Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrAzyRay270
Stranger
So close and yet so far...
    #3971770 - 03/26/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I used to the grow techniques found on these pages for a golden teacher strain (THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO BY THE WAY!!!). But after i harvested my shrooms, and dried them out for about a day (using desiccant in a sealed container), i took about 5 grams last nigh and nothing happened. Do i need to eat more? I am approximately 6' 250lbs. or is there something i missed in the process? They were grown on vermiculite and brown rice flour cakes at the proper growing temperature parameters. For about 6 or 7 hours when i first birthed the cakes, the temp got up to around 90F, but i dont think that would be high enough to breakdown the psilocybin? Or am i wrong? Any feedback would be much appreciated... THANKS!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroom_man
Stranger
Loc: Canada, New Brunswick
Re: So close and yet so far... [Re: CrAzyRay270]
    #3971803 - 03/26/05 11:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you did everything right...is the Vendor well knowen, As somone could of just sold you ediables (sp), calling them P. Cubies. If its at all possible, post up some pics of the fruits.
Right now I'm growing Cambodeans (which are P. Cubies), and I trip hard off of 3 Grams, I can't wait to try the Thiland Pink Bufflo's, I'm Inculating some PF style jars tonight.
Thank you "Poorfucker", whithout you, I'd be like this guy, eating 5 grams and wondering whats up. FYI I am 5'+ tall and I weight apx. 175lbs. Hell, I don't even bother with decessicants, I dry my shrooms with a homemade dehydrator (its a air purfier in a box with a sweater over top of the mushies, and cool air gets blowen at the shroomies from the bottom. 24-48h and they're ready to bag. My last flush was apx 7 grams dried from 2 cakes.
Anyway I think I just hyjacked this thread, so back on topic, I think either you handled them until they were really blue (blue=dead psylocin, its brusing). Some people seem to think that the more blue the better/more potent, this is not so.
try to get some pics of the fruits up. Mabey you have a really high tolerance. what do you usually eat (in dried grams) when you buy off the street, if you ever have???

Good luck and don't give up, you got some fruits so that showes that you can grow them! Mabey you just need to get a better vendor. If the vendor was from the shroomary's vendor's list, then the print shouldn't be the problem.

--------------------
I have now aquired 5 differen't P. Cubensis varities.

--Cambodean-- (vendor checked out and is well knowen by many here and at other fourms)

--Mexi-Cub-- (Again Vendor is well knowen)
--Thiland Pink Bufflo-- (vendor is well knowen)
--Hawiian Strain
--Origional PF-tech strain

OfflineCrAzyRay270
Stranger
Re: So close and yet so far... [Re: Shroom_man]
    #3971829 - 03/26/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

They were blue from bruising i forgot to mention. Thanks, i usually eat about 3.5-5 grams depending on how hard i want to trip. I got the syringes from sporebank.com (i think I'm gonna try one of the sponsors next). I have compared the fruits i got to pics off the net and they look to be in fact "golden teachers". Thanks.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #3972165 - 03/26/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Had you had a pizza or anything with alot of dairy products in it in the past 24 hours. I hear that can slow, or stop you from being able to metabolize alot of things in your stomach.

Im sorry to hear that. Hey at least you got to grow though, thats the hardest part!

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #3972424 - 03/26/05 02:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think I have an idea...

You said you dried them out for only a day. Were they cracker dry when you ate them? From what you're saying, I doubt they were fully dryed out. When they are fully dried out, they should only have been 1/2 a gram if they were around 5 grams wet, which probably isn't enough to trip. My advice is, next time let them dry out completely when they are wet, and then weigh them, or if you pick them fresh, make sure you have at least 20 grams wet. The conversion ratio is roughly 1/10 of wet weight. For example, if you picked 50 grams of fresh shrooms, they will probably only weigh about 5 grams when they are completely dry. Sounds like your problem was you didn't take this into account and didn't take enough.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Dessicant, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation