Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenolank
Stranger
help with fruiting chamber
    #3967118 - 03/25/05 12:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have a couple of noob questions about fruiting containers. Is it really necessary to have a completely transparent fruiting chamber or say would enough light enter from the sides if the lid is opaque. Also, ive been looking at alot of tupperware recently and just wondering what is the shortest the fruiting chamber should be. I found a really nice long and wide fully transparent container but its only 6.4" tall. Would this give the mushies enough room to grow. All the other containers are much taller but would not fit near as many cakes.

Im planning on innoculating 12 jars with cambodian strain from ralph, incubating with a TiT, dunk roll and dbl end case and then fruiting in a container with a layer of perlite.

Also, has anyone ever used a solid container and put one of those touch lights inside the lid to provide light, thought that might save me the expense of buying another tub.

Last, does anyone know a reasonably cheap place to buy jars online. i cant find cases anywhere where i live.

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help with fruiting chamber [Re: nolank]
    #3967139 - 03/25/05 01:01 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey. 6.4 inches tall is way too short. Don't forget the need for a drip shield. With two inches of perlite in the bottom, you're down to 4.4". As far as the light goes, you could do that as long as the light doesn't raise the temp. in your chamber to unfavorable conditions. As far as jar's go, just search on-line for them and go with the best price you find. Good Luck.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: help with fruiting chamber [Re: HippieChick]
    #3967149 - 03/25/05 01:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I never used a drip shield and mine worked out fine...Not saying that you're wrong chick :rolleyes:...just throwing some info. around...

Mine's about a foot tall, but i'd like it to be a lil bit taller...I'm using a PmP..So i need 3 inches for g-rocks...So that's 9 inches left for mushie growth...Plus they grow from my casings when are about 3 inches tall, so that's minus there and that leaves me with like 6 inches....Which seems like enough, but if you get nice yields and have optimal conditions and have great sub. then you'll probably want about like 7 at most IMO...They'll grow no matter how much room you give em tho :smirk:

Good luck tho

-Gnostic

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help with fruiting chamber [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3967220 - 03/25/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, I thought I'ld do away with mine, took it out one night, and next morning my shrooms were quite wet, but I also have two air lines running into two water containers mounted above my cakes. I think the moisture was from the bubbling water. I definitely won't use one doing casing's, I don't in my casing fruiting chamber.
Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation