Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Purty big shroom off a cake (B+)
    #3965724 - 03/24/05 06:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There she blows.  Weighed in at 35 grams wet.  This is the second flush off my second batch of PF cakes.  Wet perlite + Misty Mate for humidity.  About 3 fannings a day.  Fresh ground organic brown rice (arrowhead mills) + vermiculite + Sam's choice bottled water for substrate mix.  Boiled in a pot for an hour and a half.  Another cake harvested at same time was several smaller shrooms, 45 grams wet total off of it.  Was the second flush for it too.  Thanks for the help guys.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Excerpt from one of my textbooks:
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.
I wonder if that would make more sense if I was tripping when I read it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: Fungus_Farmer]
    #3965730 - 03/24/05 06:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice fatty.

B+ is a fun strain.

Have fun with it :cool:

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3965763 - 03/24/05 06:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

im doing cakes for the first time but there isnt alot of pins showing per cake, maybe 2 to 4 ,was your first flush like that ,im growing b+ too

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: sludge]
    #3966167 - 03/24/05 08:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I too started some B+ on St.pattys day, First time working with this strain, So far am pleased with the Myclium growth rate..

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: jsims88]
    #3966183 - 03/24/05 08:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice job there, looks great.  B+ is one of the nicest performing strains out there :thumbup: (can't say I liked the effects though)

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: Holydiver]
    #3966189 - 03/24/05 08:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

effects by trip? I am growing B+ right now so it better have a nice trip! LOL.

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: jsims88]
    #3966192 - 03/24/05 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Sludge:  I have had several different kinds of pinsets.  On my first flush of my first batch (which was done with just a bag of brown rice flour instead of the freshly ground flour from whole rice) most of the cakes had a bunch of pins, but only about two shrooms actually grew to a decent size.  In later flushes (especially on the batch that had the freshly ground flour) I would either have a bunch of pins that all grew to a fair size, or just one or two really big ones.  Either way the total weight harvested from the cakes was about the same.  I wouldn't worry about only having a couple of pins, because as long as your conditions are good (fanning, misting, temp) then those few pins should mature to nice big shrooms.  That's been my experience anyway.  The shroom pictured above was one of only about 3 pins on the whole cake and look what it did.  While I was away last weekend, my partner picked a 45 gram shroom off another cake, and it was the only pin on the entire cake.  On the other hand, we've had 3 cakes that had a shitload of pins (about 15-20) that all matured properly and while they may look great (see my avatar) the weight of the harvest is the same as having just one big shroom.  Just keep fanning and misting, and ye shall prosper :mushroom2:

--------------------
Therefore, between a then and its matching else, there cannot be an if statement without an else. Statements must be distinguished between those that are matched and those that are unmatched, where unmatched statements are else-less ifs and all other statements are matched.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #3966193 - 03/24/05 08:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe, I'm sure yours will be fine Chris. That was several years ago, using a substrain that is very different from the one you have. Several people reported a "strange" trip off that particular B+ run.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: Holydiver]
    #3966199 - 03/24/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm. I heard they had a verry strong boddy high. That can be nice but I must admit the visuals are the best part.

Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

#3966200 - 03/24/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think I will try african and cambodian next.

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

#3966277 - 03/24/05 09:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just saw the comments about the effects of B+, so I'm gonna add my own experience. The first two times I tripped was on my own home grown shrooms, and both times were boring, but it wasn't the strain. It was because I had anticipated it for two months nonstop, spending every spare second I had reading about growing shrooms and about different trip reports and stuff. I had built it up so much that there was no way the trip was going to meet my expectations.

It's like when a friend tells you that you need to go see a movie, and proceeds to tell you just how awesome it is for like twenty minutes. You get pumped, you go watch the movie, and you're disappointed. If you had just gone and watched the movie without your friend telling you how great it was, you probably would have loved it. It was the same thing with me.

My last experience with my shrooms though, was Wednesday night. My buddy who helps me grow them suggested that we take a gram apiece, and I agreed. Neither of us had anything to do that night, I just planned on playing Battlefield 1942 for a few hours and going to bed. He measured out the dry shrooms and threw them into the coffee grinder, then divided them up into equal piles. I mixed mine with water in a shot glass and downed it. Pretty horrible, but at least it was over quick.

Then I started playing my game. For those who don't know about Battlefield 1942, it's a WWII combat game where you can drive a bunch of different vehicles, fly planes, sail ships, and just be a regular infantry guy. You can do pretty much whatever you want, it's a fun game. Anyway, the shrooms had just started kicking in, so I really didn't feel like doing anything besides watching all the pretty colors. I saw one of my bombers taking off, so I hopped on for the ride. I got in the belly gunner's seat where I could see all below me while the pilot flew around and bombed stuff.

Man it was awesome. The shrooms really started hitting about this time, and the colors of the game, the low, comfortable sounding engine of the bomber, and the graceful movements of the plane as it circled, climbed, and dove to bomb targets made for a nice experience. It seemed like the shrooms were hitting pretty hard for a gram, so I asked my buddy. He said it was actually two grams and he snuck it in on me. I think that was part of the reason I was enjoying myself so much, I wasn't expecting much, just a little stoned feeling from the one gram.

So when I started feeling great and things started looking funny, I was surprised and actually enjoyed the shit out of it for four hours. I was actually starting to get bored with growing these things, but since I had such a great time the other night, I'm right back into it, and can't wait to partake of these babies again!

--------------------

Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

#3966302 - 03/24/05 09:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What was your dose the first time? Was the thier a strong boddy buzz like I've heard of?

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #3966371 - 03/24/05 09:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My first time i has a big body trip. I like body trips because whatever you believe comes true wile you are tripping.

Offlineicculus_
helpingphriendly inc.

Loc: the mountains
    #3966417 - 03/24/05 10:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

im into the mind expansion but maybe thats just me...

OfflineFungus_Farmer
Stranger

Re: Purty big shroom off a cake (B+) [Re: icculus_]
    #3967099 - 03/25/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The first time was only a gram, and I just felt stoned for a couple hours and things looked a little different, nothing major. The second time was two grams, and still nothing spectacular. I felt a bit high, laughed my ass off for about half an hour, and then it got boring again. Then last time, I already described it. Two grams, had an awesome time. No major visuals, just minor weird things like thinking my vision was zooming in and out, maybe I actually was starting to see weird things but when I turned to look everything was normal again. Didn't really matter, because I felt fantastic and enjoyed the shit out of it. I would recommend doing more though, if you want to have a more visual experience. Two grams just made me feel great and enjoy myself. Also, don't build it up too much like I did. Just take your shrooms and go on your way. All this talk about preparation for the voyage and loading your mind with happy thoughts is for the birds. I prepared for two months and was bored out of my mind when I finally tripped. Then I took some and played the computer like I do every night and had the time of my life.

--------------------

Offlinefunnylittleman
Stranger

#3967801 - 03/25/05 09:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

anyone here ever grow or try Thai lipa yai strain and was the trip any good

--------------------
The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.

- Bill Hicks

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation