Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEasterBunny
Seeking 5Perceptions

Loc: Washingtonian
Was I actually having a bad trip?
    #3972213 - 03/26/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

This is about my last shroom trip, a while back...
Me and my buddy shared an eigth of cubensis - we both just got very very high. We pretty much spent the first half laughing at everything like we were really stoned. My good friend was also there but he left cause he got bored. I mightve started to feel bad cause he was bored.. I told him beforehand though he should not come but he insisted. Anyway, after he left I started drifting off into my own world though my friend wanted me to stay around and keep laughing with her. I forget everything I was thinking but she kept thinking I was freaking out and called her boyfriend to talk me out of it. My thuoghts were pretty negative for a while but I felt like I was overcoming problems.. rather than dwelling in them. Do you think this was actually a bad trip for me? Or that my friend thought I was flipping out, when actually I was just doing things on my own? Sorry if I didnt make this clear enough

--------------------
A half truth is a whole lie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Was I actually having a bad trip? [Re: EasterBunny]
    #3972233 - 03/26/05 01:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a 'bad' trip is a subjective thing.

any psychedelic experience may have scary or depressing parts. IMO fright or depression do not necessarily constitute a bad trip. to me a bad trip is a trip you did not enjoy and got nothing out of. i guess a trip is truly bad if you come out of it wishing you'd never done it.

if someone thinks you are having a rough time, it doesn't mean you are. often when i've had moments of intense thoughtfulness, my friends have been concerned that things weren't going well, but in fact it was the complete opposite.

to me it sounds like you had a thoughtful trip that helped you overcome some problems. thats a totally positive thing.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Was I actually having a bad trip? [Re: alsey]
    #3972296 - 03/26/05 02:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

one time i had a decent trip and i remember thinking i found a solution to every problem. It was really mystical and i felt like i could overcome anything but i was in a negative mind set. The next day i forgot the solution. i dont think you had a bad trip. like asley said bad trips usually end with wishing you never taken the shrooms.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3972332 - 03/26/05 02:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :sun:!

Do not be so rigid in your categorization of your experience. "Good", "Bad", they're just words. Do not fight anything, fighting will just make things worse, learn to let go when you need to. 

Having a great time and laughing is nice on psychedelics, but they are very deep and complex. There is no one around here who can say that they know everything about them. In the future don't worry so much about having a bad experience, just go with the flow.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3972352 - 03/26/05 02:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you had the right state of mind to me. Sounds like you didn't let her actions get to you, which is important for maintaining a fun trip. Next time, you might consider tripping by yourself or with someone with more trip experience. I love going off during a trip by myself, and you should trip with people who understand that.

--------------------

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Loc: over here
Re: Was I actually having a bad trip? [Re: jux]
    #3972493 - 03/26/05 03:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i always have a "freak out stage" when i trip hard. im going good, then im freaking out and feel like i want to do everything but cant do any of it, then i go back to good, then maybe freaking out again.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Was I actually having a bad trip? [Re: Pupenhause]
    #3973006 - 03/26/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Were you truly freaking out? I consider it freaking out when you are either fighting your friends or naked as a jay bird. Simply voicing negative things is something that needs to be done sometimes when you are tripping, albeit you should do it alone and not mess up someone elses time with your bad vibes. Sounds like your friend was like a typical trip mate in that her emotions were turned up and she overreacted a little to a little stimulus, I swear I see it so often.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineEasterBunny
Seeking 5Perceptions

Loc: Washingtonian
Re: Was I actually having a bad trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3973163 - 03/26/05 06:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It really wasn't a bad trip now that I think about it. I think I'm just really disappointed that I couldn't go further with what I was thinking. I didn't want to leave my friend in the dust laughing by herself, she would have been really bored. She kept telling me to concentrate on one thing. I guess I consider my only bad trip was feeling like death and puking my first time on pot. Heh. Anyway, you guys are right - I would definitely like to shroom with someone more introspective, and I really want to experience music the next time.. and just wander around my head. I'm thinking of watching Pink Floyds The Wall, however cliche that is lol. Thanks everyone for the reassurance. The drug is really only what you make of it.

--------------------
A half truth is a whole lie

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
    #3974274 - 03/26/05 11:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you sound like you trip like i do. when i start to trip i go off in my own world. i sugest you try the same ammount of mushrooms if not more by YOUR SELF. try to trip on mushrooms alone. its a experiance IN not out. if you do it by your self then you dont have to come back down to wory about other people freeking out and being like "he is flipping out" i trip way harder alone than i do with friends.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience