Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStupidDork
Stranger
People scare me
    #3971547 - 03/26/05 07:27 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Are people too lazy or insecure to hang on to anything anymore? We give up on so many things because of uncertainty of the future, only to set out on another uncertain path. We choose chaos over routine and pretend that's what we want, but everyone has this idea of "home" in their heart. A place where they can feel secure as them self. A place where they know what to expect. How does one find this place when the unfamiliar path is all they know how to take?

I look at the way people are today and I am beginning to believe in the theory of society breeding sociopaths and psychopaths. Promiscuous relationships are encouraged and morals have faded away, replaced by fear of getting caught. "Fuck everything" and "fuck everyone" have become the solution to life's most difficult obstacles.  It's not that we don't care, it's that it's easier to avoid difficult situations, regardless our responsibility to the situation or the circumstances of walking away. We have been trained to believe that disregard for other people is strength and giving in to something because of emotion is weakness. We are not sociopaths or psychopaths in the true sense, but we aren't too far off.

I would like to remind the world that dealing with stress makes you who you are. Avoiding life's obstacles is equal to being a crazy homeless fucker, metaphorically speaking, because that is what you are emotionally. Pay attention to the people who care about you and do your part to make it through hard times. We can go through life burning bridges and manipulating people, but it will never get us to where we want to be. Being selfish, we will never make it "home". :heart:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMeraok
swiming throughacedia

Re: People scare me [Re: StupidDork]
    #3972254 - 03/26/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I disagree with one of your premises. In fact, I disagree with a lot of it, but don't worry, I have the power of elaboration.

First of all, I would presume more people choose routine over chaos, because that is much easier. Change is a terribly stressful thing, and while it is needed and always expected, people enjoy holding on to that last thread for as long as possible.

I've always heard people blame culture and society for creating a bunch of empty maggots, as Aldous Huxley would like to say. I'm not saying society helps, but there is a bell-curve to this situation. It may be true that many people don't care about a deeper understanding, but it also may be true that thinking beyond survival is futile.

It is good that you are presenting these things to yourself, though. All of these topics are ones that people go through, and must define to establish themselves. There is no answer or conclusion, but you will continue to be constantly dynamic. Me? I've realize that I must be selfish, but contained in that is compassion and love. There is a line between everything, but because situations and thoughts are not binary, this creates quite the conundrum.

Don't lose faith in humanity. I see far too many people doing that, and it perpetuates their stereotypes and prejudices. We are amazing creatures in that we can use rational thought to work through complex problems. We are also weak, in that we cannot stop emotion from seeping in.

It's not as bad as it sounds. In fact, the trees still wave at me on a daily basis. I can only smile at that.

Thanks for making me think for a bit.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3972607 - 03/26/05 03:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

BOOOOOO

--------------------

Invisibleadrug

#3972609 - 03/26/05 03:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

YOU scare me. You would do well to re-read and think about this line from Meroak's reply:

Quote:

Change is a terribly stressful thing, and while it is needed and always expected, people enjoy holding on to that last thread for as long as possible.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Community >> The Pub