Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
what drugs have done to you
    #3968345 - 03/25/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

mentally, physically, emotionally, what have drugs done to your life? good and bad. made friends? lost friends?

Personally, drugs have done both good and bad for me.
first of all weed got me arrested twice when i was a young dumb minor. this was both bad(paying fines and probation) but also good because i learned from the experience, smartened up, and will never get in trouble again. weed also made me a pothead for a while which made my school grades and bank account go downhill at one point. with weed, i made a lot more friends and become more social. it also made me think more in depth so i learned to filter out scumbags from good people. Other than weed, no other drugs have ever taken ahold of me(never was a cokehead, e tard, and never will do heroin).

at one point, because i tried E and other "hard things" my best friend's girlfriend got in a big argument with me and almost lost all respect in me. it took some time to bring that back to norm.

psychedelics have made the largest impact on life. It changed my whole outlook on people, school, religion, myself all in a positive way. psychedelics also made me ponder harder than i ever would have when sober. i have a much better respect for the environment and every species sharing the earth with us.

all in all, drugs(as a whole) have made a bigger impact on my life than my parents and friends could never have. they guided me through the best of times and the worst of times. If it wasn't for drugs, i would probably not be here today. i have been through a lot, and it has helped me look at my life in a different perspective, which in turn made me a happier and healthier person.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: danlennon3]
    #3968360 - 03/25/05 01:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

They got me totally high.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3968362 - 03/25/05 01:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say that 90 percent of the effect drugs have had on me is in the beneficent range...inspiring and expanding my creativity, making me more open-minded, helping me see how all things are connected and dependent upon each other.

The other 10 percent, the negative, is simply this - I have become extremely content with laziness, mostly due to marijuana. I'm completely happy sitting around doing nothing, stoned, which runs counter to my innate desire to MAKE things...but I can deal with that and fight it.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3968369 - 03/25/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well they didnt get me far by most of todays standards, i mumble the space cat lingo and had to pay lots of money for them and to the govenment.

--------------------

OfflineAyla
The Jaded Candy Raver
Female

Loc: in a little room far away
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3968427 - 03/25/05 01:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

drugs (specifically hallucinogens) have made me appreciate the world in a whole new fashion and introduced me to my g/f ~.^. Meth made me paranoid, caused me to have uncontrollably shaky hands and made me feel uncomfortable <.<

Some drugs are good, some bad. I try to stick to pot and hallucinogens myself ~.^

--------------------
Legalize Marijuana -- Your PC is now Stoned!

User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Ayla]
    #3968449 - 03/25/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i been clinging to sobriety for a bit now, just another phase of life for me.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3968613 - 03/25/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Marijuana - showed me the mind is powerful and can get out of control. Gave me complex and hyperrealistic, super vivid dreamlike hallucinations. Caused paranoia and depression. High school friends suddenly refused to associate with me, and I got a reputation throughout the highschool population as a junkie, addicted to hard drugs. This was false. Since high school, marijuana puts my life in a haze and makes me feel like I'm never truly awake. I quit last year.

DXM- showed me how much fun impairment can be. Gave me many physical and mental effects, and sometimes made me feel like I wasn't human. DXM also gave me atrocious memory, concentration, and attention problems that took me years to overcome. Using DXM was among the very top ranking worst decisions I have ever made.

Alcohol. Gets you drunk. Makes you tired. I don't find it interesting. I don't drink anymore because it impairs your brain's maintenance functions. It affects the hippocampus and prevents new brain cells from being formed. It also impairs the brain in other ways.

Mushrooms. The only healthy psychoactive substance I am aware of. I don't know enough about mescaline or lsd to speak for their healing qualities. A recent experience with a 7 gram dose of P. Cubensis freed my mind from much of its remaining impairment. My memory instantly became sharper, I can concentrate better, and I feel that my brain's total ability for sensation and awareness has been restored. I can hardly believe it, but the mushrooms cleared my mental blockages.

The above are the only ones worth mentioning. The only others are things i only used 3 or fewer times. dramamine, vicodin, and salvia.

Edited by RedNukleus (03/25/05 02:21 PM)

User Gallery

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3968631 - 03/25/05 02:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Every time i smoke, its like i just fell alseep and am just waking up. For three hours.

--------------------

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Phluck]
    #3968658 - 03/25/05 02:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
They got me totally high.

For reals man! (-;

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: JoeChip]
    #3968690 - 03/25/05 02:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

When I was on Ice(speed) I became a very mean and unpleasent person.... and started being a bitch to even my cloest of close friends(sorry again for that ellemyshshade) But since I stopped I have gone back to normal. Pot hasn't realy changed me any although I have seen it mello a lot of my friends personalitys out a lot...(you know who you are) X didn't change me at all it was just fun to do every now and again. Mushroom on the other hand have change me greatly. It has really made me a better person. It made me look at my life and realize that everything n my life was fake. I was living the fake life that I was trained to live. I never would be myself around anyone. But now I have found myself and found what I looking for in life and what I want to get out of it. And because Of shrooms I won't conforum to the fake me for anyone or anything. Im proud of who I am and what I have become.

Thank you MUSHIES

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3969876 - 03/25/05 08:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The better question is what did we do too ourselves with drugs...... Anyway, they've done good and bead. Psychedelics have had a completely positive effect on my life, hard drugs have had good and bad. I do not regret anything I've done though....I would do it all over again; I have had a blast, continue to have a blast....and my experiences are what made me who I am today. I can't go into details, as most of it is too hard too describe, as well as too personal.

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #3970502 - 03/25/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:
DXM- showed me how much fun impairment can be. Gave me many physical and mental effects, and sometimes made me feel like I wasn't human. DXM also gave me atrocious memory, concentration, and attention problems that took me years to overcome. Using DXM was among the very top ranking worst decisions I have ever made.

i can completely relate to that...

--------------------

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #3970597 - 03/25/05 11:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

drugs has ruined my life in some aspects. I can no longer feel really good when i go out and party without using drugs. I have been taking it very easy with the drugs for the last five years cept for alcohol and it still hasnt improved. Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3970598 - 03/25/05 11:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:

Alcohol...I don't drink anymore because it impairs your brain's maintenance functions. It affects the hippocampus and prevents new brain cells from being formed. It also impairs the brain in other ways.

Got a source? If thats true, thats going to really impare my desire to drink the stuff... damn. Is that true?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #3970613 - 03/26/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

line of what...coke? dope? OC? something else?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3970681 - 03/26/05 12:16 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"weed also made me a pothead for a while which made my school grades and bank account go downhill at one point."

Cannabis DIDNT make you DO anything.

YOU DID.

Eat well, exercise, and dont watch so much TV, and you wont have a problem.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3971428 - 03/26/05 04:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i never let i never fell into the depths of addiction. maybe with weed thats it...

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineHlucn8
Stranger
    #3971466 - 03/26/05 04:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A large portion of the drug using comunity are social waste who pray on one another and society and care only for the impulse of the moment. When I was sixteen a group of my "friends" thought it would be funny to mass dose me (LSD) without my knowledge. I had already started the night out with a five hit strip of some verry potent blotter. One of the guys began giving me herbal capsules that were supposed to ease the after effects. In each 000 capsule they had stuffed as much dose as they could fit. All told I consumed about 12 capsules with probabley 5 to ten hits in each. It caused me to have a psychotic break that I did not recover from for,... well, I still don't think I'm normal, and I'm now 29. I could not read for three months, could not focus my mind on anything, everytime the lights went out at night, I was imersed in a world filled with white whispy spirits that would taunt me endlessly. I think my ego has finaly re-integrated, but I heard voices for years, was afraid my thoughts were being "projected" for anyone to hear who was listening, and was plagued with dilusions of being able to read others thoughts. I've done pretty much every class of drugs I can think of, and am currently addicted to narcotic pain medications, (I herniated four disks in the war in Iraq, and have no controll when it comes to my meds). No, If I could go back and change things, I never would have gotten even DRUNK for that first time. I have had a very hard life so far, but alot of it has been fun. However, for everything in life you get, (fun, euphoria, climax upon climax), you have to pay your dues. Well, this is my first post, so hi guys. I do love mycology, and that is why I'm here, so I look forward to comparing notes with you all.

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Hlucn8]
    #3971518 - 03/26/05 06:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

so you did alot of acid and went crazy and now you're not crazy but yet you still are?
whats that like

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: what drugs have done to you [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3971561 - 03/26/05 07:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Quote:

Shroomnoob said:
Sometimes i wish i had never tasted that first line.

line of what...coke? dope? OC? something else?

'

Did amphetamine at first but it got pretty shitty after a while so i used coke instead.
I still do cocaine on special occasion if i have lots of it but i stay away from amphetamine, only makes me feel shitty and tweaked out.

Did my first line when i was 16 and im 28 now so i have had quite some time to reconcile with the fact that drugs wont be a regular part of my life. Its just not worth it anymore. I was never a hardcore addict so the drugs didn't really affect my everyday life to any larger degree.

On the flip side LSD changed my perception of things quite profusely the first time and i still carry many memories from the eye opening experience.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Community >> The Pub