Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
falling to sleep
    #3986768 - 03/29/05 09:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

again some of my neverending sleep anomalies..

has anyone every experienced this?:

Sometimes when I and falling to sleep, images start flying through my head, even though I am half-aware that I am trying to fall to sleep, so it's not regular dreaming. Usually these images are like thoughts and visualisations, nothing strange about that, but sometimes these images change into something more than visualisations:
Imagine like watching TV, and suddenly the image flies out of the screen and becomes real.
Well its like that, the hollow usual visualisations change for moments into actual visual images that I can actually see. With actual colors and detail, and that's when I'm still half conscious.
As if someone is projecting a film print on the back of my eyelids.
Sometimes I can do that on purpuse, it feels lind of cool.

Anyone had such an experience?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: falling to sleep [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3986783 - 03/29/05 09:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't remember my dreams.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3986805 - 03/29/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ya

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: falling to sleep [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3986806 - 03/29/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No these are not dreams, they are pre-sleep thoughts

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3986810 - 03/29/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

turn back when its still possible :P forget about it.. move on! hahahha

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3986844 - 03/29/05 09:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Still no, I'm barely conscious at all... Insomnia to the point that you pass out will do that to ya. :tongue:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3986858 - 03/29/05 09:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They are called hypnagogic imagery, and it is very normal.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (03/29/05 09:43 PM)

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: falling to sleep [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3986870 - 03/29/05 09:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Never heard of those, cool
I wish I could summon them any time anywhere

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3986881 - 03/29/05 09:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You can assuming you are willing to lay down and try dozing off where ever you are standing at the moment.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3986899 - 03/29/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I guess you're talking about hynagogic imagery? It can be pretty trippy when you're still awake enough to process it consciously.

I'm a bit fascinated with some experiences I've had with hynagogic scenery. One of them is a recurring thing. I will be falling alseep and sudden experience a scene or idea or that seems sooo familiar to me at the time. I'll be thinking, "yeah I remember that..." Then all of a sudden I snap back awake and realize what I was just thinking about isn't familiar at all to my conscious mind. I'll realize it was a thought that I never ever had while awake. And yet the thought, to my subconscious, felt nostalgic and familiar. To me this indicates there is much more to the subconscious and memory then we realize. It's like we have totally different lives that we live while we sleep at night...

I have a theory that goes along with this as well. I take consciousness and the soul to be synonymous. Thus the subconscious memories in dreams may be portions of past/future/simultaneous lives that we are experiencing and this is why they sometimes seem sooo familiar to us while dreaming, yet while awake they seem very random or odd and we can't make any sense of them.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: falling to sleep [Re: moog]
    #3986982 - 03/29/05 09:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Coolness guys. Its been happening to me a lot the last few weeks. i didn't know it had a name. I am still pretty darn awake when it happens. Its like finding yourself in a movie someone else produced. My eyes can still be open sometimes when I slip into the scene and start to feel myself moving it in. like you said moog, many feel like guided journeys through places I have been before in another place and time.

I love it when it happens. It's not like lucid dreaming either where you become conscious that you are dreaming and then can control the dream and do whatever you want. This is like being conscious in an actual place where I can't just make shit appear or change the scape like in a lucid dream. Even weirder, I don't have control over my movement in it. Something is pulling me through the scenery and I am usually moving very fast. I am just an observer in these.

Now I want to google this. My theory on it matches yours moog. One of them was through the underground chambers of a very ancient building and I felt like I had been there before in another place and time. I cold feel the cold dampness and even smell the mustiness of these chambers while I was still awake in my own bed. That one I got pulled out of because my daughter came in to ask me something. I was bit bummed cuz I felt like I was being hurried to be shown something I needed to see and never got to.

Off to google! Thanks for all the info guys! :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: falling to sleep [Re: moog]
    #3986999 - 03/29/05 09:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have these flashbacks too, but they are not connected with such imagery I was talking about here.

The flashbacks usually happen to me in the middle of the day, I've described it some time ago in one thread.
Just like you said, It feels like: "yea, I remember that" and it brings emotions and the sensation of discovery, but when I try to trace it to some specific memory, there is nothing there, it's like some could that just dissapears and spreads into air.

another similar thing is when I walk on the street and see some scenery and images and I remember them, and I feel strong nostalgia and longing, but I've never been there nor have seem that place.
Sometimes, not just scenery, but scenarios come to my mind, like
one time I was passing by some house that was actually a kindergarden for retarded kids, and it hit me, like I've been one of the kids living there, nostalgic feelings and images come to my mind, very strong.

I don't know how to explain that since I think I don't really believe in reincarnation.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3987023 - 03/29/05 10:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have had many, many flashback LSD experiences. Contrary to the scare monger garbage you hear about them, they are very peaceful contented moments that go deep into one's emotions. Moments of deja-vu beauty...

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3987066 - 03/29/05 10:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I try to avoid drugs because a lot of the things people describe about shrooms, LSD and weed, I have somehow experienced with my own internal drugs, so I think, I'd rather do everything the "natural" way since I have been given a chance.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: falling to sleep [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3987067 - 03/29/05 10:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just breezed through about 3 sites on hypnogogic imagery. It's not the same as "thinking about" and is described as a stage between sleep and wake fullness. I read that smells and sounds are experienced in them and much more but this is definitely what I have been experiencing lately.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: falling to sleep [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3987147 - 03/29/05 10:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

EDIT SECOND TIME SHIT DAMN LOL

Anyway.

The LSD flashback dejavu thing really really really really really scared the living shit out of me. For hours.

Why was I so afraid?

Why am I still afraid? This happened a few days ago, when I ate the millenium hofmans:P

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Edited by slaphappy (03/29/05 10:20 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3987171 - 03/29/05 10:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OldWoodSpecter:
I have had at least over 500 entheogenic experiences. Probably closer to 800. These days they are very rare. Even though it has been about 8 years since my last LSD experience I still have occasional flashbacks. The drug/no-drug preference is just that...a preference, not a moral issue. Too many drugs though is definitely bad.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3989101 - 03/30/05 07:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the hypnogogic and synaesthetic are the simmilar
elongating the fading of moments or impressions into time spans or processing areas (of the brain) that they normally do not reach.

falling into dreamland will elongate moments
using entheogen will elongate moments.

each fragment of experience and or thought when elongated and merged with other elongating moments becomes something substantial and different.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3989615 - 03/30/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
OldWoodSpecter:
I have had at least over 500 entheogenic experiences. Probably closer to 800. These days they are very rare. Even though it has been about 8 years since my last LSD experience I still have occasional flashbacks. The drug/no-drug preference is just that...a preference, not a moral issue. Too many drugs though is definitely bad.

I know it is a preference, drugs are just tools, but I think if a bird has wings, it is more natural for it to fly like that instead of going by plane.
I don't want to depend on chemicals to change my states of mind.
I like being a closed independent system.
After all it is your brain that does all these great things, drugs just trigger them, so there is a way to trigger them without drugs.

Hallucinations are just byproducts anyway, so the really "relevant" parts of drug experiences are all that I want.
Trances of bliss, joy and peace, those feelings of alice in wonderland, the splendor of senses, feelings of interconnection, total lack of all fear etc..feeling that you are going to explode of joy about the beauty of the universe and all things around you, feelings that everything makes perfect sense etc..
then alternate states of consciousness etc etc..
All these things can be "accessed" with a proper mindset and setting.

There is nothing wrong with drugs use for these purpuses, but
I think drugs are like instant solutions, that you can't go on for ever counting on, and they cost too.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

what you are interested in is also a habit [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3989680 - 03/30/05 12:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

personally I would avoid entheogens while you are interested in posing this question:

Quote:

"could any of you.....kill a man just for fun, or because he is going on your nerves?"

what you are interested in is your mind set.
And set and setting rule (along with dose of course).

They talk about a shift in your core being indicative of a spiritual change. methaphorically it is a shift in what you are interested in, like where does your mind go when unleashed. what you are interested in. this can be cultivated, so it is also a trainable habit, the most important kind of training is this training of interest.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology