Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelitljonny
Stranger
Azures project, feedback needed
    #3970703 - 03/26/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Greetings! A few months back I decided these excellant specimans are a bit to expensive for me, so why not grow my own eh???? Well I got ahold of some azure spores in a syringe. Did the following things-

Boiled 5 jars-

2 jars of brown rice flour and vermiculite
2 jars of brown rice flour, wood chips, and vermiculite
1 jar of wood chips

All the jars except the 1 with only wood chips cultivated fully and successfully in a matter of 3 weeks. I am using the indoor growing process and now am in need of some assistance. I am using a tank made of styrophome....(spelling) and I have a thermometer in it, a ultra sonic humidifier in it and have recently put a hand held fan in it. For about 2-3 weeks I kept the temperature at around 68 degrees. Only recently did I find out that azures are a low temp. growing speciman. SHIT! what do i do???? I installed a fan and I keep a bag of icecubes in now and then to get the temperature down to about 50 degrees F. I have read that they need 30 or lower to start fruiting and what not. I really have no fridge to put them in and spring is coming about so putting them outside would be pointless (i assume) ANY IDEAS???? Any feedback or conversation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch to all who respond.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: Azures project, feedback needed [Re: litljonny]
    #3970817 - 03/26/05 12:48 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

spores do not germinate well, if at all on wood chips alone.

what climate zone are you in?

i'm not the most informed about the outdoor cult, but i think you are slightly behind schedule for anno's seasonal projection for azure beds. i believe that you would need to have spawned the jars to bags of straight chips.

if you are in the right climate zone ( ? 7, 6, and 5 w/ a little work) you can sow your spawn virtually anytime, but it will not fruit until the following season if behind schedule.

again, i'm out of my element here, so don't quote me.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation