Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineClozedeyez20
amature mycologist
Male

Humidity problems
    #3976308 - 03/27/05 04:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so I've tried a few different things here. First lemme let you know what my setup is. It's a 30"x60"x22" martha closet setup with a big cool mist outside connected with a tube and a small ultrasonic that sits inside. I have most of the bottom sealed, eccept for 2 sides slightly open so the humidifiers can push out the CO2 and so the martha doesn't blow up like a balloon. Well if I use only the ultrasonic I can do the old trick of turning it on for 15 minutes every  1 1/2 - 2 hours to get a good humidity. But if I ever turn my cool mist on, the humidity slowly drops more and more... why?! I don't get why my humidifier is making it LESS humid... the only thing I could think of is because of the 2 slight openings in the bottom of the martha are lettting humidity escape, but I need those so it doesn't blow up like a balloon. Should I just not use the cool mist and just use the ultrasonic? I was thinking of just using the ultrasonic and maybe once or twice a day I would turn the cool mist on to get some air exchange. Any ideas for good old martha? She's full of fungi goodness and once them to live a strong happy life.  :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity problems [Re: Clozedeyez20]
    #3977162 - 03/27/05 08:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

he he he....well for one it isn't gonna blow up like a balloon they are not air tight. Just put two small holes in the bottom put a driveway pan under it to catch water. I'd also get that ultrasonic out of there cause the fan is gonna go bad soon. Hook up the ultrasonic hose going into the Martha is just under the cool mist so the fog comming out of it drops into the cool mist air stream and mixes better.

Copy of the first Martha post

This is a Martha Stewert closet and hose set up.

in the box

I use the ultrasonic and cool mist. Very firm believer in air exchange.

In the exectrical Dept of the hardware store I find these. and on the ultrasonic Now on the back of the closet I cut the holes for the hose fittings and put tape over them and cut holes threw the tape for the fittings. The reason for the tape is to give the clostet plastic a little extra strength when holding the hose weight. The outlet for the ultrasonic goes above the cool mist outlet that way the mist from the ultrasonic drops into the airstream of the cool mist and mixes better.

Then the shelves upgrade.

Well it use to look like this with the pvc

There have been a few changes. Shelves are now chain.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation