Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

reason to grow
    #3966017 - 03/24/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

i was just wondering, what is the reason most people grow. is it for the reward of tripping or the fun of growing or maybe just to feel part of a community.whats your reasons or opinions on this?

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCray
I'm not fat i'mbig bones
 User Gallery

Re: reason to grow [Re: funnylittleman]
    #3966023 - 03/24/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

it's a hobbie... try it and find out...

--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #3966025 - 03/24/05 05:57 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

well when i did grow, it was because i spent 8 hours freezing my ass off thinking that satan was after me after i ate some that were laced with lsd. havent bought them since, havent had a bad trip since

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: reason to grow [Re: Cray]
    #3966028 - 03/24/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

all of the above,.... lol

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3966032 - 03/24/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Good question, I was thinking about this earlier.  For me I'd have to say it's the excitement of that next pinset or the latest and greatest grow tek to try out.  Also, getting other people involved and watching them learn and experience their first shrooms.  Lastly, I don't trip or have any interest in it anymore, but it's always great to see other people experience my materials firsthand.

Besides all that, they are just damn magical  :mushroom2:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: reason to grow [Re: tahoe]
    #3966034 - 03/24/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

tahoe said:
well when i did grow, it was because i spent 8 hours freezing my ass off thinking that satan was after me after i ate some that were laced with lsd. havent bought them since, havent had a bad trip since

hey man is that picture of your girl friend?

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3966036 - 03/24/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I wish I could grow mushrooms laced with LSD...yummy.

Growing in general is fun. Plants take time...mushrooms are much more of a quick thing...

But theres the tripping too...which is an incredible experience in itself well worth the time and energy it takes to grow your trip.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

Re: reason to grow [Re: sludge]
    #3966047 - 03/24/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

would anyone think that the reason to grow begins as a lust to trip but that lust goes away and it is purely for the growing like diver

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3966054 - 03/24/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Certainly.  Tripping was the reason I got into it, but when that wore off years ago, another entirely different magic took over.  That magic would be watching them grow.  Does that make sense?  Ha, it hardly does to me.

I honestly don't know what it is, or why I keep coming back.  Magic is the only word that comes to mind. :shrug:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

Re: reason to grow [Re: Holydiver]
    #3966067 - 03/24/05 06:10 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

do you mean the tripping physically wore off or the idea of it and that does make sense.

--------------------

- Bill Hicks

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: reason to grow [Re: sludge]
    #3966078 - 03/24/05 06:14 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

sludge said:
Quote:

tahoe said:

hey man is that picture of your girl friend?

nope. She is a girl that hangs with us. She is a little beat in the face, definantly more photogentic then hot. In person she is okay. That day on the boat she was wearing a shirt that said "fuck me, pay me" Just dirty, not that its a bad thing.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
    #3966081 - 03/24/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

So diver. What exactly do you do with all those shrooms if you don't eat them? I would be more than happy to experience your materials first hand if that's what you meant :grin:

OfflineLedaWhoKnows
yo au no me-T.I.

Loc: G-A, U-S-A
    #3966090 - 03/24/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I'm really not too concerned with tripping in the first place but getting a present every time you watch a life cycle is always a + :smile:

--------------------
I'd like to view things on your level but I cant seem to get my head that far up my ass-Mom

I LEFT MY MIND IN SPACE, AND MY SEOUL IN KOREA-Jimmy Chopstix (the Asian Sensation)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3966091 - 03/24/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

funnylittleman said:
would anyone think that the reason to grow begins as a lust to trip but that lust goes away and it is purely for the growing like diver

i get just about the same feeling form growing edibles as i did growing exotics. I think the money tree feeling you get from cubes is what makes it more intriguing

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineExpectingRain
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#3966349 - 03/24/05 07:48 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Agreed- The growing is definitly rewarding in itself. I've been growing for almost a year now but have only had time to trip 2 or three times, but i still like the process. The beauty is in the details.

--------------------
I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after.
wallace stevens

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: reason to grow [Re: ExpectingRain]
    #3966550 - 03/24/05 08:45 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I wanted to grow about five years ago when I was really into the drug scene and I really wanted some shrooms. At the time I did not have the means to grow properly so it was just a dream that was never realized. Fast forward five years and here I am. I dont use any drugs anymore, not even weed or alcohol, but I still want to experience the shrooms. Im doing it so I can trip, but at the same time the actual practice of growing them seems like a fun hobby. Being able to witness exotic life flourishing at your hand is something to experience all in itself.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3966593 - 03/24/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I think the mushrooms make people more sensitive...

This is very important in our days. The psilocybin trip gives this lost feeling of purity and respect of nature back to the people.

Its good to see humans using organic psychoactives and become aware of the needs of the eco system.It is a love-boosting process
towards the mother of our mothers,earth, no wonder it feels good to grow!
It reveals the spirituality in things...

Magic mushroom growers, don't need to trip so much imo, cos they come in touch with this form of life in deep...so deep that they get to know all its little secrets....so well, that they become one with the trip, even without actually consuming the mushrooms.

I would like to compare growing with the mushroom hunting trip of Amanitas (thats what i am familiar with)

Someone that has experienced this type of mushroom hunting trip, might have noticed that ,the hunt itself, brings your brain in a trance state, which more or less, feels very similar with the actual intoxication....

Searching for the shrooms, is a crazy process, you look here, you look there, you run you stop, look behind your back, thought you saw something there, its not shrooms, run run run again, walk down the hill, and boom! surprise surprise you found a present in the most unexpected place!

When growing your mind gets into a similar trance state, you shoot you dry , you sterilize, you cook , you cool, you run, you wash you cook you cook, then wait and wait and check, then check and check and boom! You see them pop out the most unexpected time! Its the magic mushroom growing trip....how could it be less magical and mystical than that!

What i m trying to say is, that the whole shroomery is high all the time, even without consuming the shrooms, its the nature of this hobby, that makes you stay high,,....this chain reaction of twisted thoughts has an effect in the central nervous system....

It makes you trip, one thought after another, and another and another! whigh ends up to make you trip....trip is full on meditation, same thing that happens while mush hunting, or growing.....it is such a chain reaction of thoughts that it gets you high anyway....its the growers gift!

My friends use less of the "bad" drugs when shrooming. They talk to flowers and hug trees, untill they learn how to grow their shroomies and stay high all the time...

Its like dancing, you feel you need some drugs to take off....but once you find out that the music is the only thing you really need, you get high from it alone

Same with shrooms, its not the substance that makes you trip, its the IDEA that pushes you into that state of mind......once you get a nice full colonization of that idea in your head, you don't need to eat the shrooms, you are shroomed to the bone anyway.....The greater the grower, the less he trips i have noticed

we become one with the magic mushroom trip shroomers.Now thats what i call m a g i c !

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #3966594 - 03/24/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I just don't see any reason not to grow. :cool:

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: reason to grow [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3966633 - 03/24/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

:lol: :bow: :yesnod: :mushroom2:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: reason to grow [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3966641 - 03/24/05 09:03 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

WOW! Great post Sterile! That was amazing! You brought up some really great points. Very honest and from the heart! That brought tears to my eyes.LOL.

Edited by MushroomChris (03/24/05 09:05 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom