Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Mimosa Hostilis
    #3972125 - 03/26/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all, got Mimosa Hostilis growing near my house, so I was wondering which part am I supposed to use to trip?
I've checked Errowid, it said "root bark", but due to my lack of knowledge of English language (dictionaries didn't help) I dunno what part of the plant is that. Is it the roots? Or the bark? Or???
Someone please help this dumb confused soul  :confused:

Thanks in advance

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Mimosa Hostilis [Re: Triplexiosis]
    #3972207 - 03/26/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

are you sure its a hostilis?

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3972220 - 03/26/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I personally wouldn't try it because you will have to get to the roots and get the bark (not the whole root, it's basically the outer part that surrenders the inner root), but can only take about 20% of it or else the tree will go into shock and there is a chance it will die. And next time, just to not sound so high-schoolish, don't say which part do I need to make me trip. It's like people who say shit or fuck pretty much every other word, it makes the person just seem immature. I would just buy online, much easier, and you won't damage the tree (as there is skill involved in getting that root bark off).

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Mimosa Hostilis [Re: theocean06]
    #3972291 - 03/26/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah my choice for digging up roots id step away several feet from the base of the tree, take my trusty digging stick also known as a pointy stick, and scrape and pick at the ground down about 5 inchesand go around in a circle. That way you dont get all the roots , but you harvest enough without harming the tree so much.

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Mimosa Hostilis [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3972327 - 03/26/05 02:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Oh that guy is located in Europe, so there is a good chance it isn't. I don't Mimosa Hostilis is native to Europe.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Mimosa Hostilis [Re: theocean06]
    #3972382 - 03/26/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Huh, I don't want to hurt the tree... Oh well, I guess I am a bit immature, though didn't want to sound that way. Mostly was just curious.
Anyway not quite sure if it's Hostilis, but it looks quite like it.
Thank you. :laugh:

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offlinetheocean06

#3972405 - 03/26/05 02:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't mean to say that you were immature, just that the way you worded your post, you kind of sounded like how a high school kid would talk. Good luck in getting that root bark, and definitely make sure it is a true Hostilis or else you'll just be wasting your time. I guess get some pictures and descriptions of the tree because I don't it's native to Europe. Any other members have some input on whether it grows native in Europe?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3975457 - 03/27/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Triplexiosis said:
Huh, I don't want to hurt the tree... Oh well, I guess I am a bit immature, though didn't want to sound that way. Mostly was just curious.
Anyway not quite sure if it's Hostilis, but it looks quite like it.
Thank you. :laugh:

hostilis generaly tends to have a dark outer bark above the soil line, most of
the mimosas I've run into that are native to this country had a lighter, slightly
silvery bark

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Mimosa Hostilis [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3975903 - 03/27/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It's extremely unlikely you have found m hostilis. There are tons of other mimosa species which do not have any dmt in them. I see them come up in my yard all the time and see trees of them all over. Like the man said, just order some rootbark and you can avoid the hassle.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #3989722 - 03/30/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, It ain't gonna be a hostilis. No way. Don't know where you are but Texas Lignum Vitaea look alot like Mimosa, as do many other trees.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden