Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
About to do my first trip alone
    #3964901 - 03/24/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone...

I'm going to be tripping alone for the first time on Saturday (I have no choice).  I have been preparing for a couple of weeks, reading all the info I can find, tidying my house and preparing my playlist.  I've been feeling great for the past couple of weeks, so I don't have any doubts regarding my state of mind.  But nevertheless, I still have a couple of questions that I was hoping some of you might be able to offer views on.

Firstly, I've only tripped once before with my bro a few weeks ago.  We had about 15 grams each of fresh mushrooms (I can't remember what type) and had a great trip with lots of colourful visuals.  This time I don't have quite as much; 10 grams fresh of mushrooms called "Copelandia Cyanenscens".  These are not the same as the ones I had before, and I don't know how strong they are and opinions seem to vary greatly.  Can anyone tell me what I should expect from the 10 grams?

Secondly, I would be interested to hear how people deal with phobias whilst tripping?  I have an extremely strange phobia (if it can even be classed as a phobia).  It doesn't affect me greatly in every day life, but my first trip almost went bad because of it; not because I saw the thing that I fear, but because when I realised that I could no longer control the visuals, the fear struck me that I *might* see it.  Luckily I was able to remain calm though knowing it was the shrooms, but I imagine it has potential for making things go bad.

Thirdly, regarding music.  Has anyone tried Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds?  I was thinking of putting it in my playlist as I love the music, but am unsure if it is suitable for tripping.  I don't plan on going outside during my first trip alone but do intend to try it on future trips over the coming months.

Finally, just out of curiousity, this isn't directly related to tripping, but is regarding the "tracer" visuals that are sometimes described.  I have pretty bad vision due to my eyes and the part of my brain that interprets vision, and generally see what I can only describe as "tracers" in every-day life that generally remain visible for about 10 seconds or so (depending on light intensity).  These aren't coloured like those usually described whilst tripping.  It is especially visible when I look at a bright light and move my eyes around.  The thing is, this has always struck me as a normal thing that everyone sees, and I was just wondering if this is the case and I am just confusing the description of tracers, or if it is in fact caused by my poor vision?

Cheers,
Martin

I'll post about my trip if it's interesting - I'm really looking forward to it. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: TurricaN]
    #3965035 - 03/24/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

10 grams of fresh copes IS a good dose. Cope Cyans are one of the most potent fungi.

Don't worry so much when you trip. Fear is a trip killer. Trip in a safe place, and convince yourself to fear nothing.

As for music... don't worry, you will likely be able to tweak your playlist DURING a trip.

You should see a difference in "Shroom tracers" if you take enough shrooms to see them.

Good luck and have fun.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: Rose]
    #3965235 - 03/24/05 04:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What is this phobia you have and what is it you are afraid of seeing?
The mushrooms can help you see that this thing you fear is really nothing at all. In fact, that is where fear dwells, in the unknown.

Any music you like will be good while tripping. We can't be the judges, you should.

Fear can be a trip killer and trip potentiator as well. I know I get high when I am very scared, doesn't happen too much nowadays. Not too much to be afraid of when you are everything.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: mecreateme]
    #3966551 - 03/24/05 10:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hell ya Jeff Wayne's War Of The World rules tripping, the music is so dope... especially the sound the martians make... OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! hahah just great!

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: Cenebite]
    #3968252 - 03/25/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies!  I'm really looking forward to the trip.  Everything is prepared now (inc. 6 hour playlist) for tomorrow. :smile:

The phobia I have, I'd rather not say what it is because it sounds completely silly and rediculous.  I'll just say that from a logical and rational perspectAive, I understand that it is nothing at all and is something that I know is completely harmless, but nevertheless, for some irrational and illogical reason, I just fear looking at it, and have done for as long as I can remember.  I can't even really understand why I fear it.

Anyway, I don't think it should bother me during the trip because I've been feeling great for a while now and have too much else to think about with tripping. :smile:

Thanks again!  Really appreciate the quick replies!
Martin

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: TurricaN]
    #3968713 - 03/25/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I suspect your phobia will not be very problematic.

Irrational thoughts often fade during trips.

Good luck, and tell us all how it goes.

:mushroom2:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: Rose]
    #3968801 - 03/25/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you do take a look at that thing, whatever it may be, you do know that the part about you not revealing it is a hold it has on you? you will realize that it is nothing. In fact, I have looked at many disturbing images, and found them rather dumb and foolish while on a trip. Few things can scare you in the normal sense of the word if you ask me. Tripping can be a way for you to conquer those things that irrationally put fear into you.

You should have a great time! Good vibes radiating outta here!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: About to do my first trip alone [Re: mecreateme]
    #3971927 - 03/26/05 11:58 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks!  I must be thinking a lot about the trip subconciously, as I dreamed last night that I was tripping, and it was quite intense and seemed so real, so much so that when I woke I had to check that I hadn't already eaten the mushrooms and then forgot.  But they're still there. :smile:

Anyways, I'm eating them right now.  I'll post when I get back.  :laugh:

EDIT: These things must be awesomely potent!  I'm only 20 minutes in and I can already definitely feel it! :laugh:

Edited by TurricaN (03/26/05 12:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience