Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Loc: Maillardville, Coquitlam,...
Astral Projection achieved.
    #3964331 - 03/24/05 10:27 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

hey guys, last night is the second time I have achieved astral projection or out of body experience.
The first time happened about a month or so ago after me and my buddy had a long session of blazing chronic. It ended around 2 am.
After about a good 20-30 minutes I suddenly woke up in the feeling that my body started going up, "floating" if you will, slowly. :confused:
The same happened last night. "Floating" feeling and everything.
The experience is just so surreal. My room looked very different but yet the same. Last night I tried looking back at my body when I was in the ceiling floating, something I've never tried prior to last night, but there was NO BODY. I could see my bed, my lamp, but not a body.
But something that bothers me though is that I can't get out of my room, I tried going thru the ceiling and the walls but the other side is nothing but abyss. It's just "black", this kinda scared me.
Another thing about this experience is I had logical thinking, sort of, because I realized I was having an OBE while it was happening and I floated wiht my own command, but I still wasn't able to get out of my room. :sad:anybody had similar experience?
It's funny because I've been trying to have lucid dream for awhile now, practicing differnt techniques because they said the lucid dreaming is like "stepping stone" before astral projection. And it's funny because every night, my goal is to lucid dream not to OBE, but so far I had 1-time experience of lucid dreaming and 2-time experience with astral projection in my lifetime. :crazy:

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

"Blessed are the peacemakers." Matthew 5:9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Loc: noitacaol cihpargoeg
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: TheCheat]
    #3964934 - 03/24/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I've had many experiences with Astral Projection - the reason you can't get out of your room is due to the limitations that your "self" puts on your astral body. You are still confined to your room because your silver cord, the imaginary cord which connects your astral body to your physical body, is being held back by your psyche, ego, or whatever you want to call it. You're brain doesn't want to let go, perhaps because you are not ready to journey further, or perhaps it is scared to let your astral body go. Try some slow relaxation/meditation before you try to Astral Project again. It will calm the brain and hopefully help you journey a bit further.
  I hope to hear back :laugh:

--------------------
Feel the wrath of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3965011 - 03/24/05 01:19 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

after me and my buddy had a long session of blazing chronic.

Doesn't the fact that you were baked give you pause to wonder if the whole thing was in your head and there is no such thing as AP? Has this ever happened to you when you were wide awake, sober, and in broad daylight? Shouldn't your judgment be unimpaired before you accept something as unlikely as AP at face value??

This is like someone eating LSD, then insisting that the walls REALLY ARE MOVING and it's not the drug causing them to think they are.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: Diploid]
    #3965569 - 03/24/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

This is like someone eating LSD, then insisting that the walls REALLY ARE MOVING and it's not the drug causing them to think they are.

I personally like to believe that the molecules in the walls really are moving like they appear on LSD... it makes life more interesting for me haha

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3965587 - 03/24/05 03:59 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Last time I got drunk, the walls got angry and started hitting me in the corridor, left wall, right wall etc...then the floor got angry too and has risen up to hit me on the head.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3965720 - 03/24/05 04:37 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Im quite intrigued by this Astral Projection, could you please elaborate?

I've done a little research but coming first hand from someone who has accomplished this would be more rewarding

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #3965886 - 03/24/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Shouldn't your judgment be unimpaired before you accept something as unlikely as AP at face value??

Most people who practice such things as astral projection aren't doing it to prove to themselves or anyone else that its "real". Its more about exploring new areas of consciousness. Personally, I think it'd be a lot harder to achieve an astral projection state of consciousness while stone cold sober.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: BoneMan]
    #3965998 - 03/24/05 05:46 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Most people who practice such things as astral projection aren't doing it to prove to themselves or anyone else that its "real".

Most people don't care whether or not their fantastic experience is real or imagined? OK...  :confused:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3966099 - 03/24/05 06:23 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Wheather astral travels are "real" or not is only relevant to scientific research and in general those who wish to find wheather consciousness can exist outside brain or not, but as a personal experience it makes no difference in most cases.

--------------------

OfflineLux
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3966509 - 03/24/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

This is a general statement, not directed towards any person or system of thought/belief. Something that people fall victim to alot is having something such as a spiritual experience, a certain experience in which they identify with in a set of teachings or belief so much so that they believe they have been proven right and everything else in that system is probably correct as well. Try not to fall victim to such things.

Perhaps you travelled outside of your body, perhaps it was all a figment of your imagination. In the END, what does it matter? You will continue exploring for yourself regardless of explanations or understanding, as you should. Do not give up and try to give into another system of thought, it will be stale in your mind. You must cultivate your own thought and insights and honestly consider your motives.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: Lux]
    #3966575 - 03/24/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

my point exactly

--------------------

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #3966621 - 03/24/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

This is some interesting stuff....!    No wonder I was drawn to this S&P board....!   
I would ask what one would attemp to do once out of the body, and out of the house, but that would make pretenses that I don't want to know....  If/when it happens, I will figure it out myself....  :smile:  :heart:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #3967195 - 03/24/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

It doesn't matter whether a person "really" leaves the body during AP, or whether it's "real" or imagined. What matters is that the EXPERIANCE WAS REAL for the person. The event did happen for that person, just as this event of me typing on my comp is happening for me.

Physical reality is an illusion anyways. All it is is an ocean of subatomic particles to which we assign labels and meaning. It's really there, but we can't experiance it in it's true form.

So considering this (which is just my halfbaked belief), the whole universe is really just inside our heads. So who says what we can and cannot do inside of our own heads? Once we learn to have complete control over our thoughts, we can do anything we set our minds to!

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: dr0mni]
    #3967409 - 03/25/05 12:20 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

thanks for the input guys. I will look into my issues further.
Even just thinking about it now still kind of make me shiver, but I'm glad i have this board to share this with because belive you, me, if I share this with other people I know, they'll think im nuts or just on to something.

Quote:

Doesn't the fact that you were baked give you pause to wonder if the whole thing was in your head and there is no such thing as AP?

oh It made me pause a lot especially the morning after that, but I didn't smoke at all the night when I went to sleep. But the experience, it's hard to think that it's a dream or imagination because I can almost swear that I "woke up", the moment i started to feel the "floating" senstation. It's so surreal. Doesnt feel like a dream, lucid dream, false awakening, hallucinegen experience; the closest feeling I felt was being awake, like right now.
I advice who ever is interested, even a bit, to try and read up on it. Science has such limited knowledge on the brain and how it works. We are still ignorant of how much potential our minds can benefit us. and, its good entertainment! fuckin' scary at first thats for sure.

Is there other people who has experienced astral projection?

--------------------
?Religion is science, politics is Hollywood, and 50 cent is more influential than Dali Lama; welcome to the future?
-Fontaine

OfflineLux
    #3967456 - 03/25/05 12:47 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Lucid dreaming is fairly common and can be consciously induced, I much prefer that term over Astral Projection which carries alot of baggage.

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: Lux]
    #3967812 - 03/25/05 07:30 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

for someone who've experienced both lucid dream and so called "astral projection". oh its different trust me. both have their distinct feel. :confused: I used to be a skeptical myself.
but yeah I'm not here to argue the existance of this phenomena, just here to celebrate. :thumbup:

w00t!! :grin: :mushroom2: :stoned:

--------------------
-Fontaine

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #3967832 - 03/25/05 07:54 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
Most people who practice such things as astral projection aren't doing it to prove to themselves or anyone else that its "real".

Most people don't care whether or not their fantastic experience is real or imagined? OK...  :confused:

Your whole life is imagined.

next question

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3967835 - 03/25/05 07:57 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

TheCheat, congratulations!

As to the question as to why you can not get out of your room, You must learn to walk before you can run. Many people when they first start AP find a limit to how far they can go. It may be there room, there house, there neighborhood, etc. As you get more comfortable with it and more experienced, you can go further.

I have been surprised at how few people actually have achieved AP. So, for those out there who have achieved it, how far can you go? What is the furthest you have been? and What is the most breathtaking thing you have seen while AP'ing?

To me, The most breathtaking has to be Jupiter breaking the horizon and rising into the sky when standing on Europa.

OfflineTheCheat
son of the lamb

Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: Cyber]
    #3967854 - 03/25/05 08:11 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah man, you can never be sure in this life.
For all you know, you're just 2-millineum old alien who got stranded in this planet long time ago and everything you know and will know are just imagination and delusion of this alien.
hahaha. funny ass theory. :tongue:

Quote:

To me, The most breathtaking has to be Jupiter breaking the horizon and rising into the sky when standing on Europa.

oh man. that sounds amazing. journeying to Europa, WOAH. hehe was it cold from all them ice in that moon?. :cool: :shocked: but :mushroom2: :stoned: woah, thanks for sharing, that makes me want to work at it more.

--------------------
-Fontaine

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: Astral Projection achieved. [Re: Cyber]
    #3968262 - 03/25/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:

OOooo,  OOooooo.....!  PICK ME,  PICK ME....!!!!
Sir, YES,  Sir....    Space Cadet eMotion Reporting for Duty SIR....   
Just don't tell me that Jupiter is the LiMiT....    I wanna~ see some Nebulas and stuff like that..... :grin:
If this stuff is like a combination of "K-Pax" and "Contact", PICK ME, PICK ME.....!   
I just found something called the "FitzGerald Contraction"....  :grin:
Sounds very interesting........  Very interesting indeed.........

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale