Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
a little mushroom told me
    #3963854 - 03/24/05 09:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

your mind creates your universe. your perceptions are the "picture" you create from the energies you receive through your various senses from people and things around you. your perceptions are thus a joint phenomenon of the observer and the observed.

you receive feedback from the people and things around you that continually modifies your processing of incoming data.

your predictions and expectations are thus self fulfilling. since your consciousness creates your universe, all you have to do to change your world is to change your consciousness! This way, we can live in a beautiful, joyous world.

If you are not enjoying every here andnow moment in your life, it is because your demands, which are backed by emotions, are making you dwell on assumptions on how you view the way life should treat you. These are desires, attachments, demands, expectations, etc. They keep you from being here now. All there is in life is the "eternal now moment" and your experience of your moment is created by the programming in your head.

you can only be here now when you instantly accept emotionally whatever happens in your life. if you wish to change something, do it! just don't make yourself uncomfortable while you are getting something done. you can be really effective in getting done what you need to in this way.

We can always find things we can magnify to threaten out security, sensation and power demands. Or we can consciously perform whatever action is needed and then turn our attention to enjoy everything we have to enjoy

we always have enough to be happy if we are enjoying what we do have, and not worrying about what we don't have.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: kaiowas]
    #3963865 - 03/24/05 09:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, That was very inspiring, Thank you  :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3963888 - 03/24/05 09:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I am a work in progress...

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinebaalzeboul
Stranger
    #3963998 - 03/24/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i agree wholeheartedly...

the universe creates your mind...external stimulus is the make-up of perception...the universe existing as a spectrum from observer to observed, does not include your personal consciousness

as your brain chemistry extrapolates upon itself, so does the 'external world' seem to alter

since you have no personal identity, the figment of badness and goodness ceases to have relavance to anything but itself, and so does not exist

being that the now is inescapable, there is no reason for ones thoughts to do anything but stray, and since this mortality is a figment, you are free to attach yourself to any and all desires you may seem fit, all there is to life is the Evasive-Then-Epoch, and the programming in your head is created by the physical experiences asociated with that everstretching constance

you can never be anywhere at any point and so you should feel nothing, if you have desire, fulfill it, but know that you make no great impact upon existence

as there is no thing to enjoy nor is there a mechanism with which one can know what joy is, cease trying to find this mysterious illusion

there can never be a happiness until you are intimate with misery, and the only key to dissolving suffering is to snuff out the flame of empathy

there is always enough of a lack to be apathetic, and there is always a deep enough apathy to sink to wherein one can finally lose all that one has previously been seeking

Offlinebaalzeboul
Stranger
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: baalzeboul]
    #3964008 - 03/24/05 10:42 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

is that not equally true kaiowas?

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: baalzeboul]
    #3964491 - 03/24/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

baalzeboul said:
as there is no thing to enjoy nor is there a mechanism with which one can know what joy is, cease trying to find this mysterious illusion

i'm confused, are you saying i have nothing to enjoy and should quite trying to enjoy things?  why isn't a smile or laughter or even "tears of joy" a mechanism with which one can know what joy is?  why would one cease trying to find this "mysterious illusion" when i feel i can't escape it?

i'm a confused happy person :smile:

Offlineinsectvhore
lord of flies

Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: SoK]
    #3964619 - 03/24/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i was trying to imply that there is no such thing as an ego, that the boundaries we create in defining things such as joy or sorrow limit us from understanding that we arent really....basically that you shouldnt worry about ego dissolution because there is nothing to dissolve...and that this universe/reality, subjection/objection is illusion
thats all ;p

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: insectvhore]
    #3965289 - 03/24/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Insect Priest said:
i was trying to imply that there is no such thing as an ego, that the boundaries we create in defining things such as joy or sorrow limit us from understanding that we arent really....basically that you shouldnt worry about ego dissolution because there is nothing to dissolve...and that this universe/reality, subjection/objection is illusion
thats all ;p

it is true, but one thing at a time.

the ego is just a label that we use. its an emotional filter that our mind puts on reality. kind of like outdated programming. what I'm suggesting is just using the ego to first achieve a state of mind of no misery. to do away with the negative side of the emotional filter. this is using the ego in a very healthy way is it not?

this would lead to unending happiness, which is bliss. this then goes past emotion and becomes a state of mind.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3965477 - 03/24/05 05:23 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

In '03 I wrote this. It involves the same ideas:

Our reality is only what our brains can sense, piece together, and somehow through this functioning system called a mind, comprehend. We cannot truly sense what reality is, from outside our strange animal flesh-monster bodies and minds. But is there even a "reality" other than our brain's limited perception of it? After all, without our dumb animal senses and complex mind (in comparison to a sea slug) to process those senses, there ceases to be any meaning to that which exists. Everything is simply energy if there is no consciousness to interpret it, and even that loses all meaning. It's an interesting thing to note, that the only real meaning of reality exists in creatures such as ourselves and whatever other consciousnesses that exist in the infinitely spacious universe, creatures that have but a virtual simulation in their limited mind, or equivalent thinking system, of what reality is.

Yet there is reality beyond our perception. We extend our view further out into the universe all the time to observe. Is it our observation of these far off distant reaches that makes them real? Are there any other consciousnesses in existence, in the past or future, that the infinitely present universe affects?

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3966970 - 03/25/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

A little mushroom once told me just about the exact same thing, it's a small world we live in.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Land of Ports Flag
Re: a little mushroom told me [Re: California]
    #3967048 - 03/25/05 12:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Im glad to see that there are others out there and "awake". To many drones out there.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub