Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRin
Comfortably Numb
 User Gallery

scared? anyone?
    #3977919 - 03/27/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hey guys its been awhile since i posted here, just neeed to vent a bit, maybe you guys can help me.

why is it that i tell myself i need someone to love, someone to be with. then when i finally get somebody i get so freaked out and all i want to do is run? Do you guys ever run for no reason? why is it that my mood changes every hour....im 21 years old and im so scared that my life is going to be one huge failure..i still go out and have fun with my freinds and continue to date, im not bad looking but its hard for me to let somebody look at me up close...my thoughts are always blurrred, im insecure and bascally just wearing my self out with all my thoughts...im lucky enough to have sex with a gorgeous blonde whenever i want but its just not doing it for me......even typing things i just feel like im all over the place, i just want to sleep for a year and wake up somewhere else

sorry for ranting on, i just need to see what you guys think

--------------------
The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you know that you're dreaming...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: scared? anyone? [Re: Rin]
    #3977940 - 03/27/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quit intellectualising and act. It is all a matter of confidence and certainty. You alone are responsible for your happiness so quit fucking around and find out what makes you happy.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3978060 - 03/28/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It is a simple fact that most normally functioning humans have an impulse for amorous persuits.

It seems to be only when there is some sort of conflicting ideology and concept, that such a natural drive becomes a "problem". Alternatively, we could simply accept the what-is and acknowledge the facts along with the irrelevancy of concepts and ideologies.

The simplicity of that alone is often enough to make one laugh. It almost seems.... too easy, doesn't it? Well, that's just the way it is.

From the acceptance to the facts of the matter-at-hand, you can then focus on what is practical and what isn't. Then you will know what to do - if there really is anything to do.

Sometimes all it takes... is simple awareness.

Remember... Be here now.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3978245 - 03/28/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

God toldme you should let me fuck this georgous blonde.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

OfflineCyruxMafia
Sufi Master

Loc: Canada
Re: scared? anyone? [Re: SoopaX]
    #3978490 - 03/28/05 01:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm it doesn't sound like your insecure, but rather you seem merely unsatisified. Even if you get the beautyful blonde, are you still satisfied? For true satisfaction, have a dream, some grand vision for the future, whatever it is, no matter how extreme how crazy, reach for the stars (think big and you get big, think small and you get small). This dream you have, is your engine in life, it becomes your driving force to motivate you to, say learn, read, speak and do whatever it takes to reach your goal. Now that you know what you want surround yourself with things that will get you there, this is your choice of friends, the kind of lifestyle you have and even the music you listen to. Everything and anything that can influence you immerse yourself in it so that the life you live become self-piloted. This allows you to refocus your dreams every now and then without totally getting sidetracked.

On a side note, don't let women, a fancy car, or a big house become your dream. Although it is easy to allow women to become our ambitions in life, this is a fleeting victory and brings seldom benifits.

--------------------
Love Mercy, Act Justly and Walk Humbly - Micah 6:8

"Although they plan, Allah also plans. And Allah is the Best of Planners." [Holy Qur'an 8:30]

"Allah says: O son of Adam devote yourself to worshipping Me, and I will fill your bosom with richness and remove your poverty. And if you do not do this, then I will fill your bosom with occupation and distraction and I will not remove your poverty."

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: scared? anyone? [Re: CyruxMafia]
    #3979352 - 03/28/05 06:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

21 is intense
the field is wild and the stallion wants to run hard.
yoke yourself to something like university for as long as possible.
(try to get back in if you are out or knuckle under and get a job)

get to know yourself - relationships start with yourself but let them happen later
now muscle and sinew and a big sky should be pitted against study and hard work.
later relationships can grow on this fertile soil you have learned to trust.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3979456 - 03/28/05 09:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

fear not! :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3979604 - 03/28/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You are letting your thoughts control you. Take charge of them by noting and redirecting and/or silencing them.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3979623 - 03/28/05 11:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rin said:
hey guys its been awhile since i posted here, just neeed to vent a bit, maybe you guys can help me.

why is it that i tell myself i need someone to love, someone to be with. then when i finally get somebody i get so freaked out and all i want to do is run? Do you guys ever run for no reason? why is it that my mood changes every hour....im 21 years old and im so scared that my life is going to be one huge failure..i still go out and have fun with my freinds and continue to date, im not bad looking but its hard for me to let somebody look at me up close...my thoughts are always blurrred, im insecure and bascally just wearing my self out with all my thoughts...im lucky enough to have sex with a gorgeous blonde whenever i want but its just not doing it for me......even typing things i just feel like im all over the place, i just want to sleep for a year and wake up somewhere else

sorry for ranting on, i just need to see what you guys think

Fear comes from that part of you that does not accept certain things.
Some will probably dissagre with this, but I've learned to free myself of fear by "so what" psychology, acceptance of the worse as something acceptable. Usually the worse does not happen, but if it did, so what.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleRin
Comfortably Numb
 User Gallery

Re: scared? anyone? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3992561 - 03/30/05 11:12 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

it just seems so crazy to me that someday im going to have to buy a house and maybe even father children! i cant see a person telling me they love me and truely meaning it. to be honest, i dont think i really love anything at all, but the whole concept of love is something i want to know so bad, i just dont see myself ever being in love, let alone haveing someone that loves me...as for that blonde i mentioned shes banging everybody including me

--------------------
The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you know that you're dreaming...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3992596 - 03/30/05 11:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"it just seems so crazy to me that someday im going to have to buy a house and maybe even father children!"

It doesn't seem so crazy to me...17 years after I started. I consider it one of the more rewarding things I have done. I have managed to raise 3 kids ages 14, 16, and 17 without alienating them or having a generational gap. They respect my opinion and even ask my advice (and follow it) on many things. I know that no matter what happens in the future I will probably always have a dry place to crash should I meet with misfortune.

"i just dont see myself ever being in love"

Neither did I. I was as antisocial as they come...very contrary as well, but someone decided they could tolerate me. I am still amazed...

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology