Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSofaCureSilf
Stranger
Loc: California
Ok, here's what I did...
    #396435 - 09/17/01 03:05 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, this is what I did to grow Shrooms. I have never grown before, so I'm hoping that I am doing them right. I have two baking trays, each filled with (from bottom layers to top) Coa coa fibers with medium moisture levels 2", Mycelium (looked like rice or something with mold [white patches all over]) of about .5 inches, then about .75 inches of Vermiculite and sparyed it down do almost all was absorbed in the Vermicullite. Then, each tray was put into a single container which had Perlite in it. and I closed the container so it is air tight, and I am fanning it for a few minutes each day. If the walls on the container look tinted with dew, I leave it, but if it seems dry, I spray it. Anythinhg wrong? Will it work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Ok, here's what I did... [Re: SofaCureSilf]
    #396440 - 09/17/01 03:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey! Are you telling me you skiped the all the jars procedures stuff and went directly to innoculate a casing ?

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineheathadelic

#396545 - 09/17/01 08:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The thing that sticks out at me here is that your colonized substrate (mycelium) layer is way too thin. I have heard recommended at least 2" of substrate covered by 1/2" of casing.

Swing the groove 'round here, so I can reach it -a.d.

--------------------
"...time is not money, time is an opportunity to live before you die."

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #396557 - 09/17/01 08:40 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well if youre sure that the white-looking mold stuff is mycellium then yeah, that should do. you shoulda mixed the peat with the vermiculate top layer with a 1:1 ratio, and yeah there should be a thicker layer of colonized grain [whatever] but if cased and kept at the right temp for the species then they will grow soon enough.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineSofaCureSilf
Stranger
Loc: California
Re: Ok, here's what I did... [Re: MAIA]
    #397291 - 09/18/01 12:08 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Of course not, I got them from a friend who has successfully grown the same strain b4. He left for Saudi (the day prior to the bombings.. hmm... Saudi leaving.... hmmm) and gave them to me. I think it should work. The walls on my casings have beaded moisture on them, but not excessive... Ahh! i'm nervious. I want them to be good for my frist time.

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #397397 - 09/18/01 06:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

relax. if they grow they will be psychoactive so dont worry about them being 'good' or not. just keep them moist like youve been describing, not heavy moisture but when the white mycellum starts creeping through that top casing layer then you will need to lower the humidity a bit to get them to fruit. after the casing layer has several diff. spots of mycellum popping up, put the whole tray or whatever in the fridge for about 6-10 hours and lower the humidity after that. theyre gonna grow.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate