Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
"REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P
    #3971662 - 03/26/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Red is real, yes,

How real is "RED"....?  How would you explain to a person with eyes closed, or even blind from birth, what color it is YOU are seeing/describing without using the word "RED", or ANY other colorly descriptive words in your telling someone else what is "REAL" in what you are "seeing"....?    How would you explain the color RED to someone with their eyes closed, someone that did not speak the same language as you....?      And then, how do you then share with someone what you are seeing/sensing without saying a word....?    What is it that makes it "real"....?    Is it because the gereral consesnsus is that everyone agrees that it is "real"....?    :shrug: 

I just ain't buying it anymore....!  :grin:

What IS "REAL", is not always just what we can "see"....    Now, for me as I am starting to understand, what IS REAL is what we can "FEEL" - and not in a sense of touch, that is not what I mean....  Perhaps it is a sence of "instinct", or perhaps it is just a "sense" that we generally and casually have been conditioned to "SEE" beyond....  Perhaps someday I will break this "code", and share it for you all....!  :wink:

Until then, what IS "REAL"....?  :wink:    And, what IS "RED"...?  :wink:

:sun:

ALL, have a WONDERFUL day/night with you and yours....!  :laugh:
Easter is upon us, a time of rememberance and celebration....  :heart:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLux
Re: "REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3971760 - 03/26/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I like the belief that everything we percieve is real, even the illusions. Does a bat who mostly percieves with hearing really know the visible world that it is missing out on? It even may seem sad, but really are we any different? What we see as the world is simply light bouncing off of the world giving us a glimpse of it, so you can say it is an illusion, but you can also say that it is real. Having this awareness is enough, by simply being aware of something you may overcome it, or atleast it's restraints.

Red is an object available to one particular sense and when you bring up explaining it to someone who lacks this sense it's obvious that they will not be able to percieve it. Though I do agree on something you touched on, words are simply not adequate for expressing a direct experience, that's why we have art and why it gives truth to the quote: "Science as the pursuit of truth is equal to, but not superior to art."

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: "REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P [Re: Lux]
    #3971765 - 03/26/05 08:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

intuition..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/26/05 08:35 AM)

DivineeMotive....

#3971781 - 03/26/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Lux said:
Red is an object available to one particular sense and when you bring up explaining it to someone who lacks this sense it's obvious that they will not be able to percieve it.

If ANYONE is not able to perceive it, how can it be "real"....?    You can't just ignore that they can't perceive it....  Ya~ know....?
And a bat's senses, that would be very interesting to be able to hear to "see" in the way bats do with a "sonar" sense.... 
Perhaps, it is kinda~ like how a blind person adapts with a higher hearing sense....  :wink:
I am starting to think the "puzzle" of LIFE is to unlock all of those senses and abilities that animals have, within ourselves....    :heart:
Right now in a self serving way, I could use the help of one of our crustacious sea dwelling friends that hold the secret to regeneration, so that I can re-grow my damaged low back...!    That's what I get for not being carefull this morning....  :shrug:    I will learn, I think....(?)(!)  :grin:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3971864 - 03/26/05 09:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

red and green seem inseparable to me

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineLux
    #3971872 - 03/26/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

As I said in my last post, what we really percieve with our physical senses can be percieved as illusions, simply shadows of a true world, but I don't believe this necessarily makes them un-real. Our senses are the best way we have to deal with and percieve the world. Think of life as a force and living creatures it's continuous manifestation to survive and adapt simply due to a basic inherent principle in the universe of change and propagation. Our senses are simply a result of this. Due to our place in the world, we develop in certain ways and are able to percieve certain things which are seemingly out there. So I am not ignoring the inability of some to percieve red, but explaining the source of perception and why I believe things can be all at the same time real, an illusion, and not dependant on any individual person.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: "REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3971874 - 03/26/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You mean like when you put on those 3D glasses at the cinema, and the red and green lenses merge when you look through them to form a whole 3D image?

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3972215 - 03/26/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you could describe red as a particular wavelength of photons. our perception of red is another matter.

DivineeMotive....

Re: "REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P [Re: alsey]
    #3972285 - 03/26/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You could describe it that way, but would a person not using sight be able to perceive red by that description of photon wavelength....?

Hhhhhmmmmm, I wonder if a person that has been blind from birth has a concept of white and black - more so in the presence of light and the lack of it....?    If they did, there might be a way to more bring colors into focus for them.....    HHhhhmmmmm....

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3972335 - 03/26/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ret is always there as a certain frequency, you can see it or not.
Microwaves can not be seen, but they are still there

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3972402 - 03/26/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
You could describe it that way, but would a person not using sight be able to perceive red by that description of photon wavelength....?

they could never percieve red if they cannot use sight.

perception is a process, not an object. perception of red does occur, although it may occur differently (or not at all) for different people. you can't say that some process (perception) doesn't exist, therefore some object (photon of particular wavelength) doesn't exist. that's a jump in logic.

DivineeMotive....

"REAL" as "RED"......(?) =P [Re: alsey]
    #3973320 - 03/26/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
they could never percieve red if they cannot use sight.
perception is a process, not an object. perception of red does occur, although it may occur differently (or not at all) for different people. you can't say that some process (perception) doesn't exist, therefore some object (photon of particular wavelength) doesn't exist. that's a jump in logic.

I am not saying that it doesn't exist, I am saying that it just may not be "real"....    :wink:  Hence, "REAL as RED".....    :grin:
No human "process" is infoulable....  :shrug:
I wonder if a blind person can sense the different colors if brightly shined upon their faces....  Perhaps this would let them start to identify and adapt thru exersize until they were able to "see" without sight itself....    HHhhhhmmmmm......

--------------------

OfflineLux
    #3973488 - 03/26/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I think you have to define what you mean when you say real.

DivineeMotive....

#3973656 - 03/26/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

For me, intuition is "real"....    :wink:    Personallity is "real"....  The Spirit is "real"....  Awareness/Consciousness is "real"....  LOVE is "real"....    GOD is REAL....  All else just may be an illusion....  All that I listed above are all things that EVERYONE can feel, no matter what "senses" they may have to realize this world we perceive with our "5-senses" as have been defined by MAN, and the popular consensus....    Perhaps this is The 6th Sense that holds the answer of all these as the ONE TRUE SENSE, that cannot be "tricked" by the world around in "reality" as we have been conditioned to "believe"....!  :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds