Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Ways to Rid youself of Tric.
    #3978783 - 03/28/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I had tric. for awhile, it was a BITCH to get rid of...Just wanted to see how other people keep clean..

Not sure if this was a good idea but heres what i did...

Went out back, dumped the jars out into the trash can, filled them halfway/3/4th and then closed them shut...took them inside, put striaght into my PC and pc-ed for 2 hours, i threw my clothes striaght into washer and took a shower(anti-bacterial soap of course :wink: ) and i cleaned Everything down that I could w/ a dildued amount of bleach and then swiped it w/ vingar(sp?) and vacummed the whole house and sprayed oust as well...So i haven't seen it since it took my last 16 (out of 18) jars...It's been about 3wks to a month now and i'mm pretty happy about it, just wanted to kno what you guys thought and if anyone had something to add or something better....don't say throw the jars away...that's pretty stupid...unless u get em for free..nah nvm, thats still pretty stupid..

Well thankx for reading, post something better if you've got it or some comments, thankx :thumbup:

I love Fungus and I love bacteria....just don't like them in the same spot at the same time :smirk:

-Gnostic

So....There's all that above...

Utilizing Salt.

And waiting it out....

Anything else you guys want to add?

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (04/04/05 04:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Tric. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3979367 - 03/28/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

That's pretty much what you have to do. Get rid of that stuff on the first indication of trich. The mycelium of trich is white, but it's shaped different from mushroom mycelium. Trich looks more like a 'polka dot' myc. When you see that, you can dump the project before it ever turns green. This will save your grow area from the spore dump.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Tric. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3979578 - 03/28/05 09:14 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

you know, i think that in read that oust kills bacteria, but not spores.

i was reading a method one time where you fill the sink up w/ bleach and water 50/50. then, open and submerge the jar for a half an hour or more to let the bleach sol. in(don't remember time period) self explanatory from there ...clean ...pc...you know.

--------------------

Edited by psilocyben (03/29/05 10:40 AM)

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
    #3979712 - 03/28/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

You might also want o becareful about the vaccuming. Vaccums stir up more dust/mites/bacti/spores than it picks up unless you have a really good vac with a really good filtration system/bag/etc. You might want to vac the day before instead if you dont already.

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Tric. [Re: neoclimber]
    #3984458 - 03/29/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Good point neo..it's a new hardcore bagless vac :wink:

But doing it the day before and spray ing oust sounds like a good idea..And it doesn't kill spores...thats why i figured pc-ing would be best, i just wanted to see if everyone would add something to it, or had something better...that way every time i get a contam i can kill a the primary sound and ease back a bit...:thumbup:

Thankx guys

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4011227 - 04/04/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hate to intrude, but trich. rarely contaminates substrates - it is nearly always an invader of casings and invariably mushroom fruits.
It has a quite unusual green colour, unlike aspergillus or penicilium which are by far more common molds on substrates.
When trch. strikes in mushroom farms they merely salt it.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Tric. [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4013120 - 04/04/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It infested lots of my jars and casings/cakes...

So i'd have to disagree in my case, i was probably at fault, but i see you point, Salt...

But even in doing that i still had problems with it, so i cleaned Everything best as I could, i rarely see it now, plus i activetly clean shit, just in case :shrug:

But thankx for the info. :thumbup:

-Gnostic

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4016689 - 04/05/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They don't just salt the trich at any of the mushroom farms I've been to. They carry that bin outside and dispose of it, lest it rampage through the entire fruiting room. Any harvest worthy fruits are picked and packaged, but the tray is tossed. Very true about trich being much more common on the casing layer. I've had good results by washing the casing layer off at dunking time and then recasing.
RR
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Tric. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4017768 - 04/05/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wait, what is all this about salt?

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Tric. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4018411 - 04/05/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

have had trich in cake jars, wbs jars, bulksubstrate, casing layers....
When on casing layer, it is the iceberg, the substrate being eaten alive by the trich.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Tric. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4034050 - 04/09/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Salt stops all growth, bacterial or mycelium, it helps rid yourself of Tric....So say its not worth saving but i think it is as long as you isolate it from all of your cakes/casings that don't have tric...

-Gnostic

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #4034886 - 04/09/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hen the trich is really spread in the grow salt wont work. You can throw salt on the trich visible outside, But inside the substrate brrrrrrrr it can be really scary there...

I only try to save contammed grows when its a unique strain which I havent got sporeprints from. Or when its such a large grow with some chance on succes I might give it a go too.

But I had a GT 3 sq feet strawcasing which contammed after first flush. I tossed it......

MF

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Tric. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4061438 - 04/16/05 01:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:smirk:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4207744 - 05/22/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Saw you guys were intersted in ridding urself of tric. again...

:cool:

-Gnostic

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder