Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
1337 h4xx0r

humidity guage problems
    #3984537 - 03/29/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've got this temp/humid. combo plastic thingy from home depot against the inner-back wall of my fruiting chamber. Right now there isn't anything in the fruiting chamber and I plan to use just the spray method. I've got wire mesh on the bottom of the container and nothing beneath that (no perlite or anything, just the plastic bottom of the container) According to the guage the humidity is chillin' but according to my eyes it isnt..

Yesterday I read the "tune your hygrometer" tek and followed it. I put the guage and a bottlecap of damp salt in a large heavy duty ziplock bag and waited 6 hours. When I first closed the bag up, the humid was about 55. Over the next 4 hours, the humid rose to 75 (which was what the humid is supposed to be in a sealed environment with damp salt) and kept on rising till almost 90. After the 4th hour it began dropping back down and ended up on about 82 (+7 off)

Seeing as how the humid kind of made a change back and forth, I decided to assume it was about +7 off . After spraying the chamber a couple times I left it overnight and now the humid is reading 95.

Heres the problem, the humid in the container doesnt look very humid :confused:  The only moisture I can see in there is on the drip shield where I sprayed last night, not all over the walls and shit like I think it should be. Help me out if you can guys, I appreciate it. Almost fruiting time!  :evil: :evil: :evil:

What does everyone else use to measure the humidity and what are some visual ways I can read the humid. is about right?

6B 77 69 6B 6E 65 73 73

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: humidity guage problems [Re: kwikness]
    #3984648 - 03/29/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

from what i,m reading humidity and moisture are two different things.
the moisture(condensation) is created from the difference in temp. inside chamber vs. outside of chamber. if the temp is the same, no condensation. I'm no athority(my first cakes are in the incubator)but i have done a lot of reading up on the best teks. my fruiting chamber consists of a foam cooler(upside down)pearlite in the lid(wich is now on the bottom)some mesh for the cakes to sit on and a cool air hum. for air exchange. seems to run fine without cakes, we shall see what happens when i put the lovelys in. good luck.

Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation