Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Loc: NearYurFeet ^.;.^
First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year
    #3986515 - 03/29/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I was headin out this morning and i noticed a two nice little mushrooms next to my porch. It's been raining alot latley but the temperatures still aren't quite where they should be but this got me excited.. i can't wait till season is full on  :tongue2:

anyone know what this is?

Edited by sacred_mushroom (03/29/05 08:55 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: sacred_mushroom]
    #3986545 - 03/29/05 08:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

here's another...

--------------------
Wild mushrooms have the power to increase ones awareness of reality, promote critical thought on the ways of mankind, and encourage people to THINK!! THINK OUT OF THE BOX!! ..These are gifts given directly to you and me from the living soils of our planet, a road map provided by the Earth which may - or may not make possible for one to break the chains from evil powers in our world that have successfully immobilized the souls of masses, given the illusion of freedom, and repressed revolution of the human spirit - The tools provided by the Earth tell us to "WAKE UP! REMOVE YOUR MIND FROM THE DELUSIONAL BOX OF CONSUMERIST PROPAGANDA BULLSHIT, LIVE FREE, DEFY AUTHORITY! AND NEVER ABANDON THE QUEST FOR ULTIMATE TRUTH!"

Edited by sacred_mushroom (03/29/05 08:56 PM)

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3986566 - 03/29/05 08:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you could get a spore print for us, it would be much easier to ID for you. Doesnt look active to me.

--------------------

Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3986608 - 03/29/05 08:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

it's definatley not active. I don't want to spore print it, it's not worth it.. just sharin the pics and if anyone happens to know what it is.. that would be cool.
  :biggrin:

--------------------
Wild mushrooms have the power to increase ones awareness of reality, promote critical thought on the ways of mankind, and encourage people to THINK!! THINK OUT OF THE BOX!! ..These are gifts given directly to you and me from the living soils of our planet, a road map provided by the Earth which may - or may not make possible for one to break the chains from evil powers in our world that have successfully immobilized the souls of masses, given the illusion of freedom, and repressed revolution of the human spirit - The tools provided by the Earth tell us to "WAKE UP! REMOVE YOUR MIND FROM THE DELUSIONAL BOX OF CONSUMERIST PROPAGANDA BULLSHIT, LIVE FREE, DEFY AUTHORITY! AND NEVER ABANDON THE QUEST FOR ULTIMATE TRUTH!"

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3986623 - 03/29/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nice looking little lawn mushroom though :grin:. Thanks for the pics.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3986906 - 03/29/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for sharing the pics, very beautiful shots

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: SuperD]
    #3988339 - 03/30/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks you guys...
tomorrow i'm gonna take the digital cam out in to my field and take some more shots, i live on a dead end road right on the beggining of a 30 acre wetland / forest. Its really beutiful, i went out the other day and saw all sorts of really huge fungus's and a few mushrooms. I had my first 3 trips last november from Cyans that i picked out in my feild and before that, i never really payed attention to mushrooms but now i'm really excited to see the feild just fill up with them this year... you can expect some awesome pics later in the year i assure you!
The first time i ever went looking for mushrooms in my life, i came across a patch of about 30 perfect Cyans about 50 feet away from my front yard.. i was thrilled beyond imagination.
:grin:

--------------------

Offlineshroomdreams
Chick on amission

Loc: South of SeattLe.. but no...
    #3988634 - 03/30/05 02:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good luck hunting tomorrow.. i'm gonna go out lookin fer stunzii here pretty soon

--------------------
a girl in search of a good trip

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #3988796 - 03/30/05 03:54 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It could be a some what faded Galerina venenata ( deadly poisen ). It would need a rusty brown spore print. But I'm not sure if Galerina venenata fruits in spring. :tongue: I think it's more fall and winter.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: SoftRat]
    #3989229 - 03/30/05 09:08 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

<<i came across a patch of about 30 perfect Cyans about 50 feet away from my front yard.. i was thrilled beyond imagination.>>

Quite a few of my friends live right next to producing fields so I know the feeling..just wish I was only steps away from massive cubes like they are

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #3990712 - 03/30/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say agrocybe praecox. I think that's how its spelled. It's often the first mushroom of the year, along with cup fungi, coprinus and morel-type things. I remember it having a very fibrous and woody stem.

Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: nycomyco]
    #3991299 - 03/30/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

shroomdreams, have you found any actives yet this season?.. there doesn't seem to be much of anything, active or not around my place.

I know the place where the Cyans popped up so i'm gonna be keepin my eye on that spot when fall arrives.. i had like an extreme case of begginers luck haha

thanks for the ID nyco!

--------------------

Edited by sacred_mushroom (03/30/05 06:21 PM)

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3993370 - 03/31/05 02:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think the pan sub season is a couple months away, here in WA state. Could I be mistaken that Pan Subbs ARE the only shrums to be found in NW WA, until Ps. Similanceata and finally the Autumn attack?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: psiclops]
    #3994282 - 03/31/05 10:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have already found blue ringers on several ocassions here in Seattle in Feb and March and posted a few images of them. They can grow all year round if the weather is right.

mj

Offlinesacred_mushroom
♠¦Growing-Now¦♠
 User Gallery

Re: First mushroom to pop up in my yard this year [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3994805 - 03/31/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, i saw those pics you posted mj their pretty nice!

I didn't get out in the feild yesterday, i got all busy with work and stuff.. i'll get some pics up of *practically* my very own feild up later when i get home.

Does anybody know how to upload more pictures without having to delete the other ones you have? is there a way to have pictures on the forums without having them in your album to take up memory?
.. i'll be back this afternoon, thanks!

:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification