Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving
    #3965438 - 03/24/05 05:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What gives? I thought after a couple days I wouldnt want it anymore, but now its been 2 weeks and I still feel like something is missing. I think Im getting depressed or something. I want to drink now everynight but I know thats worse.

Sigh, how long did it take you to get over pot?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: Scolecite]
    #3965557 - 03/24/05 05:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sigh...

If you were self medicating depression with marijuana, it's not "Im getting depressed" but "I was depressed and stopped taking my medication without replacing it with a more effective treatment for my depression." As you stop with pot, the depressive symptoms you were treating come back stronger, and with more force. This isn't marijuana withdrawl, this is depression switching from medicated to unmedicated.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3965604 - 03/24/05 06:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

tomk is probably right. i 'self medicated' my depression with weed, and unsurprisingly the depression seemed to get worse again when i stopped. it'll be two weeks tomorrow since i last had a joint. i don't exactly crave weed anymore, but i want it because i know it will make me feel better.

i love the effects of weed, so i'll probably be wanting a joint for the rest of my life. that's the thing with psychological addictions: you want the drug because you like it, not because your body needs it.

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #3965633 - 03/24/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Start doing some serious drinking...
Just kidding, really!  Man, when I quit those first two weeks were hell, then the next 2 were worse!!!  It won't get any easier unless you want it to, and you probably go to bed at night thinking about how nice it would be to have a pepsi bong to you lips, just one more time... Yeah those billows of smoke rolling through the glass can be somewhat hypnotic :hypno:  But you know why you quit and it will seem fucking great once you have a few weeks behind you... Just think about how nice toking will be when your system is flushed a little bit!
Untill then enjoy this http://virtual.bonghit.net/  Just throw some salt in your eyes and pretend your fried.

Hey does anyone know what this dude is from:  :gonzo:  I know I've seen him somewhere b4?!?

:mushroom2: :rocket: :eyemouth: :stash: :spliff: :cow: :finger: :rotfl: :penis: :craven: :jazzman: :projectile: :rastamon: :animal: :borg: :chainsaw: :drunk: :kodama: :jesus: :laser: :nutkick: :pimpin: :rockets: :samurai: :samurai: :smoker: :sinister: :bong2: :humpme: :bongload:

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: signoffate]
    #3965667 - 03/24/05 06:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Dude that's Gonzo from The Muppets.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #3965717 - 03/24/05 06:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

youre bored, pot used to make you feel ok with having nothing constructive to do. now youre bored and it feels easier to smoke up than get a hobby or do something constructive.
go down to a cafe, have a coffee and an oatcake read a paper and talk to some girls. you aren't addicted, you just dont have a life that doesn't revolve around pot and without it you feel like somethings missing. pot is not what is missing tho, whats missing is you, you don't know yourself, you've been away a while being someone else that you can't continue being without pot.

so now you need to find yourself. who are you? what do you want to do? what do you know of yourself? you might have to get to know yourself all over again.

remember when you were young? what pleased you? what amazed you? start there, it's no doubt where you left off.

when i was young i used to take pride in my physical fitness and closeness to nature.

hope that helps

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3965759 - 03/24/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

It's been almost a year now and I am also still craving. I had to quit everything all together do to the fact that i am diagnosed skitzophrenic. It's been since the end of 2000 since i've had my first breakdown. It still continues to this day, paranoid thoughts, hallucinations, let's make that constant open eye hallucinations.

As of right now i don't think i will ever touch a drug again. Even though i'm still holding on to the ideas of smoking and eating mushrooms again.

If you are strong try to hold off for another month or so, and be safe with your drugs, always.

Be safe,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: Droz]
    #3965815 - 03/24/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in drug court, and haven't smoked pot for two months. It's the easiest thing in the world... Just finding things to do keeps you from getting depressed. Of course, I would love to get high, but I simply have to wait 7 months. No big deal... Read books, make new friends.. Do something.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: Droz]
    #3965848 - 03/24/05 07:11 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If this guy is depressed, some of this advice is just wrong. If you are ahedonic, and not taking pleasure in anything, first, realize it is a sign of, among other things, depression. Then, do something about the depression. Look into St. Johns Wart, or get a psychiatrist to talk to you about medication. Mental illness doesn't feel like you would expect. It feels like nothing is wrong and you are responding logically to everything. The thing is, if you are depressed, you are responding logically to feelings that could be caused by chemical imbalances in your head. If this is the case, a change in your thinking will not help your ahedonic tendencies.

The problem is that both biological depression and being in a rut have a lot of the same symptoms. But, if you tell someone with biological depression that they are in a rut and can think their way out, that person will feel like a failure for being unable to do something their biology prevents them from doing.

I do this too, but it's important not to project your own problems onto other people talking about their problems, and it's important to be aware that everyone does this. If you are talking to a layman about a psychological problem, their analysis of you will usually tell you more about them and their psychology then your own. Remember that.

BTW, 'Psychological addition' is a term the drug warriors made up so they could say marijuana and addiction at the same time without being quite so obvious about their lies. The purpose in doing this is to create confusion among people. Let's not perpetuate the language that they want to cast the debate in.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

#3967772 - 03/25/05 08:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey now go easy on the insults. Its easier to 'get a hobby' or do something constructive?

I play drums(8 years), guitar(over 10 years) and bass. I have a recording studio in my basement. And I just got a new drum set :smile: 
I mountain bike, I run at the track and hike, I love the outdoors and I'm building a deck in my backyard, I been reading C.G. Yung, and R.D. Laing, in the last month. I'm also a computer technician learning networking at my job (novell, citrix, ect) I also work with Sound Forge and Acid, Qbase ect. 

Point is I have hobbies. I have a GF, I have a 'LIFE'. Please don't go assume everyone that smokes pot is a 'LOSER'.

And to everyone else thanks for the advice. I guess its my past depression from when I was a teenager coming back, but its not too hard to see why I was depressed based on our western civilization.

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #3968667 - 03/25/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhh! Ofcourse, how could I forget Gonzo! The Muppets were the shit way back when... Twere truly classic films! I hope they make a new one some day... I wonder if they're cool on shrooms?

I was thinking he was a character from that show with puppets living in a hole in the wall of the studio of an artist dog, and his pet dog.... Damn I can't remember the name though!

Hey you guys know any other classics from yesteryear? I think years of chronic smoking kinda whitewashed my childhood, ohh.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

#3969857 - 03/25/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i wasnt calling you a loser, i was compairing you to myself, does that mean you think im a loser?

so you have hobbies and constructive influences, so whats the problem then if you smoke pot sometimes?

and why do you crave it so much if your life is indeed so full?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3969937 - 03/25/05 08:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have no problem with smoking/not smoking pot.....  Don't take this the wrong way, but your condition baffles me, you seem to have so much going in your life, so much that many people don't have....and pot isn't addictive, so I really don't know why you're feeling the way you're feeling. Perhaps it's your mental/emotional make-up.  :shrug: My advice to you is too suck it up and weather through it....things will get better.  Let me give you some background info so you understand both my confusion, as well as my advice; I've dealt with addiction on and off (more time on than off) for over 2 years, I've also dealt with on and off depression for several years. I've also had to cold-turkey coke, oxycontin, morphine and heroin countless times....it's a bitch, a hell so indescribably deep...but each time I got through it and found happiness, so.....be patient, you'll get back on your feet.  :goodluck:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (03/25/05 08:29 PM)

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3970001 - 03/25/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have recently had to stop smoking pot, because of court supervision and drug testing for the next 11 months. I am kind of the same way, i have a life, a girlfriend, and hobbies. I crave pot a lot of the time. I smoked a lot when i could. Anytime i was bored, depressed, or with friends i was smoking. It just makes me feel good/happy. I loved it and know i always will, i just can't smoke until im through w/ random drug tests.

Ive had to stop before but, never made it more than a month. This time ive made it 2 so far. It's getting a little easier, just because im getting used to not being able to do it. I just try and block it out, because if i dont i just crave it, and sometimes almost talk myself into taking a couple hits. Especially if one of my buddies is smoking some fresh good pot and i can smell it and stuff. Just watching ppl smoke makes me so jelous. I think ill be able hold off for the time being though.

Just hang in there man, and everything will work out. Why do you have to stop smoking anyway? if you dont mind me asking. If there's really no legalities involved just try and smoke very occasionally. Not all the time like you probably used to, but just like 4-5 times a month maybe. I would be so happy right now if i could just do that.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: jtk]
    #3970805 - 03/26/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I smoked weed heavily for a year and a half during high school. The time span doesnt sound like it was very long, but during that time my life revolved around getting high. I fell in with a crowd of people who did nothing but smoke weed every day. After this went on for over a year, I realized that I didnt like where my life was going and the people I was associating with. My first step in quitting was to stop hanging around with all of my "friends." They werent what I would call real friends anyway. At first I kept smoking once in a while by myself. That went on until I found a new addiction. Bodybuilding. I began lifting weights every day of the week. I would spend a few hours in the gym every single day. Working out felt great and it felt like I was finally doing something healthy and constructive with my time instead of fucking up my lungs every day. You should try weight lifting and see if you can get a healthy addiction going. It has definitely changed my life for the better.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: Its been 2 weeks without smoking pot, Im still craving [Re: PowerTrip]
    #3970824 - 03/26/05 12:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Scott Weiland and Duff McKagen quit heroin using martial arts.

--------------------

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness

#3971116 - 03/26/05 02:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thats what i call kicking the habit!

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3972094 - 03/26/05 12:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Scolecite said:
What gives? I thought after a couple days I wouldnt want it anymore, but now its been 2 weeks and I still feel like something is missing. I think Im getting depressed or something. I want to drink now everynight but I know thats worse.

Sigh, how long did it take you to get over pot?

an instant, ..  you see, as i could see it, we humans do not care about what we do, (smoking pot, or collecting stamps).. as long as we are rewarded...

so the short reply would be: find rewards in being sober.. :smile:

i could babble on and on, as i my self been looked down in depressions, questioning, and such. so i will elaborate on Que.. (sp?)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #3973276 - 03/26/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineChazzersize
Pokemon Master
Male

Loc: Center Of The World
    #3974962 - 03/27/05 03:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Scott Weiland and Duff McKagen quit heroin using martial arts.

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/01/2605.cfm

--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: St. John's Wort

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being