Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskab
journeyman
Stubborn Spores
    #397887 - 09/18/01 10:05 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well, so far, I've innoculated 13 jars total with Mexi-Cubes that I got from Ryche about 2 months ago.. The first 4 worked fine, but since then, I have not gotten ONE jar to colonize even a little.. I've been storing the syringes in the refrigerator, which I was under the impression was okay.. I'm using rye grain as a substrate, and for about 2 weeks after colonizing, they do absolutely nothing, and then begin to look slimy and leave big starchy blotches on the sides of the jar, but only where there are split rye grains pressed against the glass.. The first time, I thought it was a yeast problem, cause after a month, the jars smelled almost alcoholic, but now I've switched to magick micron filter discs, and the new jars look like they're headed in the same direction. I cant attribute it to a problem with the rye, cause it isnt a visible contaminaton.. its just that nothing happens.
So what the heck do I do?
What the heck DID I do?
How the heck do I fix it?
My last casing from my last set of jars is on it's last flush, and I'm about to be mushless..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskab
journeyman
Re: Stubborn Spores [Re: skab]
    #398218 - 09/19/01 01:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Really? Nobody? Sorry for the bump, but I'm desperate

InvisibleBigwelby
journeyman
Loc: Canada
    #398347 - 09/19/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm new and haven't had my first go at this yet, and just cracked Stament's book so i'm not too smart yet but:

Could it be that you didn't shake your syringe and all the spores ended up in those first 4 jars you innoculated?

Maybe try with something simpler like BRF/Dark Rye Flour+Verm substrate to try and get some more shroomies going for now? Are you Pressure cookin your rye grain and doing all that stuff right?

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #398424 - 09/19/01 06:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi, slimy rye jas is something called wet spot bacteria. no colours, just that god awful slime (HQ still cant beat it). pretty sure its attributable to excess water in the rye. dont have any advice really since she hasnt been very patient with it- you can either tweak your water content and see what works best (weighing your water is the most accurate way to go). or switch to another quart jar substrate like birdseed, which seems to be more forgiving (at least in her experience). i dont think you can fix those jars. you may want to do a search for "wet spot" or post a q in the contam forum- they may be of more help. sorry :(

gluck

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #398600 - 09/19/01 09:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Stamet's says: Slimy or wet looking kernals, an indication of bacteria. A sour "rotten apple" smell. Jars should be discarded. Sometime..... sometimes, spawn partially contaminated can be cased and be fruited.
Sorry to say the safest thing to do would be to dump it and try again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale