Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigsensiskunk
Stranger
Loc: Eastern Europe
Answer if you can!
    #3984874 - 03/29/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

What I looked at on other sites was this:
Magic jar, some shrooms grown in a jar without a lid. They were quite nice too, so my question is this:
Can I use a normal Jar and sterilise it with substrate and then open the lid and pour from a spore syringe the spores on top of the substrate? Will this not work? Will the medium become unsterile if I do this?

And how do these people make the growboxes? Do they sterilise the substrate and then pour it into a plastic box, inoculate it and then put a lid on? Can I do this?

Is www.pfjars.com a good place to buy jars from? I can't find wide mouthed mason jars anywhere!!!

Please answer...

--------------------
My God! Look at all that water!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: bigsensiskunk]
    #3984894 - 03/29/05 11:20 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

bigsensiskunk said:
Please answer...

No, please read...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: Answer if you can! *DELETED* [Re: Holydiver]
    #3985005 - 03/29/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: xxx

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: poboy]
    #3985026 - 03/29/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

poboy said:
Wallmart for your jars.

:thumbup:

I get all my supplies from Walmart....except the verm. I get that a local garden store. :smile:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Answer if you can! [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3985030 - 03/29/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

walmart is still on that carcinogen kick

--------------------

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

Re: Answer if you can! [Re: psilocyben]
    #3985076 - 03/29/05 12:09 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

LOL, i love it when people tell me that to grow shrooms you "sprinkle some spores from a syringe you buy online on some dirt and they grow" or the even better "you need a kit to grow shrooms." I just smile and act intrigued.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

OfflineSpaceVox
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: Darkie]
    #3985207 - 03/29/05 12:35 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I love it when people don't know what they are talking about...

--------------------

Offlinebigsensiskunk
Stranger
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3988939 - 03/30/05 03:01 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

I am not in a country where Wallmart exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't you people figure that out yet? Why would I be asking then?

--------------------

Offlinebigsensiskunk
Stranger
    #3988949 - 03/30/05 03:10 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Right, I read.

I'm growing some cubensis mexicana right now I think. They look like penises the little perverts!

Has anyone had any sort of problems with ordering spore syringes??? I mean at the post office or with leo.

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3988975 - 03/30/05 03:38 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Go to this >>>>>>> LINK <<<<<<<<< ....and learn. Not the same as the tray picture below. But... is simple, uses a drinking glass & requires no pressure cooker.

--------------------

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: SpaceVox]
    #3988981 - 03/30/05 03:39 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

SpaceVox said:
I love it when people don't know what they are talking about...

lol, ya i hate it too

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Offlinebigsensiskunk
Stranger
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #3989001 - 03/30/05 03:52 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Well, thank you for the link, but I knew it and that was the main reason I went into shroom growing. It still says you must pressure cook the glass.
I was thinking of using a normal jar, fill about half of it with rye/vermiculite, and after I've stewrilised it just drop some spores from a spore syringe on top of them. Will this not work? I'm seriously thinking of this so I'll just have shrooms grow in the jar with no lid on and that's it. It sounds good to me.

Well, I've seen that method of yours to moistorise the grains but then you still have to sterilise them.

I really think that a glass would crack in my pressure cooker...

--------------------

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
    #3989010 - 03/30/05 04:03 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

dude seriously your way ahead of yourself, you need to stop right now. you don't have the smallest clue about growing mushrooms, here is what i would suggest to you, go here http://www.fungifun.org/fanaticus/intro.htm
because this will be your new bible for a couple of months.

OfflineBuzzy420
the 'shit'
Loc: colonized state
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3989443 - 03/30/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Lol new bible :o good luck mang

--------------------
You may not be the 'shit'... but its still useful, Moes knows burritos :o

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: Buzzy420]
    #3989461 - 03/30/05 09:11 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

spore syringes have needles for a reason. Opening the jar and dropping a few drops of spore solution would put your chance of success just below 1%.

Pfjars.com is a good, reliable site, and all you would need would be to inject spores into the jars and fruit invitro.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinebigsensiskunk
Stranger
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: shroommachine]
    #3989564 - 03/30/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

pfjars do not ship to my country!

New bible. That sucks man. Blasphemy is a sin wether you do or don't regard it as such.

Are mugs, ordinary coffe mugs good for a pf tek? Will they survive a pressure cooking? The problem with these seems to be that they aren't see through. I'm also thinking of using beer cans or coke cans for a pf tek.

I'm growing a grow box right now and my shrooms are a bit tiny but loking good. Can I spray on top of them. Is is a good idea to spray clean water over them? They'll mature soon.
For the second flush I'm thinking of spraying the substrate thouroughly.

here's a question and I will be endebted to whomever answers it. I was thinking of buying a five spore syringe pack and 30g of Philosopher's stones trouffles. Is there any way I can get in trouble for this? What do you think?

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: shroommachine]
    #3989569 - 03/30/05 09:49 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

>Well, thank you for the link, but I knew it and that was the main reason I went into shroom growing. It still says you must pressure cook the glass.

You can and will have better results but you dont have to PC the jars, boiling or steaming will work

>I was thinking of using a normal jar, fill about half of it with rye/vermiculite, and after I've stewrilised it just drop some spores from a spore syringe on top of them. Will this not work?

NO THIS WILL NOT WORK...as people have already told you.

>I'm seriously thinking of this so I'll just have shrooms grow in the jar with no lid on and that's it.

You should seriously stop thinking this if you are seriously serious about growing mushrooms. Shrooms grow off of mycelium which must colonize the jar first BEFORE BEING OPENED AND EXPOSED TO CONTAMS. Once the MYCELIUM colonized the entire jar, you can just remove the lid (or keep it on) and grow the shrooms in the jar. YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THOUGH AND QUIT WITH YOUR IDEAS.

>It sounds good to me.

Of course it sounds good to you, how many mushrooms have you grown? I mean you just disregaurd what people say, including people who have grown out more mushrooms weight, then you weigh

>Well, I've seen that method of yours to moistorise the grains but then you still have to sterilise them.

YES YOU DO! Now your getting it.

>I really think that a glass would crack in my pressure cooker...

I really KNOW that you are wrong.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineabaccusx
Shroomer

#3989591 - 03/30/05 09:56 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Deleted - Wrong post!

Edited by abaccusx (03/30/05 10:37 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Answer if you can! [Re: abaccusx]
    #3989635 - 03/30/05 10:12 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

abaccusx said:
Just started my first grow after seeing the success of a FOAF. He used a spore print from the FSRE did the following. PF-Tek - he sterilised his jars, put them in a glove box, sprayed the #$%@ out of it with lysol, then proceded to open each jar and scrape some spores directly off the print into each, then shook them up and incubated for almost a month for full colonisation (500mL/Pint jars)(I opted to make syringes from my print FYI). Point being he successfully grew almost 1000g from his casings for a first attempt and never layed his hands on a syringe.

No doubt the syringe method is fantastic for beginners, but unless his success was a sheer fluke - i think its safe to say its possible for people in countries where syringes are not available to have success using prints only.

Thats all fine and good but this person didnt say syringes were hard to get. In fact in his last post he said "USING A SPORE SYRINGE" open the jars (obviously has no idea what a glovebox is either) and squirt some in. He's also asking about LEAVING THE LID OFF.

What you did, would be fine...this is NOT what the person is asking about though. They saw an invitro grow and just guessed that someone just put some grain in a jar and squirted spores all over it. Big difference.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: Answer if you can! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3989661 - 03/30/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 2 days ago)

omg guys this is hopeless he won't even listen to agar and he is like the king of mushroom growing on this forum

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale