Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Varying Incubation Temp?????
    #3980708 - 03/28/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

I have to incubate my jars very stealth style, because no one can know i have them. I cant have any wires or anything to give away, that there is somethin in my incubation chamber. Right now i just use a couple bottles of hot water changed out about 3-4 times a day. This does get the heat up to probably about 80-85, but as the water cools off the temp. drops back down to about 70-72 which is how warm my house is. WIll this changing temp affect the myc. growth or colonization time of the jars? Would it be better to just leave them at the constant 70-72?

I am going to be spawning these to outdoor beds, so the fruiting temp wont be a problem, i just need to know about the incubation period, and my changing temperature.

I dont need any shit about hiding my project either. If your not answering the question please don't tell me how it's bad to keep my project hidden.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: jtk]
    #3980713 - 03/28/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: ]
    #3980727 - 03/28/05 03:17 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

no hidden outlets, and my incubation chamber is on a shelf about 5ft. from the ground

--------------------

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: jtk]
    #3980753 - 03/28/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

During the winter the temp dropped pretty low and I believe my incubator reached around 70. That start pinning and I had some in vitro growth. You'll probably need to watch out for that.

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3980758 - 03/28/05 03:25 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

thats what i was wondering. I used WBS so vitro won't be as common. SHould i just leave the temp at the constant 70-72 as to not disrupt anything by dropping the temp?

--------------------

Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

#3980760 - 03/28/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

glad to see you used my idea of the hot water bottles. did you put some kind of insulation in the incubation chamber to keep the heat in the box for longer.you could use one of the methods that use electricity and wires at night or when your parents won't go into your room or during the day and when the electric method isn't running you can have the hot water bottles in there. hope this helps.

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3980766 - 03/28/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Someone else will probably give you a better response but lower temps have a huge affect on growth rate. Just raising the temp from 75F to 80F greaty increased the growth rate. And it seems at least to me that only when the cake/wbs/... is fully colonized does it want to pin. Before that the cake seemed much less likely to pin.

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3980768 - 03/28/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

hmmm, don't really know the answer to your question, but me thinks that you are mimicing nature's setting more than the rest of us...

The mycelium in the ground is also exposed to these type of temperature changes(day to night difference), someone correct me if i 'm wrong

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: funnylittleman]
    #3980772 - 03/28/05 03:30 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

funnylittleman, what would you suggest i use for insulation? My chamber is not that big, the jars take up about 3/4 of it. Maybe some folded T-shirts around the edges to keep heat in a little better?

Sterile "hmmm, don't really know the answer to your question, but me thinks that you are mimicing nature's setting more than the rest of us..."

Are you saying that this could be a positive thing?

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3980783 - 03/28/05 03:35 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Could be! Your experiment will tell us more tho

Good luck with it!  :smile:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: Sterile]
    #3980797 - 03/28/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

i inoculated them 5 days ago today, and im starting to see some small Myc. spots in the jars today. I've only been using the water bottle heaters for 2 days. Hopefully it works out.

--------------------

Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

Re: Varying Incubation Temp????? [Re: Sterile]
    #3980808 - 03/28/05 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

well anything like a t-shirt or soft like that would work. you could go up to your attic and check if there is some lagging you could "borrow" seeing that your chamber is small you wouldn't need much. i think sterile might be right but i think the mycelium just grows faster when it's at optimal temperature. but i don't know that much so.....

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix