Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineanon1234098
Stranger
A few eustions *DELETED* *DELETED*
    #3964015 - 03/24/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by anon1234098

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMages
Spaz
 User Gallery
Re: A few eustions [Re: anon1234098]
    #3964043 - 03/24/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Since you did TRY to research this first, I'll give your questions a go:
1- yes, the terrarium needs a lid.
2- keep spores in a cool (not cold) dry place.
3- Yes, you can eat the cap after printing.
4- For incubating jars, no light is needed, and many feel counterproductive. For pinning/fruiting/harvesting, 12hours of light & 12 of dark is considered best. (Some just use indirect sunlight). Note that this means if you use your container rightside up, and the lid is opaque, you'll need to install plexiglas or something to let light in from the top. Alternatively, if your box is transparent or translucent, you can flip it over and use the lid for the bottom of your terrarium.

--------------------
- Mages

Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed.
- C.J. Cherryh

Edited by Mages (03/24/05 08:59 AM)

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3964061 - 03/24/05 09:01 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I found an easy way to make a Terriaium, just use a rubbermaid container, and put damp Perlite in the bottem of it. But I'm not sure if I have to put the lid on it.

Yes, you should use the lid, but open once in a while to let in fresh air.

Quote:

And what if the mushrooms starting growing taller than my container? What would I do then? Should I go another way for my Terriaium, getting a deeper container, or what?

I would just suggest getting one big enough for them to have room. They will still grow around the sides if there is no room on the top but having more space is ideal

Quote:

Also, I was ordering my spores today, and wanted to know how they had to be kept. Once I receive them, do I need to put them in the refrigerator, leave them out, or what.

You can store them in the fridge.

Quote:

This is getting a bit ahead of myself, but once (if) I have a cap growing and I try to get a print from it, can I still use the cap after I'm done.

I assume you mean eat the cap? If that is the case, yes.

Quote:

It says just put a cap on some paper and wait for the spores to fall out. Is this a good way to get a print? Should I do it a different way?

You have to make sure to create the print under sterile conditions if you plan on using it to create more cultures.

Quote:

One last question, light. Does my terriaium ahve to be under constant light? How much light do my shrooms need? Need it all the time? Some of the time? What?

The terrarium needs some indirect sunlight or flourescent light to be able to trigger pinning.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlineanon1234098
Stranger
Re: A few eustions *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: eris]
    #3964110 - 03/24/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by anon1234098

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3964134 - 03/24/05 09:21 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

The sides should be enough but the mushrooms tend to grow towards the light, so you might want to turn the container once in a while so that light can reach all sides.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies