Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
chemical shaman
    #3966807 - 03/24/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ok...so im trying to find where my contams came from so i can clean up that part of the procedure...

pressure cooked popcorn for a couple hours, let it soak for an hour or so..rinsed and drained...ran them through the collender again just in case as i was filling the pint sized jars..filled a little over3/4 full..then tyvek topped and ring screwed on...
pc'd for a bit over an hour ...then let to cool in pc.....then moved from the pc strait to the glove box....cool down in the sterile container glove box where they are inoculated ....

i used a sterile syringe of distilled water that had been stored in the fridge for a couple months......and a karo jar that i made a couple months ago....sucked up some of the culture to knock up the jars...
took about 4 days to pget my inc chamber to warm up enough...anytime
i opened it i sprayed lots of lysol in and around em and the opening of the tub...not much in the way of growth, but some white....i also noticed that there was some green growing in 3 of the jars.....
thats got me a bit freaked so i seperated those 3 jars and will be keeping an eye on the rest...
any ideas of where in the process i messed up and got that damn green nastyness

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: contams [Re: captmueller]
    #3966886 - 03/24/05 11:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If they don't all contaminate, my guess would be your inoculating procedure. If they do all contaminate, it could be anything!

If they do all contaminate, you will need to take steps to figure out your cause. Pc and leave one uninoculated. If it contams, as well as the others, it is the pc process. It is also possible to have very high endospore counts in some grain sources, requiring an extra long pc time. my2cents

Im sure this has been asked many times before, and I;m also sure a more thorough test has been posted...

Study the past...
See the future...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation