Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
What to do with jars?
    #3967423 - 03/25/05 12:30 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

AFOAF has a few dozen PF jars that are growing. Their original plan to was fruit them in several PMPs since there was a heating problem with the grow room and it seemed like a PMP would be the easiest to heat.

Now my friends situation and location have changed. The problem now isn't with heating, it is with stealthyness. The grow room isn't a main room but it will be occupied from time to time and there isn't anywhere to hide the fruiting chambers.

What would be the best way to go? Should he do PMPs, cover them up and just tell people to mind their own business, case them and put them into a martha and try and cover that up, or spawn them into some poo and use double tubs? Or something else. What would give the highest yield without being too conspicuous?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: Smushroom]
    #3969451 - 03/25/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Any suggestions?

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3969469 - 03/25/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Too hard to make a recommendation from here without seeing the space you have to work with. A bunch of regular casings, or little tubs of horse poo can be concealed easily. Make your own call on what would be best for this situation.

Here is about 15 LBS of shit between 3 containers crammed into a tiny space, and doing great:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3969535 - 03/25/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

It is actually a big space, just too open.

Basically, the original plan was to use an unused attic for a grow room. The only problem was the temp, so he was going to use PMPs with heaters under the geolite. Well, they moved and the attic in the new place is bigger and the temp is better. Only problem is that half the attic is a bedroom where people will be coming and going. The other half could be sectioned off with blankets/curtains but I am sure it would be questioned.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #3969808 - 03/25/05 05:48 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

PMP=no heater
TiT=Heater

A fruiting chamber, which is what a PmP (Poor Mans Pod) is does not need heat, cold temps are actually better, from the 70-75 degrees.

A incubation chamber, which is a TiT (Tub in Tub) uses a fish tank heater to warm the chamber to 86 degrees.

Both can be used in a very small space if you need to.

If you need to, i can take those jars out of your hands.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: What to do with jars? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3969819 - 03/25/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

lol...

My foaf has a heater in his PmP

Turns it on in the winter and off in the summer :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3969922 - 03/25/05 06:19 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Photoguy: In Texas attics may stay at 70+ degrees but if you come up north this time of year, uninsolated attics range from 30-50 degrees. You can put a heater in a PMP below the geolite to bring it to 70-75 if the ambient temp is below that.

That was the original problem, the attic was too cold. This attic is fine on temp so it isn't confined to only using a PMP to fruit. Just need a suggestion on what would produce the highest yield for its size and thus be easiest to hide.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3970024 - 03/25/05 07:02 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

>what would produce the highest yield

Optimal conditions...
Casings-90%-95% Rh
Cakes- 99%
Incubation temps-84F-82F
Fruiting-74F-72F
Substrate-Poo/hay/grains/compost mix..:smirk:
Casing-:shrug: . I just stick to verm./coir ,Ph booster help from what i've heard

Optimal growing conditions produce the best yields... :doh: :strokebeard: lol

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3970496 - 03/25/05 09:40 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I know that :p

What I am asking, is what method would produce the method for the size? Will a martha full of casings produce more than double tubs stacked up the size of the martha, or more than PMPs stacked up the size of the martha?

The original plan would have called for about 8 PMPs that would be taking up more space than 2 marthas and would produce a lot of bubbling noise. A martha shouldn't be that loud with the two humidifiers running and shouldn't be THAT hard to cover up. Double tubs produce zero noise and have nice yields but take up a decent amount of room, but can be stacked up and put against a wall.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #3971692 - 03/26/05 07:34 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Smushroom said:
I know that :p

What I am asking, is what method would produce the method for the size? Will a martha full of casings produce more than double tubs stacked up the size of the martha, or more than PMPs stacked up the size of the martha?

The original plan would have called for about 8 PMPs that would be taking up more space than 2 marthas and would produce a lot of bubbling noise. A martha shouldn't be that loud with the two humidifiers running and shouldn't be THAT hard to cover up. Double tubs produce zero noise and have nice yields but take up a decent amount of room, but can be stacked up and put against a wall.

You keep adding more information.

First, I assume everyone is from the great state of Texas, and is located in the great state of texas! Not really, but i understand if its cold in an actic and you need to get the temp up.

Second, I may be very wrong about this, but a Martha Setup means you dont use a PmP. A martha is a little greenhouse so you dont put your casings in another sealed bin then in a martha. That would cancel out the humidification and the whole point of a martha.

So if you are really doing a martha, you need a humidification method and maybe a small heater to make sure in your cold area that you get the temp up.

If you are doing several PmP's in a cold area, i might suggest either a small space heater or to do a double tub PmP. Kind of like a TiT but for fruiting?

I dunno, just what i would do. Or you could move to texas where the weather is predictable every single day.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinefallingaway24
catatonic selfmedicator
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: Photoguy]
    #3971709 - 03/26/05 07:49 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

how about you tell your FOAF to get a job, move out and quit growing illegal drugs in his parents house. that seems like the easiest way to me.

--------------------
"Most people don't know how they're gonna feel from one moment to the next. But a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you gotta do is look at the labels on the bottles." ~drugstore cowboy~

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: What to do with jars? [Re: fallingaway24]
    #3971747 - 03/26/05 08:19 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Photoguy: You can put a heater inside a PMP under the water to add heat. That was the original plan. Now there is no need for heat, so the idea is to switch to something different.

My question was which fruiting chamber has the most yield for its size (basically per cubic foot). Anyway, will probably be going with a Martha and simply case the cakes. Debating spawning to poo and using double tubs though.

And just because it is an attic grow doesn't mean it is at someone's parents house. When doing a grow the size of a Martha or larger you need somewhere to put it. The original location was an upstairs 3 bedroom apartment that didn't have the closet space for a Martha or any type of large grow room. So growing had to be confined to a cold attic. Since the beginning they have moved into a 2 bedroom house with a partially finished attic that will serve as the third bedroom. And there still isn't closet space for a Martha sized setup.

Meaning that it will have to go in the unfinished part of the attic. It can be covered up, but the smaller the operation the better. If the cakes are simply cased and put into a Martha they will fit in a single Martha. I was asking if they are spawned to poo and put in double tubs if they would produce more per cubic foot than if in the Martha. This could reduce the size of the grow without sacrificing yield.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag