Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
what drugs have done to you
    #3968345 - 03/25/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

mentally, physically, emotionally, what have drugs done to your life? good and bad. made friends? lost friends?

Personally, drugs have done both good and bad for me.
first of all weed got me arrested twice when i was a young dumb minor. this was both bad(paying fines and probation) but also good because i learned from the experience, smartened up, and will never get in trouble again. weed also made me a pothead for a while which made my school grades and bank account go downhill at one point. with weed, i made a lot more friends and become more social. it also made me think more in depth so i learned to filter out scumbags from good people. Other than weed, no other drugs have ever taken ahold of me(never was a cokehead, e tard, and never will do heroin).

at one point, because i tried E and other "hard things" my best friend's girlfriend got in a big argument with me and almost lost all respect in me. it took some time to bring that back to norm.

psychedelics have made the largest impact on life. It changed my whole outlook on people, school, religion, myself all in a positive way. psychedelics also made me ponder harder than i ever would have when sober. i have a much better respect for the environment and every species sharing the earth with us.

all in all, drugs(as a whole) have made a bigger impact on my life than my parents and friends could never have. they guided me through the best of times and the worst of times. If it wasn't for drugs, i would probably not be here today. i have been through a lot, and it has helped me look at my life in a different perspective, which in turn made me a happier and healthier person.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: danlennon3]
    #3968360 - 03/25/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

They got me totally high.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3968362 - 03/25/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I'd say that 90 percent of the effect drugs have had on me is in the beneficent range...inspiring and expanding my creativity, making me more open-minded, helping me see how all things are connected and dependent upon each other.

The other 10 percent, the negative, is simply this - I have become extremely content with laziness, mostly due to marijuana. I'm completely happy sitting around doing nothing, stoned, which runs counter to my innate desire to MAKE things...but I can deal with that and fight it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3968369 - 03/25/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Well they didnt get me far by most of todays standards, i mumble the space cat lingo and had to pay lots of money for them and to the govenment.

OfflineAyla
The Jaded Candy Raver
Female

Loc: in a little room far away Flag
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3968427 - 03/25/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

drugs (specifically hallucinogens) have made me appreciate the world in a whole new fashion and introduced me to my g/f ~.^. Meth made me paranoid, caused me to have uncontrollably shaky hands and made me feel uncomfortable <.<

Some drugs are good, some bad. I try to stick to pot and hallucinogens myself ~.^

--------------------
Legalize Marijuana -- Your PC is now Stoned!

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Ayla]
    #3968449 - 03/25/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 7 days ago)

i been clinging to sobriety for a bit now, just another phase of life for me.

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3968613 - 03/25/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Marijuana - showed me the mind is powerful and can get out of control. Gave me complex and hyperrealistic, super vivid dreamlike hallucinations. Caused paranoia and depression. High school friends suddenly refused to associate with me, and I got a reputation throughout the highschool population as a junkie, addicted to hard drugs. This was false. Since high school, marijuana puts my life in a haze and makes me feel like I'm never truly awake. I quit last year.

DXM- showed me how much fun impairment can be. Gave me many physical and mental effects, and sometimes made me feel like I wasn't human. DXM also gave me atrocious memory, concentration, and attention problems that took me years to overcome. Using DXM was among the very top ranking worst decisions I have ever made.

Alcohol. Gets you drunk. Makes you tired. I don't find it interesting. I don't drink anymore because it impairs your brain's maintenance functions. It affects the hippocampus and prevents new brain cells from being formed. It also impairs the brain in other ways.

Mushrooms. The only healthy psychoactive substance I am aware of. I don't know enough about mescaline or lsd to speak for their healing qualities. A recent experience with a 7 gram dose of P. Cubensis freed my mind from much of its remaining impairment. My memory instantly became sharper, I can concentrate better, and I feel that my brain's total ability for sensation and awareness has been restored. I can hardly believe it, but the mushrooms cleared my mental blockages.

The above are the only ones worth mentioning. The only others are things i only used 3 or fewer times. dramamine, vicodin, and salvia.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (03/25/05 12:21 PM)

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3968631 - 03/25/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Every time i smoke, its like i just fell alseep and am just waking up. For three hours.

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Phluck]
    #3968658 - 03/25/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
They got me totally high.

For reals man! (-;

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: JoeChip]
    #3968690 - 03/25/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

When I was on Ice(speed) I became a very mean and unpleasent person.... and started being a bitch to even my cloest of close friends(sorry again for that ellemyshshade) But since I stopped I have gone back to normal. Pot hasn't realy changed me any although I have seen it mello a lot of my friends personalitys out a lot...(you know who you are) X didn't change me at all it was just fun to do every now and again. Mushroom on the other hand have change me greatly. It has really made me a better person. It made me look at my life and realize that everything n my life was fake. I was living the fake life that I was trained to live. I never would be myself around anyone. But now I have found myself and found what I looking for in life and what I want to get out of it. And because Of shrooms I won't conforum to the fake me for anyone or anything. Im proud of who I am and what I have become.

Thank you MUSHIES

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3969876 - 03/25/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

The better question is what did we do too ourselves with drugs...... Anyway, they've done good and bead. Psychedelics have had a completely positive effect on my life, hard drugs have had good and bad. I do not regret anything I've done though....I would do it all over again; I have had a blast, continue to have a blast....and my experiences are what made me who I am today. I can't go into details, as most of it is too hard too describe, as well as too personal.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #3970502 - 03/25/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:
DXM- showed me how much fun impairment can be. Gave me many physical and mental effects, and sometimes made me feel like I wasn't human. DXM also gave me atrocious memory, concentration, and attention problems that took me years to overcome. Using DXM was among the very top ranking worst decisions I have ever made.

i can completely relate to that...

--------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #3970597 - 03/25/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

drugs has ruined my life in some aspects. I can no longer feel really good when i go out and party without using drugs. I have been taking it very easy with the drugs for the last five years cept for alcohol and it still hasnt improved. Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3970598 - 03/25/05 09:59 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:

Alcohol...I don't drink anymore because it impairs your brain's maintenance functions. It affects the hippocampus and prevents new brain cells from being formed. It also impairs the brain in other ways.

Got a source? If thats true, thats going to really impare my desire to drink the stuff... damn. Is that true?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #3970613 - 03/25/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

line of what...coke? dope? OC? something else?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3970681 - 03/25/05 10:16 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

"weed also made me a pothead for a while which made my school grades and bank account go downhill at one point."

Cannabis DIDNT make you DO anything.

YOU DID.

Eat well, exercise, and dont watch so much TV, and you wont have a problem.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3971428 - 03/26/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

i never let i never fell into the depths of addiction. maybe with weed thats it...

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineHlucn8
Stranger
    #3971466 - 03/26/05 02:51 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

A large portion of the drug using comunity are social waste who pray on one another and society and care only for the impulse of the moment. When I was sixteen a group of my "friends" thought it would be funny to mass dose me (LSD) without my knowledge. I had already started the night out with a five hit strip of some verry potent blotter. One of the guys began giving me herbal capsules that were supposed to ease the after effects. In each 000 capsule they had stuffed as much dose as they could fit. All told I consumed about 12 capsules with probabley 5 to ten hits in each. It caused me to have a psychotic break that I did not recover from for,... well, I still don't think I'm normal, and I'm now 29. I could not read for three months, could not focus my mind on anything, everytime the lights went out at night, I was imersed in a world filled with white whispy spirits that would taunt me endlessly. I think my ego has finaly re-integrated, but I heard voices for years, was afraid my thoughts were being "projected" for anyone to hear who was listening, and was plagued with dilusions of being able to read others thoughts. I've done pretty much every class of drugs I can think of, and am currently addicted to narcotic pain medications, (I herniated four disks in the war in Iraq, and have no controll when it comes to my meds). No, If I could go back and change things, I never would have gotten even DRUNK for that first time. I have had a very hard life so far, but alot of it has been fun. However, for everything in life you get, (fun, euphoria, climax upon climax), you have to pay your dues. Well, this is my first post, so hi guys. I do love mycology, and that is why I'm here, so I look forward to comparing notes with you all.

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Hlucn8]
    #3971518 - 03/26/05 04:19 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

so you did alot of acid and went crazy and now you're not crazy but yet you still are?
whats that like

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3971561 - 03/26/05 05:39 AM (19 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

line of what...coke? dope? OC? something else?

'

Did amphetamine at first but it got pretty shitty after a while so i used coke instead.
I still do cocaine on special occasion if i have lots of it but i stay away from amphetamine, only makes me feel shitty and tweaked out.

Did my first line when i was 16 and im 28 now so i have had quite some time to reconcile with the fact that drugs wont be a regular part of my life. Its just not worth it anymore. I was never a hardcore addict so the drugs didn't really affect my everyday life to any larger degree.

On the flip side LSD changed my perception of things quite profusely the first time and i still carry many memories from the eye opening experience.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlinemojika
Jonium
Female User Gallery

Loc: the dark side of the moon
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #5917840 - 07/31/06 06:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

not all drugs are good... some are great!

--------------------
Three words

...sex acid & psytrance...

amen

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: mojika]
    #5917861 - 07/31/06 07:17 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs have made me realize there is much more to life than meets the eye. There is much more to life than that has been explained to you, you just have to do your own thing and grab life by the nuts and ride it wild. I really have no faith in our government anymore, my conviction didn't come from drugs, but drugs help me justify a few reasons why I don't like it, but I needn't explain it to you guys.

My ex hates drugs, she thinks they'll just turn me into another one of 'those' people. You know, the fucked up coke-fiending etc... Everyone seems to think that if they've never done drugs in their life. People tend to lax up if they live around it though.

Drugs has really only effect about one or two relationships of mine, nothing serious. Once people get over drugs being a 'problem' the one's that stick around realize its everyone's own choice of what they do. If they don't stick around for that realization, then I don't care for them.

Drugs have made me much more social. To find drugs you have to have a social aspect to yourself, as far as I can know. No dealer likes that silent weird guy that just comes and buys and walks away, it's kinda creepy. You have to be sociable, yet not annoying either. Anyway I feel that I'm much more social for having drugs as a part of my life. It makes me want to stop sitting on my ass and go do them with people. Drugs + people are generally fun.

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

Edited by Capless (07/31/06 07:25 AM)

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Capless]
    #5917873 - 07/31/06 07:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Alcohol - being an alcoholic at age 15 was an indicator of my self-destruction.

Anti-depressants - my nervous breakdown @ age 16 resulted in a couple of years wandering around in doped up fuzzy land.

Weed - a replacement for anti-depressants, weed felt like a homecoming, got me through my university media degree (with first class honours and best student award!) and soothed the fuck whatever it was in my soul that needed soothing.

LSD - fun, but my last acid trip (years ago now) although a great trip left me in one hell of a bummer - my life was fairly shitty at the time though anyway.

Coke and E - led me down another path of self-destruction. I nearly lost everything. Thank god my wife (then girlfriend) stayed with me, she pulled me through. It took me quite a few years to entirely climb out of the hole I dug for myself...the main aid to this being...

Mushrooms - oh joyousness and beauty, the clear light, rejuvination, a new found delight in life when I thought I was stuck in a rut, saviour of my spirit and spiritual cleansing. Mushrooms changed me entirely, I am forever grateful and see them as the most important influence in my life. All is love!

Salvia - reality is not quite what you think it is, salvia is beautiful and there are always more ways to look at life. Salvia scares me as much as it fills me with awe. I will return to see her another day - but not yet.
My wife loves salvia to bits and pieces!

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Edited by theorganicdomino (07/31/06 07:38 AM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #5917882 - 07/31/06 07:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Alcohol - Made understand the pain and agony of dry heaving all night as well as "letting loose" a little, making new friends and enjoying new activities, at the time, like parties.

Marijuana - Showed how much creativeness I really do have and brought it to the surface.  On the same tangent, made me go hard on the guitar for a year or so(like 6 hours a day).  Having more energy then most people, it let me settle down a bit and just learn to chill and relax sometimes.  I abused it GREATLY, more so then most people I think, and I guess my brain just isn't built for it.  With the MJ, in conjuction with psychedelics, I developed horrible anxiety that I still get to this day if I toke.

Mushrooms - Opened the door to a brand new way of percieving and thinking.  New emotions, new dreams, new aspiritions, goals, ways of thinking and my general outlook on everything.  I saw things I could nerver imagine and felt things that were completely alien, weird, wonderful and amazing.  It made me want to experiment with many more substances that were related.

LSd - Same as above, but quite a bit more eye candy which is quite wonderful at surface value.

MDMA - Made me enjoy fucking more then I ever could, but didn't seem beneficial to me.  Tried it, not for me.  didn't like the jaw clenching and lockjaw, I get enough of that sober.

The summary?

Drugs in general HAVE seperated me from certain friends over time, but they all belonged to different groups and cliches and it's quite inevitable(sp?) I think.  I also KNOW now, those aren't real friends.  I have always been a person that thinks to much and psychedelics have fueled it even further, which isn't always the best thing.  It has alienated me from a lot of people, but fuck em.  I think I abused pot a little to much and for me, personally, it fucked me up.  My high for all drugs will never be the same.  I have to be careful jumping into high doses of psychedelics(rarely done anymore) because of a familiar feeling of anxiety and fear.

The drugs I have personally done, have bettered me in most ways and have made me a nut in other ways  :grin:  However you want to look at it I guess.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #5918065 - 07/31/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

weed: pros= opened my eyes to a bigger picture of everyone, creativity...
          cons= made me slow(while on it), made me lazy, wasted my money, and all friends wanted to do is smoke.

x:  pros= feels great
    cons= wears you out like no other drug the next day, expensive at times, creates H202, a nuerotoxin, as a byproduct in the brain when the brain breaks it down,  the "hangover" lasted a couple days, going to bed at 7am after the roll and then waking up at 5pm.

acid: pros= wild fucking time! :smile:
        cons= too strong for me and synthetic

shrooms:  pros= spiritually reawakening, eye-opening, feeling of being alive, wild good time,  capable of being in control, natural, showed me to love, and the first time I ate shrooms was the last time I did any other drug.
                cons= umm some people hate against it.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Psilocybeingzz] * 1
    #5918114 - 07/31/06 10:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

YOU DID.

Cannabis gives me severe panic/anxiety attacks, sometimes even 24 to 48 hrs after smoking the stuff. I eat well, exercise and hardly watch any TV.

Just because your ok with the stuff doesn't mean that everyone else is  :crazy:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Amatoxin]
    #5918211 - 07/31/06 11:02 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm I know I listed what I thought already, but I never listed phsycial symptoms/effects if the drugs I've done.

Marijuana - I love it. It's an all time good feeling, but if I smoke too much it gets old fast. The high gets boring after times unless I change the grade of weed I smoke from time to time. Dank gives me that first timer buzz, which I love. I hack a good bit due to how much I smoke, and smoking weed has made me comfortable smoking cigs. Even though I hate the idea of smoking them, I find myself buying a pack every now and then. Luckly I put a stop to that before I started. Weed is also quite expensive too, I've spent most of my grad money on it 8 ( I've also had panic attacks where I get uber perinoid and give my weed away. I've done it twice, but I've been able to reclaim it both times, thankfully.

Adderoll - No downs here other than I just ran out. It helps with school a ton. I'm so glad I got it RX'd to me. My only concern is that I don't want to be on Adderoll my entire life, so I have to give it up sometime. I'm not addicted to it though, I only take it during school days and recreationally once or twice every 3 or 4 months, so no problems there. I also don't take it in the summer. It also brings in a bit of extra cash when I need it.

Alcohol - I hate it. It makes me odd. It taste like shit and I hate doctoring up to be something it isn't. I'll drink beer some now, but liquor just fucks me up too badly. I don't mess around with it much, and it doesn't mess with me. :P

Mushrooms - To tell you guys the truth I've never done mushrooms before. However so far their effect as given me a great community to come to, a great hobby to keep me entertained, and something to work towards. Possibly a little money on the side. So far no downsides. It kept me from growing weed, because it was either Mushrooms or Weed, and I know which one is the better choice of the two. :P

Right now I'm at a loss for other shit I've done. I haven't done much, but I'm happy with my experiences. I was looking to pick up some roll soon, but I'm not convinced its worth the price compared to a sack of weed.

--------------------

Edited by Capless (07/31/06 11:04 AM)

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5918235 - 07/31/06 11:15 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't do drugs, I just smoke weed.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5918247 - 07/31/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadConductor said:
I don't do drugs, I just smoke weed.

Last I checked weed was an illegal substance, shedule 1 substance. Last I checked those substances were referred to as drugs by many people.

That seems to be a common missconception in the drug community. People who use marijuana lightly, or soley without other drugs tend to think its not a drug. Though it is a light drug compared to many other avalible options, it doens't make it not a drug. It's just as illegal, if not more illegal to possess and use as many other substances.

--------------------

Edited by Capless (07/31/06 11:22 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5918275 - 07/31/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No kidding...I smoke the hell out of it, and still admit it is a drug. Come on, anything that shifts your perception so greatly after a few tokes is a drug. It would definetly be a "soft drug" for me though, on par with moderate doses of caffeine or alcohol in intensity.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5918278 - 07/31/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cannabis: Made me realize how full of shit those anti-drug ads were. Helped me make new friends.

Dexedrine: Helped me get through high school and college, often by pulling all-nighters to get essays done in one night.

MDMA: Helped me overcome a lot of the social anxiety I grew up with.

Mushrooms: Helped bring clarity to my life during some difficult times. Gave me a new outlook on life.

Acid: Reawakened a sense of spirituality in me. Helped me find Christ. Showed me a level of reality I'd never experienced before.

--------------------

Offlineabsolute zero
The Hero
Male User Gallery
Loc: 127.0.0.1
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Amatoxin]
    #5918317 - 07/31/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Amatoxin said:
Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

YOU DID.

Cannabis gives me severe panic/anxiety attacks, sometimes even 24 to 48 hrs after smoking the stuff. I eat well, exercise and hardly watch any TV.

Just because your ok with the stuff doesn't mean that everyone else is  :crazy:

I don't think he was trying to undermine experiences like yours, rather he was pointing out that weed doesn't "make you" let you grades slips, etc.

I tend to agree with this, as I've spent quite a bit of my college like sitting in the computer lab on campus writing code while stoned... :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #5918329 - 07/31/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana: Has done more bad than good to me over the years.
It was fun and great at first. Nothing like finishing school on a friday, going to a kegger and just getting blazed with all your friends. But I've abused it, bad. I was the definition of a pothead. It has come to the point that all of the good qualities are gone. Now when I smoke I just eat a lot of unhealthy foods, real lazy, paranoid, self-concious, quiet and shy, slows my thoughts down, makes me unmotivated to do anything. I've begun to quit for good.

Mushrooms: Has done great things for me over the years. Fuckin love 'em.
I've had the positive level 5 trips, and the negative level 5 trips. When I first started, I sort of abused them. I was stuck on this mindest that mushrooms had this answer to my life, that it was going to give me something grand. But they showed me something even better: that psychadelics don't change me, they only make me realize I can change myself anytime I want to. I will continue to do mushrooms annually until the day I die.  :mushroom2:

Alcohol: Not really a big role in my life. It's been fun, its been shitty. A little bit makes me social which I like, too much makes me depressed -- no matter what the situation.

Cocaine: I've done it a couple times, always when Im drunk. It was allright, not great or shitty. Will avoid it from now on.

Salvia: Just plain wierd. I experimented, I'm done now  :tongue:

LSD: Santa Claus is real.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlineabsolute zero
The Hero
Male User Gallery
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: mojika]
    #5918373 - 07/31/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mojika said:
not all drugs are good... some are great!

Bill Hicks?

Anyways... what have drugs done to me?

Drugs have not "done" anything to me, but rather I have learned things from my experiences with them.

Alcohol - I have learned self-control and moderation.

Cannabis - I have learned to relax and just generally chill the fuck out. I feel I'm quite a bit more of an easy-going person.

Psychedelics - I have seen the world through a different set of eyes. My psychedelic experiences have been useful in helping me let go of a lot of deep-seated pain and anger regarding my experiences:

1) growing up in kind of an abusive household (with my step-father, mostly just verbal abuse, but things were physical on a few occasions)
2) being cheated on and the trust issues that it raised
3) getting over a long term relationship and moving on

There are others things too, but they're a bit too personal to post about...

Drugs have been a useful tool and have aided in self-development towards the person I want to be.

--------------------

Offlineabsolute zero
The Hero
Male User Gallery
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: adamj]
    #5918379 - 07/31/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:
make me realize I can change myself anytime I want to.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #5918384 - 07/31/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Santa Claus is real.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shhhhhhh!!!!!!  :grin:

I think there are two kinds of people.  One kind has done drugs to their own personal excess and is now more developed, complete, and aware than the other group.  There is nothing in the world that can compare to your first blaze except your first shroom trip.  That is, assuming orgasm was part of both of those.  :eek:

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #5918420 - 07/31/06 12:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

adamj said:
LSD: Santa Claus is real.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:lol:

Weed: I loved it at first, and I think that it helped me get in touch with a lot of the more weird, repressed shit in my mind. Although it still occasionally gives me some insight, now I hardly find it beneficial. Now when i get high, I feel depressed and scared, I eat too much, and get tired. I don't really smoke too much anymore.

alcohol: Had some great times drunk with friends, and I still occasionally drink. a lot of the time i get depressed after it starts to wear off and the night is winding down.

LSD: Did it once, about a month ago, and I felt scared as shit. It lasted too goddamn long, and by the end I just wanted to sleep. Admittedly, when i was on it, I had a few "revelations" but none of them have come into fruition, which of course I cant blame on the LSD :smirk:

Shrooms: I do these about once a year. Sometimes they put shit in perspective, and make me feel great, sometimes they make leave me feeling like reality is a house of cards that the wind could blow down any second. In the latter case it takes a month or so to get over it. Either way though, mushrooms have expanded my mind and made me just a little bit spiritual.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#5918442 - 07/31/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs have not "done" anything to me, but rather I have learned things from my experiences with them.

Have to agree with absolutezero

Alcohol- I have generally always been a social person alcohol just made it more so, generally just a good time no real insight. I use alcohol extremely infrequently now, not because i had any problems with it, but just because i can have JUST as much fun without it.

Marijuana- probably one of my favorite drugs, just generally has helped me adapt a more easy going attitude towards life. use it very infrequently and treat it now like i do any other psychedelic

Addreall- probably the worst drug i have ever done, luckily i only did this 2 times, did NOT help with school, left my heart beating all night, i learned that i do NOT like stimulants :-)

2c-i- didnt really "trip" but the comedown was a very enjoyable experience

salvia- nothings happened so far

mushrooms- the first few mushroom trips i had were simply good times, see colors etc. i had a bad trip after that and it completely changed my way of thinking ( in a positive way), i realized i had become a completely ego-driven obnoxious person and was being really mean and hurting my close friends feelings. my experience with mushrooms helped me realize all this, and to this day i try to integrate that experience into my daily life.

MDMA- enjoyable, reinforced ideas i already felt

will be dropping the L this friday. i have been looking forward to this experience more than any other substance and have been wanting to try this since the first day ive read about it

overall i truly am happy with the person i have become and certainly think that my experiences with drugs throughout the last year and a half have had a significant influence on that

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#5918541 - 07/31/06 01:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

pot-from age 10 to now it never let me down,always good to relax and have some good times.

LSD
-a passion of mine...showed me my life in ways words can't describe,I've dose very sparsely for years now.

Mushrooms
-always great.much more "controllable" to me than LSD,and generally positive while Lucy goes from Negative to positive many times in a trip,for me.

mescaline
-possible my favorite psychedelic at times,it feels so natural and easy going,yet completely in a another world..my few experiences have been amazing

Salvia
-my real psychedelic of choice,and my substance of study for a hell of a long time now..it does what LSD does for me..from Negative to positive and everything in between ..all in 20mins...and at twice the speed...it's like a smack in the face from the hand of uh...something

misc.opiates-i took way,way,way...way to many pills in middle and high school...and they were basically the only drug i couldn't(or wouldn't) do SHIT while opiated...so no work was done...spent most of my last few years of high school waling around in an opiate daze and reading books in the library instead of working./other opiates..eh..good and bad..Opium is another passion...i just love it..it's wrecked My body as have most opiates,but it does what weed does for me 10fold.

heroin-i didn't add this to opiates because i despise it..i got wise early,the hard way,and stay away from it.I never enjoyed it much either,,it's actually too much...opium feels more comfortable and controllable.

coke-fuck it..I'd rather go have some good sex and a real good orgasm...too expensive for a 30mins rush,and you just want to keep doin' lines.

katamine-almost killed me at a young age...but goddamn...what a feeling,hah...i haven't and probably wont go around it ever again,but what a fucking night that was...shit was definitely awesome..and did nothing for me at all,hah

in general it's all been good to me...been shitty times..danced with death a few times...found "god" a few times...no matter the actual experience i take it all as a positive,I've learned and grown from it all..and I'm sure I'm better person from it.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #5918572 - 07/31/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

danlennon3 said:
first of all weed got me arrested twice when i was a young dumb minor.
i learned from the experience

that was your doing, drugs are illegal, posession of them is illegal and if you
dont have them in your posession theres a greatly reduced chance of getting
busted for drugs, you oalso didnt learn from the first experience

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: In(di)go]
    #5919078 - 07/31/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

In(di)go said:
Quote:

RedNukleus said:

i can completely relate to that...

Me too.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Invisibledrowneduck
The Mad Scot
Male

Loc: Lurkland UK Flag
    #5919095 - 07/31/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Made me convinced that, Vb3, was in fact, Vd3. :confused:

Offlinehaze1205
grower
Male User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5919100 - 07/31/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just pot and shrooms for me

--------------------
dont know if im comming up or down

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: haze1205]
    #5919232 - 07/31/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

benzos and alcohol - made me unable to stay sober and keep wanting to lose sense of myself, like pass out, i'd wake up and wish i was still unconcious...
still take benzos..they lost me a great deal of friends and girlfriends because i was just so fucked up on the shit and out of control
also : made me completly unable to sleep untill i was so fucked i passed out

opiates - gave me that 'why go out when i can have more fun staying in? ' feeling and i'd lose alot of nights out where people got closer to each other and became better friends because i was at home opiated

E - made me look stupid smiling and obviously rolling and sweating in front of sober people at clubs which made them lose respect of me

Marijuana - completly takes away any problem i have in my life at the moment and makes it a laughable subject, also, best sleep aid

lsd - just fun fun fun!!!!!!!!!!! crazy times

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

OfflineSimpleThoughts
One Man Show
Male

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: grphish]
    #5922693 - 08/01/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs got me more open minded,drugs taught me that everything happen for a reason and also that we must not regret our actions good or bad cause theres positive things in everything.Last thing, to love your enemies and ''hate'' you're friends cause you're enemies remain the same and you're friends always change.

--------------------
WE CAN'T CHANGE THE WORLD. LIKE EVERY PERSON,
THE WORLD IS WHAT HE IS, THE ONLY THINGS WE
HAVE TO DO IS, RESPECT IT AND DEAL WITH IT.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: SimpleThoughts]
    #5922990 - 08/01/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs have pretty much owned my social life. gay. Now I hang around with all the sketchy people I'd of refused to associate myself with while at school.

Cannabis. Its the best drug on earth .. also the worst. I love being stoned, its casual, feels good, evens me out.. but at the same time It wears me down mentally and I guess depresses me (cause I over think everything to a ridiculous degree when I'm stoned)

Psychedelics - The only way to live I've figured out what I need to accomplish, How beautiful the world and life is. I'm glad I found them. My only major problem is I've yet to find anyone I can actually connect with when I'm tripping. I've ate a vast range of psychedelics/hallucinogens with a vast number of people and I haven't had one experience where I've felt that oneness with other people. Basically I'm still looking for a tripping partner (I found a candidate but its weird - shes my best friends girl =/ )

Ketamine & tranqz - Totally fill the void. all about me. Some really good experiences. have sorted me out lots of times.

Drugs have done completely changed my perspective on life, and made me question things and changed me for the better .. although to be honest I'm completely brain fried from all the psychedelics lately.

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds