Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboarderpuck
PucK

Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
911 Contamination Help Needed!!!!!
    #3952795 - 03/22/05 09:09 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

HELP!!! I am taking care of a bulk batch for Wooland because he is out of state on business right now and this green shit appeared in the casing. Since this was already my first grow, I am freakin out since they aren't mine! Is there a complete contam, should I continue to try and grow, there are 40 heads/pinners right now some an inch or more, others just starting. Are they going to be OK, and are they still eventually edible ??? pictures enclosed below, and I appreciate any help that I can get. Hope this hasn't been asked before, if so sorry.

this is some of the growth

and this is the best picture I could get of the mold. It is green in color, and almost looks like pixels almost. It has appeared in small patches, only spreading if I don't cut it out. If have done that so far and so many more pinners are starting to appear, so this is going to be a great batch if I can keep it alive. Any help is greatly appreciated and I thank you ahead of time.

--------------------
" Party hardy, rock n roll
Drink Bacardi, smoke a bowl.
Life is great, sex is fun
We're the class, 2001"

Had to pull some old school out for this one....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: 911 Contamination Help Needed!!!!! [Re: boarderpuck]
    #3956014 - 03/22/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Very carefully slip that thing into a bag and take it outside. Try to stir it around as little as possible. A TON of contaminant spores are being released by the minute. When you return, strip and put your clothes in the washing machine, then shower. Afterward, clean the heck out of your entire grow area. You'll need to wash everything down with a 10% bleach solution to kill the contaminant spores that have already been released.

Some may advise to try and save that thing. I disagree. Those mushies will be fine to eat, but you need to get it out of your growing area to protect future crops from mold. If you have a spot in the shade outside, and the temps are warm enough, it might recover and grow. If you have a garden with rich soil, bury it there. It will flush again this summer outside.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: 911 Contamination Help Needed!!!!! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3964852 - 03/24/05 12:42 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

If you fuck up my babies I will get you in your sleep...

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Offlineboarderpuck
PucK

Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
Re: 911 Contamination Help Needed!!!!! [Re: Woland]
    #3965040 - 03/24/05 01:27 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

HEY!!!! I am not fucking up your babies, I am the one harvesting while you are on a business trip. Also, they are recovering nicely, I am going to harvest as long as possible until you get back. Keeping my eye on everything and as of so far more than 40 grams, with more than 50 more pinners and etc still growing. Cya when you get home...
ASS!

--------------------
" Party hardy, rock n roll
Drink Bacardi, smoke a bowl.
Life is great, sex is fun
We're the class, 2001"

Had to pull some old school out for this one....

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: 911 Contamination Help Needed!!!!! [Re: boarderpuck]
    #3965356 - 03/24/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

come on doesn't anyone have any suggestions or input?

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder