the unit in over 60-70% humidity, so unless you port the air intake to the outside, i dont think running it in 90% is good for the life/function of the unit

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: HippieChick]
    #3987003 - 03/29/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Little timers are tough to alter, without breaking them.

Check thrift stores for cheap old school pin insert off/on type timers.

They usualy have two sets (4) pins in them. BUT, you can insert many - many pins in --- anywhere on timing circle.

If you happen to find exta pins in other like timers, get a few (wink).

Can insert side by side = off/on for 1/2 hour in........2 - 4 - 6 - 12 hour cycles apart with enough pins.

--------------------

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: Machmood]
    #3987075 - 03/29/05 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Ok, leave the ultrasonic outside the unit and pipe it in. Wanna clean the hoses is easy tie some string to a nail drop in the hose pull it all the way threw then tie the other end to s sponge and pull it threw the hose and your done. Put the ultrasonic inside and your gonna fuck up the built in fan it it. They are not meant to run in a overly humid environment or you wouldn't need it in the first place.

Put the inlet for the ultrasonic just under the inlet for the cool mist that way the fog drops into the cool mist airflow and mixes way way way better then if you didn't.

Oh yeah, home depot and lowes sell the intermatic timer that turns off and on 14 times a day and you can set it to run for just one minute if ya want. $23.00

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: ulra sonic for martha *DELETED* [Re: agar]
    #3987144 - 03/29/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: xxx

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: Magash]
    #3987305 - 03/29/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Just found the timer you are talking about @ HomeDepot site.. :thumbup:

Wow..... agar is differing with the big boys now  :tongue: All in good faith & spirits....... :tongue2:

Ultrasonics with a built in HUMIDISTAT don't work well inside a Martha. As, you are so far into the high end of the humidistat range, it will shut itself OFF

Most modern fan motors have lifetime sealed bearings & high humidity will not affect them.

What will most often  :eek:F/U :mad2: is printed electronic circuit boards, or digital controls. As they will often short out, if they get moist.

My foaf  :rolleyes:~cough~ :rolleyes: used a very large "manual" setting ultrasonic inside a positive pressure fruiting chamber that measured 8X8X12 ft for a full year, without a problem & r/h was about 82/84 % .......constant (except when timed micron filtered air exchange fan kicked on).

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3987323 - 03/29/05 08:43 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3987418 - 03/29/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinemushroommark
Earning mybluethumb

Re: ulra sonic for martha [Re: hyphae]
    #3987955 - 03/29/05 10:12 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I love this discussion cause I was about to post something in the next couple days about some good timers.  after I did a search of course :wink:

especially with all these "big names" chimin in!  Please guys keep at it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix