Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonytony
Stranger
do shrooms lose their appeal?
    #3981179 - 03/28/05 05:39 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

do you get bored of shrooms if you do them too often or have tripped enough times?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: tonytony]
    #3981184 - 03/28/05 05:40 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Just like anything in life, we can overexpose ourselves to something or someone and make it/them overly common and as a result, without much effect.

Things that are special are best left to occassional experience.

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: World Spirit]
    #3981191 - 03/28/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Yes sir after eating 350 wet grams in about 2 or 3 weeks time the absolute insanity of shrooms was no longer fun.

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3981216 - 03/28/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

You might get bored of them... but they wont lose their effect, they'll still be the same.

OfflineSirFrancisBacon
Frog
 User Gallery

Loc: low earth orbit
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3981226 - 03/28/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

i'd say its a an overall let down when the movements and flowyness all over the walls and whatnot becomes no longer as amusing. but it happens. then again, i never realy upgraded to higher doses.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: SirFrancisBacon]
    #3981296 - 03/28/05 06:12 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Wait around two weeks before tripping again and tolerance should not be an issue. As far as growing bored, well, it could happen. However, I know people who have enjoyed mushrooms for many years and continue doing so.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: gdman]
    #3981755 - 03/28/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I've never gotten to that point, all of my trips have been special and exciting in their own way. My love is to deep to ever crumble :smile:

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3988665 - 03/30/05 01:09 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I don't see how you can get bored unless you're always tripping in the same set and setting, same music, etc. I've tripped over 10 times, and each expierence has been very unique... and there is no way I could ever get bored of looking at golden fall leaves in a beautiful landscape, no way.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

InvisibleSoularize
slanted and enchanted
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: phEight]
    #3988700 - 03/30/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

well yes, it gets boring when i know there is acid floating around  :frown:

Still, a strong dose of mushrooms will take the brain to the outer limits of reality and consciousness...how can that EVER get boring?!?

Im taking a few grams of cyanescens tomorrow, and there's no doubt that it will rocket me into the fourth dimension  :thumbup: :grin:

--------------------
"All but one man died. There at Bitter Creek. And they say he ran awayyy." - A little show called Branded

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: Soularize]
    #3988776 - 03/30/05 01:51 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

It's been 15 weeks since the last time i tripped on mushrooms and it was a great experience, and i am currently sitting on many, many doses i have from a grow i recently finished, and also have another grow pinning at the moment. I still think mushrooms are great, but i dont have an urge to trip on them. I am having 2 weeks off work in 2 weeks time and will be having a trip or two in that time. I dont think at my slow rate of tripping they will become boring.

If they do, i would try doing something else on the trip, have fun.

OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
    #3988864 - 03/30/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

psychedelics only lose their appeal if you use them too frequently. some ppl treat them as if they were heroin, trying to take em everyday. mushrooms are not some high that becomes a responsibility to sustain, most users of mushrooms that i know take them on avg 4-8 times a year. taking anything too frequently [that isnt physically addicting] will cause an eventual loss of interest imho.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: MycoGlowFlow]
    #3989356 - 03/30/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Variation seems to help if you get bored of watching the same colours. Shrooms are VERY adaptable and can put you in all sorts of moods, it just entirely depends on what you wanna do.

Bored of sitting down looking at a wall for 4 hours? Go outside for a bike ride or go to a rave or something insane like that!

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

OfflineLemmiwinks
Looking throughthe mirrorwindows.

Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #3989672 - 03/30/05 10:26 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Ok so in like 2 weeks I consummed around a half ounce and a quarter abg of shroomies that were excellent and the last time I ate them I ate a quarter bag and was tripping hard in the light but in the dark the shrooms wouldnt give me visuals. Think my mind was telling me somthing? Yes it gets boring. Personally I wont do them again until a big firework show or a special occasion like my girls birthday.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: do shrooms lose their appeal? [Re: Lemmiwinks]
    #3990380 - 03/30/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

It's been almost a year for me since I've done shrooms but they still haven't lost their appeal. It's just something I'm not inclined to do unless the time's right. Whenever I get the sudden urge to shroom I just have a special feeling, and my trips (Which haven't even gone past 5g yet) are still wonderful and life changing. :heart:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinetonytony
Stranger
    #3990545 - 03/30/05 01:49 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks all. Good to know.

OfflineGapingLotus
mysteriouswanderer

#3990964 - 03/30/05 02:59 PM (19 years, 3 days ago)

in my experience, the trips only get better and more enlightening. they have solved a lot of problems in my own life, just dont abuse them.. like anything else.

--------------------
And all the hippies gonna lick the mind of god..
'cause it's a mushroom festival in hell.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale